Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-22-2016, 12:26 PM   #29
Reichler

Drives: 2004 GTO & 2005 GTO
Kooks Signature Series from MarylandSpeed. Fitment and quality are second to none.

I also refuse to spend my money on Chinese parts unless that's my only option.
Reichler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:14 PM   #30
jksynergy

Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
I'm partial to them, but Hooker Blackheart headers are a great option. We have had them on our 1LE for about a year now and nothing but perfect. We also have the full Blackheart race exhaust paired with the headers and everything has been high quality and flawless in install and use. Can't really go wrong with them.

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust,Powerbrake
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:04 PM   #31
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by havelegs View Post
fact is, the $1500 headers will produce more hp than the budget headers, about 5-10. Not even noticeable, except on a dyno paper..
Where's this evidence? I'm going to call bs on this one...
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 03:38 PM   #32
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
fact is, the $1500 headers will produce more hp than the budget headers, about 5-10. Not even noticeable, except on a dyno paper..
How and why...... The building of headers is nothing new.....these companies are not doing anything magical that others havnt. Nobody is inventing the wheel here this is an old mod that's been going on cars for decades.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 04:29 PM   #33
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
Where's this evidence? I'm going to call bs on this one...
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...rs+vs+high+end

Who cares, this has been discussed with well over 100 threads, not even joking.

At the end of the day they're all just a bunch of welded metal, so choose your preferred brand of metal and make sure it's at least a set of coated 304 stainless headers.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 05:02 PM   #34
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post

At the end of the day they're all just a bunch of welded metal, so choose your preferred brand of metal and make sure it's at least a set of coated 304 stainless headers.
For god sakes give this guy a medal. .....best post on headers yet. Read it people.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:48 AM   #35
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post

I know it's been discussed, just disagreeing with that person on their opinion that the expensive headers gain 5-10 more whp than the cheap headers. I know they're all just a bunch of metal welded together lol all you end up paying for is the name and possibly better quality
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 11:47 AM   #36
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
I think that we can all for once agree, that from an artistic perspective, chances are, that the $2000+ headers, will look much better hanging on my wall, than the $-400 set.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 04:03 AM   #37
GoodAsGould13

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS
Stainless power catless for me and I love it.
GoodAsGould13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:08 AM   #38
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Speaking as a shop, we use ARH, Hooker, Kooks and Borla because they are consistent with fit. Borla is our exhaust of choice for two reasons. We love the ease of installation and they have tested to be the most free flowing. We flat rate the installs on these products and charge by the hour for others. We won't name the brand that created a disaster bout two months ago. Thankfully the client purchased the parts and was here for the install. Nothing fit right and I mean almost nothing. Once we started, the customer and the tech kept thinking one more little tweak and we'll be good. An hour and a half in I suggested we dump the whole mess and order a new system from another MFG. It leaked, it rattled, it fell out of the hangers on test drives, it... 12 hours of labor later we had a well installed system with no interference problems, no leaks and no rattles that stayed on the hangers.

FYI -- this was a very expensive system to start with SMH
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:19 AM   #39
2010reddevil

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Victory Red 6M
I'd like to know what this miss fitting system was. No harm in sharing that info. If it didn't fit, then it didn't fit. Nothing wrong with sharing said info.

2010 2SS 6M Victory Red/Black (old ride)
CAI intake, Speed Engineering 1 7/8" LT's, X4 base tune, Flowmaster Outlaw axle-back.

12.6 @ 115 SAR as of 9/19/15
Gone but never forgotten.
2010reddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:36 AM   #40
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010reddevil View Post
I'd like to know what this miss fitting system was. No harm in sharing that info. If it didn't fit, then it didn't fit. Nothing wrong with sharing said info.
Sorry, I can't or won't talk poorly of a company that took the time to listen to my issues with their product. Hopefully, they get them all addressed. One of the biggest problems I have had to deal with in the aftermarket with products I make is the lack of feedback. Since it is aftermarket, most installers expect to have to grind, pound, bend... to make the part fit. Thinking that is normal, they didn't call and say this doesn't fit as it should. They just made it work. We would go months before what was happening in the field got back to us.

We'll see what happens next. If they don't fix it, what follows is all on them. Fair enough?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 10:04 AM   #41
985ss

Drives: 2011 SS
I installed my speed engineering headers this weekend. Had a little confusion with the pipes from the factory being different sizes but I got it sorted out quick and other than that they fit perfect, sound great, and the car feels amazing.
985ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 04:46 PM   #42
A.R. Headers

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:
And when you're rowing thru the gears and the guy next to you makes 5 more HP. The race is over.

We deal with sportsman racers with COPO's, Cobra Jets and Drag Paks that would give up their first born for 2-3 additional HP let alone 5-10. Add to that the fact that our headers are far less than $1500 and 100% USA made.

Nick
A.R. Headers
A.R. Headers is offline   Reply With Quote