Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-15-2021, 01:10 PM   #1
juansheba05

Drives: 2017 V6 1LE
2.0T Sway bar upgrade - advice

Has anyone used the FEA (ZL1-1le) front or rear sway bars in the base 2.0t? Do the stock end links fit?

Any aftermarket brands that you would suggest? My main goal is Autocross and I would like to have either a front or rear adjustable sway bars to play with during test and tune events.

Thanks for the feedback!
juansheba05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 10:15 AM   #2
JayRow52

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LS 2.0T
I have the FE3 front bar with the FEA rear bar. The rear FEA bar is adjustable and in its' neutral setting has the same torsion rate as the FE3 rear bar. From there you can adjust one step softer or stiffer. I'm not sure on the rate of the FEA front bar so I didn't bother switching to it from my FE3 setup.

If you add a front bar other than the FE2, you need to use the upgraded FE3 front endlinks and updated endlink nuts too. The stock plastic FE2 pieces won't hold up to the extra force, and there's been an issue with the older endlink nuts backing off. You'll also need to address the plastic vacuum canister that's mounted right by the front sway bar. It might look like it won't rub when you first install the new bar, but boy does it. I ended up relocating mine next to the airbox after the first one shattered a few miles down the road.
Old 03-18-2021, 10:57 AM   #3
juansheba05

Drives: 2017 V6 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayRow52 View Post
I have the FE3 front bar with the FEA rear bar. The rear FEA bar is adjustable and in its' neutral setting has the same torsion rate as the FE3 rear bar. From there you can adjust one step softer or stiffer. I'm not sure on the rate of the FEA front bar so I didn't bother switching to it from my FE3 setup.

If you add a front bar other than the FE2, you need to use the upgraded FE3 front endlinks and updated endlink nuts too. The stock plastic FE2 pieces won't hold up to the extra force, and there's been an issue with the older endlink nuts backing off. You'll also need to address the plastic vacuum canister that's mounted right by the front sway bar. It might look like it won't rub when you first install the new bar, but boy does it. I ended up relocating mine next to the airbox after the first one shattered a few miles down the road.
Thanks for the feedback Jay. For autocross, street classes only allow you to change 1 sway bar (front or rear). So I want to experiment with an adjustable front sway bar first. Agree on the end links, better safe than sorry.

For the vacuum canister, did you have to modify a lot of things or was it an easy relocation? Where exactly is it located?
juansheba05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 04:40 PM   #4
JayRow52

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LS 2.0T

It's originally located in front of the FE2 front sway bar just below the radiator fans. I attached the canister to the side of the airbox with a couple short screws. There's a tab on the bottom you have to trim off for it to mount flat. You'll need to extend the vacuum hoses a couple feet up to the new location, and that's all there is to moving it.

Tags
autocross, sway bar