Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-17-2017, 11:44 AM   #15
Mattswla

Drives: 2014 SS L99
Lcpl, you don't by chance have a part number for those bushings do you?
Mattswla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 03:13 PM   #16
FunkedOut

Drives: Black 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattswla View Post
I had it suggested to me that if doing the 1le upgrade that I should go ahead and do z28 trailing arms. Anyone have thoughts on this? The parts don't look that expensive. I've never even tracked my car but I would like to do some autocross/hpde at some point. I also plan to put a set of rear oem 20x9's up front and do 275's at all 4 corners. It seems to be the least expensive route for me to get a great handling performance gain.
good idea to get done since you're going to be doing most of the labor anyway. add the Z/28 upper control arm bushings to the list as well.

the Z/28 bushing for the trailing arm at the knuckle can only be had when buying the knuckle. I just used a poly bushing in that position. JDM or BMR have them.
FunkedOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:30 PM   #17
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkedOut View Post
good idea to get done since you're going to be doing most of the labor anyway. add the Z/28 upper control arm bushings to the list as well.

the Z/28 bushing for the trailing arm at the knuckle can only be had when buying the knuckle. I just used a poly bushing in that position. JDM or BMR have them.
I prefer the OEM rubber bushing in the knuckle. The heat generated running laps turns the urethane very soft, softer than the OEM rubber bushing. Come Monday, we are replacing all the urethane bushings in a Camaro with only 10k on them. They are so loose that the owner describes driving the car like it is filled with water sloshing side to side...

https://www.facebook.com/JPSuperiorS...07137409350724
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:21 AM   #18
FunkedOut

Drives: Black 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I prefer the OEM rubber bushing in the knuckle. The heat generated running laps turns the urethane very soft, softer than the OEM rubber bushing. Come Monday, we are replacing all the urethane bushings in a Camaro with only 10k on them. They are so loose that the owner describes driving the car like it is filled with water sloshing side to side...

https://www.facebook.com/JPSuperiorS...07137409350724
Anyway you've found to get the Z/28 trailing arm bushing (knuckle side) all by its self? Got a part number?
Until then, I'm gonna wear out these knuckles and keep an eye on the bushings.
This is the only spot on my car I have poly.
FunkedOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 03:42 PM   #19
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkedOut View Post
Anyway you've found to get the Z/28 trailing arm bushing (knuckle side) all by its self? Got a part number?
Until then, I'm gonna wear out these knuckles and keep an eye on the bushings.
This is the only spot on my car I have poly.
They are only available as a complete assembly from GM. We purchase our GM parts through a local dealer. Yes we know they can be purchased online cheaper. Working with our local dealer means we have problems covered. If a part fails, they exchange it for us a.s.a.p. That allows us to support our clients.

http://www.jpssonline.com/shop/z28-rear-knuckles

Left 23129155
Right 23129156
Old 02-21-2017, 11:39 PM   #20
Mattswla

Drives: 2014 SS L99
For the track pack install did you reuse bolts and nuts or install new hardware? I'm trying to track down everything I need for the install.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:55 PM   #21
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
I think most agree you can reuse most everything.

If you haven't done subframe bushings that's HIGHLY suggested as well.

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:35 AM   #22
JusticePete

The 1LWE suspension is designed for use with a semi square wheel and tire package. If you run the 1LE kit on a 5th Gen with Staggered wheels and tires it will understeer. If you have a staggered setup, install ONLY the 1LE28mm rear bar and leave the 27mm front bar in the box.