Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-20-2015, 06:39 PM   #1
SSyclone

Drives: 2011 2SS Inferno Orange
TPMS self programming

Back in March I purchased a set of factory polished SS wheels with TPMS and factory tires still on them. They came from a member here off of his 2013 SS. I put them on my 2011 SS because I didn't want painted wheels.

I read a couple of posts here saying the self relearn mode wouldn't work, and that the frequency was different on 2013's.

I finally just did it today and it worked perfectly, I did however have to drop the pressure in each tire almost 20lbs before the horn would beep. I had no problem with time limit. And obviously the frequency was compatible.

For those who do not know what I'm talking about, it's in the manual and it is quite simple and works beautifully.

Buckets of money under hood!
SSyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 12:12 AM   #2
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
I just did the same thing with some after market TPMS sensors on my new Forgeline wheels. The first tire (front driver side) had to let a LOT of air out and no horn, so I stopped to look at the DIC to see if the relearn mode was still on, and THEN it honked. Moved to the rest of the tires and they honked after only a few pounds released. Completed just like factory sensors.
Old 07-12-2015, 01:35 PM   #3
foo.fighter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS IOM M6
just got a randy question either of you guys might know the answer to..

im about to get a new set of rims and tires mounted with tpms. so when I go to install them the sensors will just self program?
foo.fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 01:41 PM   #4
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
If you put the same sensors in (in the correct location)they will. There is no self program, the 10 and 11 you can do a TPMS relearn with the car by bleeding air out of each tire. 12 and up require a trigger tool. I bought one for around $60
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote