DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Automation -Car Company Tycoon Game

http://automationgame.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Automation
Automation is a Car Company Tycoon game. Within Automation you will take the reigns of a car company and manage it by yourself, with or against up to 15 friends. Starting post WWII, the world is rebuilding and they want cars. It will be your job to run a successful car company, striving towards a variety of different goals. To win you will have to design cars to meet various market demands and needs. Produce a large, powerful sedan for the americas, small hatchbacks for the europeans or hypercars for the super rich. This is just a small selection of what you will be able to produce. Challenge yourself to successfully manage your company through various oil crises, changing consumer demands and ever stricter regulations. Run your company how you want to, start a budget car manufacturer, a quality luxury marque, Europe's best supercar manufacturer or anything in between.
Automation aims to be as technically accurate as possible, the engines you will be able to design have simulated torque and power curves, emissions, fuel economy values and more. You will be able to see the components you choose come together and watch your engine start up and run for the first time. You will be able to design a anything from a small efficient supercharged 3 cylinder to a huge, rumbling thirsty V12.
You will be able to design cars by choosing different chassis types, sizes, suspension configurations and engine positions with the ability to tweak the setup to your requirements. Car bodies can be sculpted into all manner of designs, then finished with a selection of headlights, mirrors and other trim pieces.
Whilst it will be quite a complicated and technically focused game, clear explanations and prebuilt designs will assist new players to both learn about cars and the game.
We are a new startup company, and as such until we can acquire funding we still need to work around our day jobs, however we still manage close to full time hours in our free time and aim to release before the end of 2011

They have a few videos on their site & I hope they can manage to finish their project. It seems like a really cool concept for a game.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:15 AM   #2
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
This is really awesome.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:47 PM   #3
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
I have been waiting for a game like this for awhile!!
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
Txmxracer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
This is really awesome.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:22 PM   #5
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
I would just build RWD V8 land barges until my company went under.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:23 PM   #6
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
How about some AWD twin-turbo v12 coupes with a 4 digit power output and 7 speed sequential automatics
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:38 PM   #7
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I would just build RWD V8 land barges until my company went under.
See, I wouldn't limit myself like that. I'd build V8 land barges, V8 mid sizers, V8 compacts, V8 sports cars, V8 wagons and so on.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 03-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #8
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

looks like its getting closer to release:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automation Website

Engine Designer Demo Release Date - 22nd of April - 8th of April for Preorder Customers

As some of you who have already watched our latest video will know, we can now proudly announce a release date for the Engine Designer demo!
The release date will be the 22nd of April, however there will be special early access provided to those who have pre-ordered (They'll be able to play from April 8th onwards)
Also, don't forget, if you Preorder, not only will you get the full game when its done, you'll also get extra content for the demo as we finish it - V8s will be added to the engine designer soon after release, with more stuff to come later.
From the Engine Designer demo release onwards, we plan to start focusing on the Car Designer again, and the next demo will include both the Engine and Car designers (So you'll be able to design engines and put them in cars)
Again, as we add new content to the car designer, you'll get that in the demo as a preorder customer, otherwise you'll just get hatchbacks (And you'll like it! :P)
Again, Have a watch of the video below for a full run through of what building cars is like in Automation so far.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=bVYeCj8DNaA

Camaro Fest sub-forum