Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-11-2019, 08:59 AM   #1
BIGG_FRANCO

Drives: 2017 camaro
2017 camaro got backed into

Car was parked in lot other day and someone decided to hit passenger door and run..what does something like this cost to repair? My deductible is 1000 thinking might be cheaper to do on my own?? Any help feedback would be helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BIGG_FRANCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:14 AM   #2
Kaseikei

Drives: 2018 Summit White 1LT
No clue how much for the door but i would do the mirror stuff yourself. Just buy the replacement it is an easy fix. My girlfriend's car got her mirror destroyed and i bought the full assembly (with turn signal built in) for $40-60 i don't remember, this was unpainted (you can just give the cap to the body shop to paint as it comes primed). Or maybe they sell it for our cars painted.

GL sorry for the loss!

EDIT:

Found this on GM Parts shop: Little more pricey for us and DOES NOT INCLUDE MIRROR. https://www.gmpartsstore.com/oem-par...EaAsLZEALw_wcB
Kaseikei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:16 AM   #3
irobles3680

Drives: 2017 2.0 Camaro LT
My door was hit with a snow plow, looked kind of like that but with small holes, shopped around and got a body shop to fix for $350 super clean job, I do have a white car though, black paint harder to blend.

Invest in an alarm and dash cam. Buy a battery pack to keep the camera recording at all times you are not able to watch your car. That’s what I do now, wished I did it before someone keyed my whole driver side. I have yet to fix the key mark as it will need a complete repaint on the driver side which is $700
irobles3680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:20 AM   #4
Kaseikei

Drives: 2018 Summit White 1LT
@irobles3680

What camera did you end up getting? Know of any quality ones? I want to invest into one in the near future. Miami driving isn't the best with BMW's cutting in front of you to break without using turn signals.
Kaseikei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:25 AM   #5
irobles3680

Drives: 2017 2.0 Camaro LT
I got a YI Dashcam for $50 an then got a sd for like $20 32gb. 10000mah battery pack for like $20 and I just leave the camera plugged to my battery packed when parked. It already paid for it self. Some door ding me in my own apartment complex, my alarm went off and everything, guy walked away like nothing happened. Left note on his car stating I have him on video door dingging me. He paid for the damages which was $100 to pull dent out.

Camera quality is good for me, reading plates is kinda hard on it, but definitely satisfied for the cost. Plus you can view it live if you have WiFi on it. Such as myself when at my apartment, WiFi reaches it so I can watch it live
irobles3680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:53 PM   #6
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Your deductible may be less for a hit and run.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:31 PM   #7
BlueBomber2.0

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT 2.0
https://youtu.be/6Pw2BWilCfU

This is a Garmin 55 dash cam in my car. This lady backed into my car while I was on vacation with my son at a hotel. This lady felt so bad and left a note on my car. Her insurance is taking care of it but I would have been outraged if she left but I would had her license plate and what she looks like.

The dash cam starts to record when it notices motion and records for one minute unless motion continues. I have had it less then a month and I cant believe the stuff I see.
BlueBomber2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:28 AM   #8
Quix

Drives: 2016 2LT V6 Garnet Red
I'm not too familiar with insurance where you live, but if it was here this would be a comprehensive claim because your car was parked when it was hit which wouldn't affect your payments and may have a lower deductible (on my policy it would be lower).

But I can feel your pain, if this was my car I'd be furious. I was angry when I found a large chip in the paint on my mirror from some jerk in a parking lot.
Quix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 01:49 PM   #9
Tex2SS
16 Camaro 2SS Convertible

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
It appears that the camera is constantly buffering the video and then it gives you a minute before and after the motion is detected. Does that sound right? I like that much better. Otherwise you would have never know who she was if she did not leave her info.

Tex2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 01:52 PM   #10
Tex2SS
16 Camaro 2SS Convertible

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2SS View Post
It appears that the camera is constantly buffering the video and then it gives you a minute before and after the motion is detected. Does that sound right? I like that much better. Otherwise you would have never know who she was if she did not leave her info.
Oh, I see now. It is not triggered by the motion of your car getting hit, it is sensing any motion in its view. Makes more sense. lol

Tex2SS is offline   Reply With Quote