Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-17-2018, 10:49 AM   #1
67rstbkt

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 1967 Firebird
Camaro SS too loud??

Is this car really that loud? Even set to "Track" on the NPP exhaust it sounds very tame to me. I don't rev it up and drive slowly through my neighborhood, but I got this nice letter from an individual who did not include a name or return address. I most definitely do not live in a retirement community, so not sure where that comes from. What say you?
Attached Images

67rstbkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:55 AM   #2
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
It sounds tame to you but not to the old people.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:05 AM   #3
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Start-up is loud in any mode. I start mine with the garage door down and then open it.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:05 AM   #4
I`m Batman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
WOW!!! Probably why the old people moved out.
Non of my neighbors have any problems with my Camaro. They want me to put an exhaust on it to make it louder, even! The other neighbor has a 69 Chevelle with 502 in it, and that thing is loud. And I live in a nice neighborhood/cul-de-sac. Most of them are around my age with young kids and 2 retired couples. We have block parties around most summer holidays too.

You just have sh*tty neighbors. :(

Oh, when I do want to start my car early in the morning, I start it in stealth mode with the garage closed. Once the idle settled, I open the garage and leave. Back to track mode down the street. I asked the next door neighbor that's next to the garage that the Camaro is in if I wake them up, they said they didn't notice a thing.

Last edited by I`m Batman; 08-17-2018 at 11:16 AM.
I`m Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:10 AM   #5
67rstbkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by I`m Batman View Post
WOW!!! Probably why the old people moved out.
Non of my neighbors have any problems with my Camaro. They want me to put an exhaust on it to make it louder, even! The other neighbor has a 69 Chevelle with 502 in it, and that thing is loud. And I live in a nice neighborhood/cul-de-sac. Most of them are around my age and 2 retired couples. We have block parties around most summer holidays too.

You just have sh*tty neighbors. :(

The neighbors around me encourage noise, I have no idea who these people are since they left no name or address.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:16 AM   #6
misterjaayy

Drives: 2019 CTS-V
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528092

Has already been brought up in another thread. Long story short you're going to have the 'its my property I'll do what I want' crowd, the 'be a courteous neighbor and cold start and drive off in stealth' and the internet tough guys who want to pound their neighbors to dust. Figure out which group you fall into and you'll have your answer on what to do.
misterjaayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:27 AM   #7
HighIron

Drives: 2024 2SS Summit White
I don't open the garage door until the idle settles down, just as a courtesy, and don't switch it back to sport mode till I'm on the main road.

In any case, the noise from your car being driven gently from your house is of short duration though, 30-45 seconds or so. The real noise pollution offenders are the people who hire these "landscapers" to mow their lawns: 30 minutes of those super LOUD zero-turn mowers, followed by 15-20 minutes of a 2-cycle weed wacker, then another 15 minutes with those SUPER annoying blowers, whose users seem to take pleasure of blipping the throttle so that it sounds like 20 dirt bikes on a motocross course. All at 7:30 am or so.
HighIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:34 AM   #8
67rstbkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaayy View Post
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528092

Has already been brought up in another thread. Long story short you're going to have the 'its my property I'll do what I want' crowd, the 'be a courteous neighbor and cold start and drive off in stealth' and the internet tough guys who want to pound their neighbors to dust. Figure out which group you fall into and you'll have your answer on what to do.

I figured that - I generally try to be considerate, I don't rev the motor and mostly coast down the road when I leave in the morning. Seems like someone would have something better to do with their lives other than stalk mine.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:39 AM   #9
S2K+1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 17 SS 1LE | 07 S2K
If this person didn't deliver this to me in person, leave a name, or any way to get in contact, or attempt to have a reasonable adult conversation with me... I would just attach it to the community mail box with a big dick drawn on it in Sharpie and tell him to get at me when he grows the balls to match the passive-aggressive dick he's being.

I suppose my response is approximately the same level of "internet tough guy" as one who would preemptively post those words...
S2K+1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:41 AM   #10
mdhopt36

Drives: '17- 1ag37 V6 traded, for 1SS 2018!
A retiree didn't write that letter. Spelling errors.
mdhopt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:46 AM   #11
chrest

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
Start-up is loud in any mode. I start mine with the garage door down and then open it.
same. no one has said a word but i am conscience of it for sure. with headers and no cats, cold start is for sure load as hell.

I have a neighbor with a new silverado with flowmasters that is loud also that starts up in his drive way right before me every morning. At least we would share the neighborly love if there was any.
603hp/547tq
chrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:46 AM   #12
Magnum922

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, A8
My brother was like this when he had his first child. He also wouldn't run the sweeper in the house since he thought it was too loud for the child. As long as you not flooring it and reving it up in your neighbor hood in the morning. It's not too loud.
Magnum922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:46 AM   #13
misterjaayy

Drives: 2019 CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2K+1LE View Post
If this person didn't deliver this to me in person, leave a name, or any way to get in contact, or attempt to have a reasonable adult conversation with me... I would just attach it to the community mail box with a big dick drawn on it in Sharpie and tell him to get at me when he grows the balls to match the passive-aggressive dick he's being.

I suppose my response is approximately the same level of "internet tough guy" as one who would preemptively post those words...
And there it is.
misterjaayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:47 AM   #14
67rstbkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum922 View Post
My brother was like this when he had his first child. He also wouldn't run the sweeper in the house since he thought it was too loud for the child. As long as you not flooring it and reving it up in your neighbor hood in the morning. It's not too loud.

Definitely not flooring it or revving it, no mods at all - bone stock