Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-21-2018, 08:43 AM   #71
DavidinGA
Tread Marks

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmDanny View Post
How many miles you have so far? How’s the gas/mpg going for you? Luckily I’m in Phoenix right now so rain is few and far between besides these monsoons which id avoid driving in no matter what car I had.
I've only owned mine a for a few months now, but I've got a couple thousand on her so far.

I'm averaging a little over 19mpg and I get on it quite a bit (was hitting triple digits daily the first few weeks lol). I still haven't actually tried to see what the best mpg I could get is; still having too much fun driving it like it supposed to be driven (gotta hear that exhaust crackle and pop!).

It's an excellent DD as long as you're not planning to haul people around with you in the "back seat"!

DavidinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 06:42 PM   #72
ste1n

Drives: 2019 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp00ner View Post
I have a set of Blizzaks for winter and I drive it every day around the Chicago area, all winter. In fact, it's the preferred car for our household during bad winter weather, it's way better than the Missus' Focus is...

It's the best car I've ever driven in snow, of course every other car I've driven in snow has been shit...
This gave me confident

I mean the car has heated seats and steering wheel so it probably was designed for winters as well.
ste1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 08:31 PM   #73
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste1n View Post
This gave me confident

I mean the car has heated seats and steering wheel so it probably was designed for winters as well.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 08:45 AM   #74
DavidinGA
Tread Marks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp00ner View Post
I have a set of Blizzaks for winter and I drive it every day around the Chicago area, all winter. In fact, it's the preferred car for our household during bad winter weather, it's way better than the Missus' Focus is...

It's the best car I've ever driven in snow, of course every other car I've driven in snow has been shit...
I can't fathom this; does the Focus have crap tires on it or something? I would also think you'd run into snow clearance issues with the 6th gen before you would in the Focus and make the situation even worse.

Old 08-24-2018, 10:58 AM   #75
RunRS9114

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS, A8, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinGA View Post
I can't fathom this; does the Focus have crap tires on it or something? I would also think you'd run into snow clearance issues with the 6th gen before you would in the Focus and make the situation even worse.

Yeah, something seems off, but who knows.

I'll just chime in that last winter was my first with the SS, driving an RS through winters before that. Blizzaks and a steady foot handle Chicago winters just fine. I only had a clearance issue once last year, but it was during a major snow event and really it wasn't too terrible post plows. It's surprising how well it works in the snow given the power the car puts out. I've also only driven Camaros in the winter through my life, so that helps.

"Would you not like to be, sitting on top of the world with your legs hanging free?"
RunRS9114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 12:11 PM   #76
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

Don't underestimate how good true snow tires are. I drive my SS year round in Wisconsin with stock size 245/275 Sottozero and it is better than a front wheel drive with all season tires.

I could never convince my wife that it was worth buying a second set of snow tires for her SUV until she lost traction and crashed last year. Now she has a set of Michelin X-Ice.

Snow tires go on late November and off April 1st. Clearance has never been an issue with the Camaro

Last edited by hotlap; 08-25-2018 at 08:31 AM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 07:54 AM   #77
DailyFifty

Drives: 2017 Fifty 2SS M6 Coupe
Second the snow tires comments above. Had Pirellis on my 5th gen, 275s with studs in the back and that thing hooked up good in the snow!

To the OP, I daily my 6th gen 2SS 110 miles round trip for all salt free months of the year and love it. Coming up on 25k miles since purchasing in July 2017. It sees 6000+ RPM pulls multiple times a day and I clear about 24mpg on 93. A set of slightly more wet weather worthy tires is certainly a good investment.
DailyFifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 11:17 AM   #78
DavidinGA
Tread Marks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Don't underestimate how good true snow tires are. I drive my SS year round in Wisconsin with stock size 245/275 Sottozero and it is better than a front wheel drive with all season tires.

I could never convince my wife that it was worth buying a second set of snow tires for her SUV until she lost traction and crashed last year. Now she has a set of Michelin X-Ice.

Snow tires go on late November and off April 1st. Clearance has never been an issue with the Camaro
Wouldn't good snow tires on a focus still perform better though?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2018, 03:06 PM   #79
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Wouldn't good snow tires on a focus still perform better though?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
The majority of people living in northern states don’t put snow tires on and are perfectly comfortable driving in the snow with their all season tires. My Camaro with winter tires accelerates and brakes better.

But yes. Snow tires on front drive is very good. I’m happy that my wife now has them.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 12:42 AM   #80
drperry

Drives: Chevy Blazer
Dedicated winters are worth every penny, lol. You don't notice much difference in the snow, but when you have a lot of ice and such, dedicated winter tires are fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
drperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 08:38 AM   #81
nitrojedi

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS Convertible
I'm new here ! I work in sales at a Chevy/GM/Buick dealership...I currently daily drive a 2018 1SS convertible and its awesome...The car takes a little to get used to but after that its all awesome, even my wife loves driving it.... I find the low RPM torque makes the car a total blast to drive while keeping it under the speed limit.. All in all the car is awesome to drive !
nitrojedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 08:46 AM   #82
Hot_Wheels_Nascar_Fan

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels Camaro 2LT
I just bought a 2018 Hot Wheels Edition RS last Tuesday and have been driving it as much as possible this week. It is a great ride and all the visibility concerns are blown way out of proportion. Yes, its harder to see out of than an SUV with all glass windows in the back, but with Blind Spot Montitoring and a good awareness of your mirrors and what's going on around you I've had no issues at all. I have a daily drive of around 100 miles round trip and get into some heavy traffic at times, but just being aware of your surroundings and it's fine. I love this car.
Hot_Wheels_Nascar_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 10:43 AM   #83
Blazin383

Drives: 2016 SS
I have two that are daily driven. My wife drives my 16 2SS A8 daily to work and back (60 miles), when the weather is good, and I drive my 17 1LT M6 as a daily driver for everything. We put the SS away for the winter, but I put snow tires on the LT with a little weight in the trunk and it does fine during our winters. Visibility is better in a lot of cars, but to be honest I’ve never had any kind of issue with seeing out of the Camaros. The backup cameras help with backing, and if you adjust your mirrors correctly and can turn your head both ways you’ll have no problems.

I find the seats in both my cars very comfortable, and the ride is good in both, especially the SS with the mag shocks. The SS and the LT are very different cars but I love driving both, and you can’t pry that SS out of my wife’s fingers! She loves it!

Fuel mileage with both the SS and LT is really pretty darn good, and believe it or not, not much difference between the two except the SS drinks premium. I’ve got right at 12,000 miles on each of them and haven’t had any mechanical issues with either. Both are great cars and I think you’d be happy using yours as a daily driver.

I traded a 12 Corvette Grand Sport for my SS and the Camaro makes a much better daily driver than the Vette was.
Blazin383 is offline   Reply With Quote