Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 04-18-2018, 08:19 PM   #1
Kenshinx23

Drives: 2016 2ss
A weird Dilemma

I bought a 2ss, it is a CPO car, and i also purchased the extended warranty. This was my first time dealing with a non "premium" non european brand and let me tell you, the buying experience was totally different. It was like being in a different world but i digress, let me get back to the my situation here.

So the car has a after market exhaust and intake on it. I had asked my dealer that CPOed the car if that would cause me any trouble with the warranty and getting the car serviced. All sorts of promises were made and I was ultimately told no, it would not have any effect at all.

So I buy the car, (about a 100 miles away) and bring her home. All is good and kosher, till one drive i hear tons of wind noise coming from what sounds like driver side window, and it feels like i may have a slip in my transmission (A8). The slip rarely happens but the wind noise is pretty common. So i take to my local dealer here, and they call me the next day denying all the issues, I say to them that i can come down and show them. I guess they didn't like that and hit me with a your car is modded and we are going to have to void your warranty. I sorta lost it (first time hearing something like this) and just begged the dude to not do anything and let me have the car back.

So now i have no idea if they "flagged my car" or hell even already voided the warranty. I am going to take down to the dealer i bought the car from and talk to the service manager and see if he is okay with working on my car or if would also lean towards the "void."

If he does, I am not sure what to do form that point, but I guess i would start with trying to swap the car with a different one?

Sorta lost and have not enjoyed my experience so far.

However if does say that he would still honor the warranty and be happy to service the car, I do think i am going to keep it. It is hella fun but i do think ill try to get my money back on the extended warranty.
Kenshinx23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:43 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
See the local service manager, and if he says he's not gonna touch it, you can either sell the car, take off the Mods and replace them with factory stock units, which are probably for sale here, Or go back to the selling dealer for the warranty work. This is a decision that is completely up to the dealer himself. It probably would've done you some good when you knew you were buying the car at 100 miles away, to give the local service manager a call and check before you signed on the deal.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:05 PM   #3
sav03cobra
SS Copbait R.I.

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Was the vehicle purchased at a GM/Chevy dealer?

Ask for a Copy of the CPO 172 Point Inspection. If the vehicle was signed off as being GM CPO Compliant with those parts then the there should be nothing else to discuss and they should do you right. However if they give you flak, I would say they fraudulently sold you a vehicle that was marked as a CPO car knowing it had mods and that you are going to take legal action.

THIS CERTIFIED INSPECTION PROCESS IS REQUIRED FOR ALL CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED VEHICLES. ALL 172 INSPECTION POINTS MUST BE COMPLETED.
YES
NO
Is this vehicle still covered by its original
factory warranty?

Owner’s Manual/Warranty Booklet Present

REVIEW THE VEHICLES HISTORY
:
PASS
FAIL
GWM – Investigate Vehicle History Report

Open Recalls

Branded Title

Warranty Block

Vehicle History Report (Check One)

Other____________________________
PASS
FAIL
Check for Vehicle Trouble Codes

YES
NO
6 Is this vehicle free of any aftermarket modifications
like Body/Chassis lift kits, engine performance chips?
Certain modifications may cause the vehicle to be ineligible
for Certification. Refer to the Certified Pre-Owned
Operations Manual.
Acceptable Aftermarket Items:

PASS
FAIL
Is this vehicle a good candidate to be Certified?

Pass / Yes
checked boxes, continue with Inspection process.
Fail / No
checked boxes, notify Certified Pre-Owned Manager
and discontinue the Inspection process
sav03cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:11 PM   #4
Kenshinx23

Drives: 2016 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
See the local service manager, and if he says he's not gonna touch it, you can either sell the car, take off the Mods and replace them with factory stock units, which are probably for sale here, Or go back to the selling dealer for the warranty work. This is a decision that is completely up to the dealer himself. It probably would've done you some good when you knew you were buying the car at 100 miles away, to give the local service manager a call and check before you signed on the deal.

Yes that would have been smart, just not something i thought i would have to deal with. Aftermarket exhausts and intakes had never given me trouble before on audis i have owned. Live and learn. I will what the selling dealer's service manager says.

Selling the car would probably net me a greater loss in tax alone, then what this car would require in out of pocket work (i think).

Hopefully things work out for the better! I will also talk to a few service managers around here and see if ANY of them are cool with working on my car.

@sav03cobra, yes it was bought at a chevy dealer, and was a gm certified car, and i also purchased the extended warranty through gm. I don't like the attitude of this local dealer, so i am done dealing with them as is. I will what few of the other local dealers around here say.
Kenshinx23 is offline   Reply With Quote