Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-24-2018, 03:20 AM   #1
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Hurst shifter any rattle?

the Hurst I had in my 5th gen rattled. the stock bushings that came with them didnt last long so they made bronze bushings so I went right to the bronze. it would rattle at certain rpms so I replaced it with a TWM. and a A6 weighted knob. Ill be keeping the 1.6lb knob.
I want to know is there any rattle or noise with the Hurst for the 6th gen? Teh TWM in my 5th was oem quality. no rattle no noise. TWM and MGW will not be making them for the 6th gen.
Attached Images

real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 11:43 AM   #2
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
I have not noticed any difference in noise with the Hurst shifter with stock knob compared to the factory SS shifter. I was concerned about this.

As I get more seat time with the new setup, I’ll report back, but as of now I’d say rattle or any increase in NVH is a non-issue.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote