Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-12-2018, 04:09 PM   #1
Tiesto996tt

Drives: Chevy Camaro 1LT 2.0 T
New Owner 2018 Camaro 2.0T-Any Mods Available ?

Hello Forum Friends,
Coming from German cars all my life, this is my first American Made car.
Just picked up 2018 Cam 2.0T last Friday. Searched couple of forums and all over the net and cant find any Mods available for 2018. I called Injen to see if they have anything for 2018. They told me they only have 2016-2017 Evo7300 intake. They stated that 2018 model have been reprogrammed and will not work (check engine light) and other issues. Even though all the housing is the same,they said 2018 is throwing out codes. They did ask me if I can bring my car in to be their guinea pig, test and possibly sponsor my ride here in SoCal.
I called Borla to see if I can buy catback exhaust for 2018. Again, they said no, only available for 2016-17.
Iam ready to strip my car for mods but nothing is available.
Anyone have any info. of products that you think might work for 2018(intake & exhaust) ?
Thanks in advance.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:20 PM   #2
Papa Smurf
Cobalt SS Owner to Camaro

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro 2.0L Turbo
Great choice on the american chevy camaro. Foreign cars are good and great, dot get me wrong. But there's nothing like an all American vehicle. Although I've never owned a German automobile personally, however I have owned 3 brand new and RAN THEM to the GROUND Chevrolet's. A Cavalier, a Cobalt and now a new camaro. Your going to love your chevy camaro and modding it. I guarantee it. I purchased my camaro mid january 2018 for $21k with 235 miles on it. I had a 07 cobalt ss supercharged that I traded it in for at Chevy Dealer. Had 151k miles on it. 11 years old & 2 accidents. Gave me 3 grand for it. First car i ever owned was my 99 Chevy Cavalier. All my chevys had well over 150k miles on them before I traded them in at my dealership for a brand new one. Germans are reliable vehicles but parts are very expensive expecially BMW and VW. But Chevys are dependable too, handle well, up-to date, and fun for your money worth. Each chevy I traded in for got me a couple Grand towards trade in for a brand new chevy coupe sports car. Out with old in with the new my friend. Mishimoto has Good Performance Products for the Camaro. I'd start there if I was you as a new 6th Generation camaro owner. I plan on installing their Cold Air Intake this summer. Supposedly will increase Noise from the Turbo. Possibly increase horse power and torque. Good luck and happy shopping and Be safe out there.

https://www.mishimoto.com/shop-make-...et-camaro-2-0t

Last edited by Papa Smurf; 03-12-2018 at 04:31 PM.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 04:33 PM   #3
Tiesto996tt

Drives: Chevy Camaro 1LT 2.0 T
Papa Smuf,
Only intake so far I have found is K&N recent release. They claim on 6HP gain, which I feel they are being truthful. Other Intake companies are claiming 20 to 26 hp gain?
Cheers mate.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:36 PM   #4
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Hey guys, welcome to the forums!!
You can check this sticky for upgrade options.
2016+ I4 LTG 2.0L - Aftermarket Performance Mod List

As far as the 2018's go, everything will bolt up just like the 2016-17 models. So if you are going to tune and get all of the actual benefits of your performance parts, you will have no problem using anything currently available. Now, there are some programming differences, so unless you are going to tune the car, you might hold off until more research is done. You should be just fine with cat backs.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 04:43 PM   #5
Papa Smurf

I appreciate the input and advice. Thank you
Old 03-12-2018, 08:57 PM   #6
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf View Post
I appreciate the input and advice. Thank you
Anytime man!
If you got any questions, don't hesitate to ask on this forum. There are some absurdly educated guys here, always willing to help and share knowledge and real world experience. Sometimes you might see a fight or two break out, but thats pretty normal when you have so many guys that are soo passionate about their platform in one spot!! Pretty much why I love this place

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:55 PM   #7
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Anytime man!
If you got any questions, don't hesitate to ask on this forum. There are some absurdly educated guys here, always willing to help and share knowledge and real world experience. Sometimes you might see a fight or two break out, but thats pretty normal when you have so many guys that are soo passionate about their platform in one spot!! Pretty much why I love this place
It's gotten better recently. But well put

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 06:48 AM   #8
Papa Smurf

Its all good. I can understand that. Yah I believe it about the bickering and fights. but debating would make more sense on here. not threats. lol
Old 03-13-2018, 05:41 PM   #9
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiesto996tt View Post
Hello Forum Friends,
Just picked up 2018 Cam 2.0T last Friday. Searched couple of forums and all over the net and cant find any Mods available for 2018. I called Injen to see if they have anything for 2018. They told me they only have 2016-2017 Evo7300 intake. They stated that 2018 model have been reprogrammed and will not work (check engine light) and other issues. Even though all the housing is the same,they said 2018 is throwing out codes. They did ask me if I can bring my car in to be their guinea pig, test and possibly sponsor my ride here in SoCal.
I called Borla to see if I can buy catback exhaust for 2018. Again, they said no, only available for 2016-17.
Anyone have any info. of products that you think might work for 2018(intake & exhaust) ?
Thanks in advance.
Congrats on the purchase. Maybe snap a few pics of the areas you want to mod, so we can compare them to the 16/17 parts that are already out there.

I think it's weird that Injen is saying they're getting a CEL with the 7300. That intake has been a stout performer.

Do you have HP Tuners by chance?? I'd love to take a look at the stock file to see if I can identify any changes made to airflow parameters.
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:52 PM   #10
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Great choice on the american chevy camaro. Foreign cars are good and great, dot get me wrong. But there's nothing like an all American vehicle. Although I've never owned a German automobile personally, however I have owned 3 brand new and RAN THEM to the GROUND Chevrolet's. A Cavalier, a Cobalt and now a new camaro. Your going to love your chevy camaro and modding it. I guarantee it. I purchased my camaro mid january 2018 for $21k with 235 miles on it. I had a 07 cobalt ss supercharged that I traded it in for at Chevy Dealer. Had 151k miles on it. 11 years old & 2 accidents. Gave me 3 grand for it. First car i ever owned was my 99 Chevy Cavalier. All my chevys had well over 150k miles on them before I traded them in at my dealership for a brand new one. Germans are reliable vehicles but parts are very expensive expecially BMW and VW. But Chevys are dependable too, handle well, up-to date, and fun for your money worth. Each chevy I traded in for got me a couple Grand towards trade in for a brand new chevy coupe sports car. Out with old in with the new my friend. Mishimoto has Good Performance Products for the Camaro. I'd start there if I was you as a new 6th Generation camaro owner. I plan on installing their Cold Air Intake this summer. Supposedly will increase Noise from the Turbo. Possibly increase horse power and torque. Good luck and happy shopping and Be safe out there.

https://www.mishimoto.com/shop-make-...et-camaro-2-0t
While I agree that Germans typically cost more to maintain, they typically use better parts and technology. Put it to you this way, the quality difference from driving my 2012 BMW 550i xDrive going to my 2015 Chevy SS Sedan is like going from a brand new Bentley to a 1995 Chevy Corsica. It's that big of a difference. Had I driven the BMW before the Chevy when I bought it, I can promise you I would have bought the BMW. It's the little extras on the BMW that make it worth it. Soft close doors are UHMAZING. If I get out of the car to run into buy a soda when I turn the car back on, all the settings like the heated seats and stuff are just where I left them. I can see the SS being favorably compared to an E39 M5, but the F10 with the N63 just puts it to shame.
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
Old 03-13-2018, 08:38 PM   #11
Papa Smurf

No, I completely feel you dude. Wow, a SS Sedan. Them things are nasty fast but heard horrible on gas. Do you also have to put Premium gas in that thing? The camaro takes 93. About $3 a gallon. Also, I like to say, I apprreciate the feedback. And don't get me wrong, them foreign automakers can make one hell of a collection of great all around vehicles my friend. A BMW has crossed my mind in my late 20's. However, a's a life long all American Chevy owner, I must say, Chevy is more Buyer Friendly but still with todays standard User Functionality and performance/handling at the fraction of the cost...and an all american. Chevrolet May not be on the level of German Engineering, as far as Dependability, Handling, up-to-date Functionality, Performance, and Comfort like a BMW, Porsche, Audi or Mercedes-Benz or any other German Manufacturer but your still getting a great overall quailty, Built in the USA Automobile, just like one ...❄❄❄
Old 03-13-2018, 09:13 PM   #12
Papa Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
Congrats on the purchase. Maybe snap a few pics of the areas you want to mod, so we can compare them to the 16/17 parts that are already out there.

I think it's weird that Injen is saying they're getting a CEL with the 7300. That intake has been a stout performer.

Do you have HP Tuners by chance?? I'd love to take a look at the stock file to see if I can identify any changes made to airflow parameters.
Well, it's interesting because on Injen, they mention you need a special tool to get off the intake to put their's on.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:14 AM   #13
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Well, it's interesting because on Injen, they mention you need a special tool to get off the intake to put their's on.
That applies to all manufacturers. The trick is to buy the $25 2016MY hose.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:08 AM   #14
Ian@Borla

Drives: Borla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiesto996tt View Post
Hello Forum Friends,
Thanks in advance.
Hello! We have actually confirmed fitment of our current systems for the 2018 2.0L Turbo Camaros. Thank you!
Ian@Borla is offline   Reply With Quote