Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

AWE Tuning

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite Ask Al Question
A8 Transmission Shudder 136 77.71%
Hugger Orange, Orange Crush 10 5.71%
ZL1 1LE Nurburgring Chassis Settings 29 16.57%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2018, 10:59 AM   #29
HartfordRacingCaptain

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS, 2023 Colorado Z71
Lest we forget... see bolded:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Prior to kicking this off with the 1st question answered...

a note from The Chief.

To the Camaro Nation - Before we begin this new way of being another step closer to our Camaro family, I wanted to take an opportunity to say a few words, personally. As many of you know, since the first days back in 2008, this team has always made an effort to be part of as many Camaro gatherings as possible. Obviously, we cannot make every event, but I would say we have met thousands of you over the years, all the way back to Valdosta! I take great pride in the fact that my team has given up vacation, weekends, and personal time because of their passion for the Camaro, and the desire to meet with you to find out what you like about the car, and, more importantly, what you don’t like about the car. Many of you know them by name, and most of you have given us the great honor of signing your cars and posing for pictures with you. We are the lucky custodians of the Camaro for these generations, not only because we are the men and women who listen to our customers wants and needs for the car, but we get to design, engineer, and build your dreams. It is very satisfying when we get to interact with you in person to see that we have met your expectations. I personally love when you walk us over to your Camaro, and show us what you have done with our creation to personalize it to your liking, many of you ‘naming your baby’. That is the moment when we have connected with you, and you with us, on a personal family level. However, I think where this Camaro team rises above is when you tell us your Camaro experience is not meeting your expectations, ranging from the dealer experience to service to ‘something doesn’t work’. This is why we decided to create an “As Al” forum. Since we can’t meet with everyone personally, we decided to provide a forum where you can ask us the most frequent questions as a group, and we will provide the answers that may reach many of you we can’t talk with one on one. While the title of the forum is ‘Ask Al”, rest assured your answers will be formed by the best team in the automotive business. There are no individuals on the Camaro team, but rather one body of many passionate Camaro people. We are excited to begin this new chapter, and hopefully grow the bond with our entire Camaro family I proudly call “Camaro Nation”. As I always say (and no it does not always mean that something new is coming, Mike Lee, it just means that I love my job and want to say it at that moment), “It’s a Great Day in Camaroland!” I look forward hearing the first question.

HartfordRacingCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:36 AM   #30
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HartfordRacingCaptain View Post
Lest we forget... see bolded:
Yes, been highlighted before... I think we're doing pretty good in that area.

POLL IS CLOSED
Old 03-01-2018, 04:58 PM   #31
CruzySS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
This isn’t a warranty question since it has been covered satisfactorily by Chevy. It’s a question of product performance and confidence. There was obviously a product performance issue that we, as technically oriented enthusiasts, would like to understand.

You were all in on requesting a “fix” for M6 ZL1 bog (product performance) so you could turn a ZL1 1LE into a NHRA drag racer. Now you sound sour because you didn’t get the answer you hoped for.
What he said
CruzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:20 PM   #32
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Yes, been highlighted before... I think we're doing pretty good in that area.

POLL IS CLOSED
@mlee, pardon me if I'm being pushy, but has this been asked yet? I am very expectant about the answer.

On a related note, thanks a lot for your efforts. It's great to have this opportunity to gain insight from the chief designer.

Last edited by arpad_m; 03-09-2018 at 09:10 PM. Reason: typo
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 12:49 PM   #33
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
@mlee, pardon me if I'm being pushy, but has this been asked yet? I am very expectant about the answer.

On a related not, thanks a lot for your efforts. It's great to have this opportunity to gain insight from the chief designer.
It was asked the day before the poll closed. I'll ping them again on Monday

Time to get some questions together for the next poll...

Bump the ones you guys want or start asking. It's getting pretty thin.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:38 PM   #34
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
It was asked the day before the poll closed. I'll ping them again on Monday

Time to get some questions together for the next poll...

Bump the ones you guys want or start asking. It's getting pretty thin.
Just some ideas off the top of my head:

—Question related to LT1/LT4 Engine break-in: What is done between final assembly—>delivery. Are the rings seated by the time Cars hit dealers lots? Oil change for break-in (different times listed in different manuals etc).

—How the newly offered GMPP upgrades will effect warranty (long tube headers for example, CAI, Tune etc).

—Any ZL1 specific mag ride software updates coming?
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 01:55 PM   #35
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post

—Question related to LT1/LT4 Engine break-in: What is done between final assembly—>delivery. Are the rings seated by the time Cars hit dealers lots? Oil change for break-in (different times listed in different manuals etc).

—How the newly offered GMPP upgrades will effect warranty (long tube headers for example, CAI, Tune etc).

All good ones. I especially like #2 as it may bring out some additional "feelings" from the team.

Needs some threads on these with detailed question.
Old 03-09-2018, 02:02 PM   #36
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Quote:

+1

Great questions.
Old 03-09-2018, 02:03 PM   #37
Retro69

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
All good ones. I especially like #2 as it may bring out some additional "feelings" from the team.

^^^^ These

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Retro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:04 PM   #38
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Bump the threads of the topics you're interested in - the activity, and recent posts are primary indicators for us to pick topics.
Old 03-09-2018, 04:55 PM   #39
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

Excellent. #1 and #2 are both very interesting to me

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:59 PM   #40
CruzySS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Excellent. #1 and #2 are both very interesting to me
I like both them questions also
CruzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 08:55 PM   #41
JeffFox

Drives: 2018 2SS Coupe A8
Quote:

Number 2 for me please!
JeffFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:50 PM   #42
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
With this question and the last one I'm not really learning anything about the Camaro. These are just turning into "why doesn't my car work the way I want it to" and getting a long response explaining why you're SOL.

Manual ZL1 launches are restricted to protect the clutch from 650 lb-ft of torque. The A8 shudders in everything and will continue to operate that way until the A10 comes in. They're not going to say "oh wow we screwed up here's some money back"
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote