#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 01-11-2018, 10:47 PM   #1
1LE801
"Lohla"

Drives: 2016 1SS A8 :"Lohla"
DSE coilovers, BMRs goodies and CF Trunk Lid

Hey Camaro6! Lohla got a whole new set-up this week at JDP Motorsports. I'm happy to report the new stance looks aggressive and the Anderson Composites trunk compliments the hood nicely.

Follow the build on YouTube if you'd be so kind. Thanks for the support Camaro6!

WATCH VIDEO HERE

Jared
Old 01-12-2018, 04:23 AM   #2
V8SS

Drives: 2017 M6 NFG
Those are nice coilovers. Are they available for purchase? Their website doesn’t have a 6th gen section.
V8SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:04 AM   #3
EMTNLSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8SS View Post
Those are nice coilovers. Are they available for purchase? Their website doesn’t have a 6th gen section.
http://www.jdpmotorsports.com/manufa...sion/coilovers Yea they are here but they aren't cheap.

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:
EMTNLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:28 PM   #4
HyperspaceTurd

Drives: 17 1SS 6MT, 09 Tacoma TRD Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTNLSS View Post
http://www.jdpmotorsports.com/manufa...sion/coilovers Yea they are here but they aren't cheap.
LOL Wow. No thanks.
HyperspaceTurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:03 PM   #5
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Damn I know Detroit Speed makes good stuff but wow you could get the ZL1 1LE DSSVs for about the same price...
Old 01-12-2018, 05:40 PM   #6
1LE801
"Lohla"

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8SS View Post
I bought them under the assumption that they are as good as it gets. I love them. I got them from JDP Motorsports. Click the link below to see them for the 6th gen. Let me know if I can help. Tell JDP that Jared and RedRacer Video sent you!

JDP DSE Coilovers
Old 01-12-2018, 05:42 PM   #7
1LE801
"Lohla"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
Damn I know Detroit Speed makes good stuff but wow you could get the ZL1 1LE DSSVs for about the same price...
DSE for me. JDP has run the DSE/JRI stuff under very very tough conditions with nothing but excellent results. JDP has a ZL1/1LE in the shop right now. The owner yanked the stock shocks/struts. JDP is versed. I typically go with what they say. I asked about the 1LE stuff and Jordan said we wanna run these. I just agree and move on LOL.

Last edited by 1LE801; 01-12-2018 at 05:56 PM.
1LE801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:43 PM   #8
1LE801
"Lohla"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperspaceTurd View Post
LOL Wow. No thanks.
They aren't for everyone, thats for sure. You've gotta be pretty serious about max effort performance to go quite this crazy.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:17 PM   #9
glenB

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
There's not much info on JDPs site, hoe is the coilover bar mounted and is it required. Have any pics of them installed. Your vid really doesn't show much.
glenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:31 AM   #10
1LE801
"Lohla"

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenB View Post
There's not much info on JDPs site, hoe is the coilover bar mounted and is it required. Have any pics of them installed. Your vid really doesn't show much.
You need to run the rear tower bar. The coilovers mount differently than the OE rear shocks did. I'll have a video up on my channel shortly. I'll be out driving this weekend to get a feel for things and i'll shoot a review and first impression video. CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel. It would be greatly appreciated. I'll be sure to show how they adjust and how the bracing works and everything. Thanks for pointing out the things i missed in the install announcement video.

Jared
Old 01-13-2018, 09:35 AM   #11
glenB

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE801 View Post
You need to run the rear tower bar. The coilovers mount differently than the OE rear shocks did. I'll have a video up on my channel shortly. I'll be out driving this weekend to get a feel for things and i'll shoot a review and first impression video. CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel. It would be greatly appreciated. I'll be sure to show how they adjust and how the bracing works and everything. Thanks for pointing out the things i missed in the install announcement video.

Jared
Already be a subscriber, got the pin and everything so when it comes out I'll see it.

They be expensive so I'm really looking forward to hearing your review and the adjustability of the settings, not concerned so much the ride height. Be sure to mention which set you have, single or double adjustable and what the spring rates are, if they wanna give up the info.

I have the GM lowering springs and struts/shocks and feel the rear could use more control. Otherwise I like them. The spring rates are good for street use and really don't need more.

So get busy......... thx
glenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:23 AM   #12
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Price seems fine to me.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:11 PM   #13
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
Price seems fine to me.
I was thinking the EXACT same. Its DSE, not an entry or midlevel coilover system.

Most wont have a need for this level of suspension, but its like any other mod.. and these should be considered an investment and not just a Fly by Night Part

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:34 PM   #14
HyperspaceTurd

Drives: 17 1SS 6MT, 09 Tacoma TRD Sport
I guess I'm used to buying parts for rice-burners. Motons/Ohlins/AST top shelf stuff used to be around 1K per corner max. Decent ground-control/koni combos could be built for 2K for something like a WRX or EVO or 240sx.

Oh well, that's what I get for buying a real car.

Can spring rates be easily changed? What are the spring rates? Camber plates included up front? Why the spring geometry change in the rear? You guys piqued my interest LOL
HyperspaceTurd is offline   Reply With Quote