#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-17-2017, 12:21 PM   #1
TEX1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE - Blue
Broken Moreno Motorsports Camber Plate

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510624

This is carried over from the 1LE section. The link is to the original thread and initially I thought it was only the passenger side. I took my drivers side strut out last night and it was cracked in three places. The pics attached are of the drivers side.

Just to reiterate MMS has been very helpful and responded quickly to the issue and they're going to begin testing to isolate/correct the issue.
Attached Images

TEX1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 01:38 PM   #2
rotis

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Wow, that flange is really thin. It doesn’t see any less vertical load than the plate it is bolted to, which appears to be nearly 3x the thickness.
rotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 04:01 PM   #3
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
OK, now I"m a little scared with this 2 day track event I have coming up in 1.5 weeks. It's already paid for and you can't just take these off because of the modification to the spring seat that had to be done. I'm going to check mine when I get home. I only have one (single day) event on them which was only 3 sessions on a smallish track. Can you see this from below the car without removing it?
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 02:37 PM   #4
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
Any updates? Looking for more camber then base 1LE will allow. -3 camber with R7 is what I like to achieve. Or is there some alternate means to get there?

THANKS!
NickyRacerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 02:51 PM   #5
nasbagoat

Drives: 17 SW 1LE
Last I read MMS modified the design and had sent a new set to Text1LE, I don't think he had gotten them yet.
nasbagoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 03:13 PM   #6
NickyRacerBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasbagoat View Post
Last I read MMS modified the design and had sent a new set to Text1LE, I don't think he had gotten them yet.
:happy 0180:
Old 11-28-2017, 05:54 PM   #7
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
another one! in my dj khaled voice lol
Old 11-28-2017, 06:12 PM   #8
Provoste

Drives: E46 S54 race car, 964C2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyRacerBoy View Post
Any updates? Looking for more camber then base 1LE will allow. -3 camber with R7 is what I like to achieve. Or is there some alternate means to get there?

THANKS!
Elongate OEM camber adjustment slotted upper hole on the lower strut mount, then grind outer ridge on strut. Voila- -3 up front. Takes 30-45 min, I used a carbide bit. You don’t need to remove much material.
Provoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 06:33 PM   #9
NickyRacerBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Provoste View Post
Elongate OEM camber adjustment slotted upper hole on the lower strut mount, then grind outer ridge on strut. Voila- -3 up front. Takes 30-45 min, I used a carbide bit. You don’t need to remove much material.

Old 11-30-2017, 09:07 AM   #10
TEX1LE

Update: I've received the new designed flange for the mid-plate assembly and it looks great and a lot beefier than the previous one, it looks like the thickness has doubled or maybe a little more. I have a track day this weekend and I'll provide an update afterwards and also post a pic of the new flange when I get a chance.

Thanks again to Justin for the quick turnaround time on the new part. Moreno Motorsports has been great to work with and I look forward to purchasing more products in the future.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:00 AM   #11
TEX1LE

New design
Attached Images

Old 11-30-2017, 03:37 PM   #12
Mjollnir

Drives: 2017 1LS White
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX1LE View Post
Update: I've received the new designed flange for the mid-plate assembly and it looks great and a lot beefier than the previous one, it looks like the thickness has doubled or maybe a little more. I have a track day this weekend and I'll provide an update afterwards and also post a pic of the new flange when I get a chance.

Thanks again to Justin for the quick turnaround time on the new part. Moreno Motorsports has been great to work with and I look forward to purchasing more products in the future.
I want to click "Buy now" but I'll hold off till your next post. Glad to see Moreno
Motorsports sticking by their product and customers.
Mjollnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 04:04 PM   #13
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:

Quote:
New design
awesome!!! I'm hoping the new design is just a simple swap out of the old plate. or is it a entirely new plate design?

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 05:50 PM   #14
TEX1LE

It’s a quick fix you only have to swap out the bottom piece on the pic I posted. If you look at the pics I posted previously the piece that’s cracked is the only revision to the design.