Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 04-22-2018, 10:07 AM   #15
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
I’ve got the magnaflow American thunders as an axle back. I guess I would replace it with the X-pipe, non resonated. I don’t like what you posted about it cracking but if it doesn’t change anything, id rather just wait till I have an issue. I can’t imaine the difference would be night and day. I did straight through on my 2013 and I felt it to be raspy at high RPM’s even with an axle back.

those are the bullet round mufflers flowmaster now sells. you'd prob pick up something slightly you didn't like to be honest.

the cracking part... minimal. not really anything to cry about...like if I really really was irked by it, and wanted to keep it. a quick weld would have solved anything about it. it was just kinda a "oh check this, well summmb*tch" moment after removing it.

going from anything muffled/resonated to non... always gonna add more sound/noise. that's why I used the 6 inch round mufflers and the 18 inch, instead of the 14 inch long and 5 inch round mufflers used by MagnaFlow in their axlebacks... more sound absorption.

I was taught on a tune the sound by the exhaust, but increase loudness by making an engine more powerful. I've never gone with the loud car = more power myth. ive seen too many cars that are the loudest at the track run 12's and the stock sounding cars running 11's and 10's. and that's from Camaros.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:12 AM   #16
Wierd Harold

Drives: 2017 2lt rs
Yes you can see where the weld is cracked around the nipple.Thanks for the info.
Wierd Harold is offline   Reply With Quote