Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-19-2018, 06:11 PM   #1
CamaroCasper

Drives: 17' Summit White 1LT NPP RS M6
California Tune/ Performance shops for LGX

Wassup peeps. I’m based in California and own a LGX Camaro. Was wondering if there are any credited and recommended shops out here that work with theses cars and engines. Looking to upgrade quite a few things from brakes to suspension possibly rear end to power train all the way to forced induction and tuneing. I got a m6 thinking about a overkill supercharger. Trying to figure out a nice build sheet for the track and spirted mountain driving. Anyone got figures on how much a nice build on these cars would be. I’m guessing around $10-15 grand roughly depending on cosmetic appeal. Thanks in advance. Love these forums so much information for people that haven’t grown up in the car scene and are trying to break in. Deuces
CamaroCasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:06 AM   #2
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Cunningham motorsports seems to be the place to go.

Your build will depend on what route you go. N/a, suspension, boost etc. Theres plenty of builds posted. But im sure we are all at different price levels and most all of us use the cars for different things.

Im at 1/3 of your high end price, and do what you stated you want your build to do in n/a form. These cars have more than enough power for track and mountain driving.

My suggestion so you dont go out buying everything someone else would want to buy on their car that you dont really need on yours. Actually take it to the track or mountains. When you find a lacking area build that area up.

Too many times on forums, people who dont have a plan ask "what do i need to buy?" and you get 500 do this or that, and in the end you get a guy/gal with a car thats overbuilt for something minor in task.

Theres plenty options. But id suggest buying what you need. if you plan to track the car youll be spending more on consumables.. tires, pads, etc..

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:31 PM   #3
CamaroCasper

Drives: 17' Summit White 1LT NPP RS M6
@polynesianpowerhouse yeah, I definitely hear you brother. I want it for the track, but I’m craving ss power. We’ll see what actually happens, but I’m kinda thinking about upgrading the car so if it ever takes a shit on me all I gotta do is dump in a v8. What I wanna do is get a track baseline or a feel on curvy roads and then add mods like an exhaust/cai/ and a throttlebody and tune and see how much it affects the car. I always loved how boosted cars sounded, so the overkill s/c is a thought in my mind if I really want to hit the ss power I’m sure. But I’m kind of looking to have a boosted up car that hits the curves well (long term)
CamaroCasper is offline   Reply With Quote