Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-15-2018, 11:06 AM   #1
chross12

Drives: 2016 ss whipple,rotofab,A8,magride
high rpm spitting and sputering

I have little to no knowledge on tuning. My question to the forum is with a whipple on a 2016 2ss with an a8.. I had a relative new shop
in the area go over the tune on their chassis dyno. The kid said the way he learned was to take out the knock issues that the factory whipple tune had. I recently purchased a set of toyo proxies R888R and traction improved greatly but at high rpm is still knocks and only in high gears? when we tuned it initally we had a issue with tires slipping at high RPM. Im wondering if it needs a professional tune or if its just running out of fuel? Thanks in advance
chross12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:38 PM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chross12 View Post
I have little to no knowledge on tuning. My question to the forum is with a whipple on a 2016 2ss with an a8.. I had a relative new shop
in the area go over the tune on their chassis dyno. The kid said the way he learned was to take out the knock issues that the factory whipple tune had. I recently purchased a set of toyo proxies R888R and traction improved greatly but at high rpm is still knocks and only in high gears? when we tuned it initally we had a issue with tires slipping at high RPM. Im wondering if it needs a professional tune or if its just running out of fuel? Thanks in advance
The Whipple tune should not have any knock issues as it is tuned conservatively for 91 octane and you have 93 octane.

If you need professional tuning help you can email me tedj@jannettyracing.com for a remote tuning solution, or go visit Redline Motorsports, 1861 N. Powerline Road Pompano Beach, Florida 33069
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:37 PM   #3
chris12
The "Thing"

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss,Whipple,R888R,A8
Thank you very much Ted. Would I need to go to a dyno shop locally to have the remote tuning done? I am not that affluent in the world of tuning.
chris12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:10 PM   #4
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris12 View Post
Thank you very much Ted. Would I need to go to a dyno shop locally to have the remote tuning done? I am not that affluent in the world of tuning.
No sir you collect data logs with a lap top and send them to me via email I revise the tune and send it and repeat.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote