Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Phastek Performance

Old 12-29-2022, 10:41 AM   #1
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Cool DamonZ28's 2020 Riverside Blue Camaro 2SS

I've enjoyed reading through some of the journals here, so I thought I'd create one of my own. I bought my first Camaro, a 1994 Z28 with 16,600 miles, in the summer of 1995. After running it up to over 195,000 miles, I was ready for something newer. I started looking at 6th gens in the spring of 2022, after getting a ride in my friend's 2016 Camaro 2SS. Through various circumstances, I was not ready to buy until November of 2022. I wanted a 2019-2020 2SS in Riverside Blue, with A10, NPP, and magnetic ride. I was willing to go anywhere in the country to buy, as those options are pretty rare for sale. By luck of the draw, I found one in my home state of Wisconsin, about 2.5 hours away. I contacted the dealer to see if it was still available. I also contacted my friend's salesguy, who worked for the same dealership but at a different location. After some initial text messages about the car, the salesguy called and said someone was at the original dealership, buying the car. However, the next morning, the original dealership called and asked if I was still interested in buying the car. The original dealership was holding the car for me! So I called my salesguy back, he had the car transferred to his location (a little closer to me), and I picked it up the day before Thanksgiving 2022!
Attached Images

RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 10:49 AM   #2
DamonZ28

My first appearance modification was smoked side marker lights. I purchased some cheap $40 led lights off Amazon. They installed fairly easily, and look great IMO. https://a.co/d/j9TOjcb
Attached Images

RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
Old 12-29-2022, 10:53 AM   #3
DamonZ28

The next appearance modification was a dark gray SS logo on the rear bumper. In hindsight, I wish I would have left the stock SS logo, and would have replaced the red "insert" with a blue vinyl overlay. I will be installing a blue vinyl overlay on the SS logo on the front bumper, when the weather warms up.
Attached Images

My Camaro Journal
Old 12-29-2022, 11:10 AM   #4
DamonZ28

I've installed Weathertech floor mats for the front and rear seats. The only floormat that came with the car was the driver's side. Fitment is perfect & they aren't slippery as I feared they might be. These are highly recommended. I was planning to put one in the trunk, but ended up installing an amp and sub box, which are using the carpet & velcro to hold them in place, so I won't be able to use one in the trunk without coming up with another option to lock down the sub & amp.
Attached Images

My Camaro Journal
Old 12-29-2022, 12:29 PM   #5
DamonZ28

Next planned appearance modifications, when the weather warms up in the spring:

- Black door handles
- Blue SS vinyl overlay on the front bumper
- Black/dark gray front fender vinyl hash marks

My Camaro Journal
Old 12-29-2022, 01:05 PM   #6
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonZ28 View Post
Next planned appearance modifications, when the weather warms up in the spring:

- Black door handles
- Blue SS vinyl overlay on the front bumper
- Black/dark gray front fender vinyl hash marks
Looks great, if you want to continue your "smoked out" theme, grab a set of these smoked rear reflectors to replace the red ones, I put them on my 2020 SS and love the look...

https://www.phastekperformance.com/h...6-2021-camaro/

Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 01:13 PM   #7
DamonZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
Looks great, if you want to continue your "smoked out" theme, grab a set of these smoked rear reflectors to replace the red ones, I put them on my 2020 SS and love the look...
I actually bought a set when they were on sale around Thanksgiving time. I didn't put them on the list, because I didn't realize that you have to remove the rear bumper to install them. However, I'm also very interested in the Umbra tail lights, so I may hold off on installing these, until I get a set of the tail lights as well. I haven't decided for sure yet. More than likely, I'll just bite the bullet and do it, since I already have them.

My Camaro Journal
Old 12-29-2022, 01:29 PM   #8
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
I actually bought a set when they were on sale around Thanksgiving time. I didn't put them on the list, because I didn't realize that you have to remove the rear bumper to install them. However, I'm also very interested in the Umbra tail lights, so I may hold off on installing these, until I get a set of the tail lights as well. I haven't decided for sure yet. More than likely, I'll just bite the bullet and do it, since I already have them.
You don't have to remove the rear bumper to install the reflectors, you just need to reach up over the exhaust pipes and there is one screw in each reflector. I laid on my back and was able to reach around the pipes and get to the screw... It was a pain in the butt but I got it done in about 20 minutes or so...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
Old 12-29-2022, 02:17 PM   #9
DamonZ28

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
You don't have to remove the rear bumper to install the reflectors, you just need to reach up over the exhaust pipes and there is one screw in each reflector. I laid on my back and was able to reach around the pipes and get to the screw... It was a pain in the butt but I got it done in about 20 minutes or so...
Now THAT is good news!! I wondered about it, but hadn't looked yet. I'll have to give that a shot one of these days, now that the arctic freeze is over and the temp in the garage will be somewhat tolerable.

My Camaro Journal
Old 12-29-2022, 02:36 PM   #10
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
Now THAT is good news!! I wondered about it, but hadn't looked yet. I'll have to give that a shot one of these days, now that the arctic freeze is over and the temp in the garage will be somewhat tolerable.
It won't get done without some cussing but it can be done without bumper removal (You can see in my picture, I had one changed and one was still red, bumper is on the car)

Old 12-29-2022, 06:33 PM   #11
BDay33

Drives: '23 2SS 1LE - Rapid Blue
Great looking ride! A good friend of mine, and I think he's on here at times...he has a Riverside Blue SS 1LE. He's the one that convinced me to get mine. If Rapid Blue wasn't available, Riverside would have been my go-to.

Looking forward to reading about your journey over the life of this car!

1100 Order Placed at Dealership - 10/17/22
Found another in transit - placed deposit and cancelled existing order - 10/26/22
Picked up - 11/5/22
BDay33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 08:02 PM   #12
DamonZ28

Here is the sub and amp that I installed in the trunk. Here's everything installed to make it work with the Bose system:

- Sub Thump Camaro With BOSE Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit
- JL Audio LoC-22 line out converter (installed in jack area)
- Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D 1200W Monoblock Amplifier (from my 1994 Camaro)
- RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Subwoofer (from 1994 Camaro)
- Home made sub enclosure (appropriately sized using a sub box enclosure calculator)
- Other assorted wiring & fuses for all battery connections
Attached Images

My Camaro Journal
Old 12-29-2022, 08:05 PM   #13
DamonZ28

Installed ring terminal connectors for battery charger connection. Can disconnect, cap off, and use charger for boat & other car batteries as needed. Trunk can be closed over this wire without pinching or crimping it.
Attached Images

My Camaro Journal
Old 12-29-2022, 08:13 PM   #14
DamonZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDay33 View Post
Looking forward to reading about your journey over the life of this car!
Thanks! It was your post that inspired me to start my own post.

My Camaro Journal