Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-14-2022, 05:54 AM   #1
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
GM questionnaire

I recieved an email questionnaire from GM about buying an EV. Deleted it and then got another one two days later. Decided to end this by completing the questionnaire. First question answer 1-10, would you buy an EV? I answered 1, questionnaire immediately closed and never recieved another one. Guess they didn't like my answer.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 06:29 AM   #2
Invertalon

Drives: 2021 2SS
Yep, I received and did it a few weeks ago. I'm not as close minded with EV's though, so I was able to complete the survey.

Pretty soon, that is all we will have for the most part, so offering constructive criticism now will only better the vehicles options we do have later on when there will be no NA V8's any longer.
Invertalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 07:23 AM   #3
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invertalon View Post
Yep, I received and did it a few weeks ago. I'm not as close minded with EV's though, so I was able to complete the survey.

Pretty soon, that is all we will have for the most part, so offering constructive criticism now will only better the vehicles options we do have later on when there will be no NA V8's any longer.
That's a very intelligent way of approaching it. I keep trying to tell people the same thing all the time. I'd rather be ahead of it and helping to guide the advent of electric vehicles in a way that I may find appealing, rather than shaking my fist at it while yelling about it getting off my lawn. Change is inevitable.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 07:34 AM   #4
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invertalon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post
That's a very intelligent way of approaching it. I keep trying to tell people the same thing all the time. I'd rather be ahead of it and helping to guide the advent of electric vehicles in a way that I may find appealing, rather than shaking my fist at it while yelling about it getting off my lawn. Change is inevitable.
To play devils advocate: by answering the survey with a positive outlook towards EVs, you’ve told GM that it’s ok to replace ICE sports cars with EVs… I don’t blame @Smokin19 for answering the way he did. They need to hear how we actually feel, not the PC version. Just my old man 2 cents.
Old 06-14-2022, 07:38 AM   #5
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
To play devils advocate: by answering the survey with a positive outlook towards EVs, you’ve told GM that it’s ok to replace ICE sports cars with EVs… I don’t blame @Smokin19 for answering the way he did. They need to hear how we actually feel, not the PC version. Just my old man 2 cents.
I'm confident that if you gave car enthusiasts their way, we'd have larger and larger displacement engines and enough boost to make a Vin Diesel blush. I don't think anyone that is a car enthusiast legitimately wants EV's to take over ICE vehicles but, that's the way things are going at the moment. But we make up an incredibly small segment of the market. The masses that buy regular traffic will help usher in this change--I just hope they still handle well and feel dynamic; albeit without the fun noises.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 12:02 PM   #6
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post
I'm confident that if you gave car enthusiasts their way, we'd have larger and larger displacement engines and enough boost to make a Vin Diesel blush. I don't think anyone that is a car enthusiast legitimately wants EV's to take over ICE vehicles but, that's the way things are going at the moment. But we make up an incredibly small segment of the market. The masses that buy regular traffic will help usher in this change--I just hope they still handle well and feel dynamic; albeit without the fun noises.
Old 06-14-2022, 12:16 PM   #7
Palutz
Banned

Drives: 22 ZLE M6
GM doesn’t care what anyone thinks so it’s a waste of time filling out surveys. Companies have become woke in every sense of the word.
Palutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 01:22 PM   #8
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i consider myself a car lover but i wont bankrupt myself to drive.have discovered that our 2018 honda civic is actually pretty damn good for everything but drag racing and i averaged 42 mpg on the last tank.gas would have to be real high to make it worth buying an EV at this point.i would be lucky to live long enough to make my money back,even if nothing ever had to be replaced.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 01:24 PM   #9
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
I recieved an email questionnaire from GM about buying an EV. Deleted it and then got another one two days later. Decided to end this by completing the questionnaire. First question answer 1-10, would you buy an EV? I answered 1, questionnaire immediately closed and never recieved another one. Guess they didn't like my answer.

I never get anything cool like that.

I so want to go off on them, but never get the chance.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 01:25 PM   #10
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
GM gas become a bunch of bitches who don't listen to the customers and as soon as they realize you don't want EV shit shoved down your throat they bail on the survey. It's about as much sense as not advertising the Camaro, but someone will defend it I'm sure.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 01:29 PM   #11
TexasRed5.9

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
I don't know about ever being enthusiastic about an EV, but I did find myself actually enjoying an econo car a couple of weeks ago. I missed my first flight on a long leg to South America so I was forced to get a rental to make it to Dallas in time. The cheapest thing they had was a Chevy Bolt, so for $85 I was down. I was completely surprised by how well it drove and the fact that it only took 6 gallons to fill it up after 3 hours of driving. First I get bifocals, now I'm considering an econo ride as a get around mobile. I swear if I start wearing knee high socks and loafers I'm just going to end it.
Old 06-14-2022, 02:21 PM   #12
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
GM (Camaro in particular) hasn't cared about it's customers wants or needs for quite a few years now. We see this in their lack of promoting this vehicle. Understand we are a niche market but, they signaled they really don't care what we think, so why now do they want my input. And just like some woke company if you don't agree, we banish you and your opinion. This country is in the beginning stages of a change concerning EV's that will take decades. Now more than ever do you really think people are going to trade and buy new EV's. And we haven't even talked infrastructure.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 02:34 PM   #13
TexasRed5.9

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
GM (Camaro in particular) hasn't cared about it's customers wants or needs for quite a few years now. We see this in their lack of promoting this vehicle. Understand we are a niche market but, they signaled they really don't care what we think, so why now do they want my input. And just like some woke company if you don't agree, we banish you and your opinion. This country is in the beginning stages of a change concerning EV's that will take decades. Now more than ever do you really think people are going to trade and buy new EV's. And we haven't even talked infrastructure.
You aren't joking about the lack of promotion. I had been hoping for a stripped down Camaro for years with a V8, suspension, and good brakes much like the old Firebird Formulas I used to have in the way back. I had no clue the LT1 even existed until I did a search on Autotrader. I selected V8 just to see what would pop up and saw LT1, thought it was an error and had to look it up. Complete failure on the part of the GM advertising department.
Old 06-14-2022, 04:31 PM   #14
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRed5.9 View Post
I don't know about ever being enthusiastic about an EV, but I did find myself actually enjoying an econo car a couple of weeks ago. I missed my first flight on a long leg to South America so I was forced to get a rental to make it to Dallas in time. The cheapest thing they had was a Chevy Bolt, so for $85 I was down. I was completely surprised by how well it drove and the fact that it only took 6 gallons to fill it up after 3 hours of driving. First I get bifocals, now I'm considering an econo ride as a get around mobile. I swear if I start wearing knee high socks and loafers I'm just going to end it.
actually in around town driving our honda civic is almost sports car like,and it will haul 5 people somewhat comfortably.its not a drag racer by any means but with gas at 5 bucks a gallon the camaro sits in the garage a lot more than id like to admit.you should try progressive lenses and sandals...youll thank me later
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote