Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-07-2019, 06:21 AM   #1
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Raising the spoiler

Might have been mentioned already, just not sure. Does anybody here do 3d printing? Was wondering if it is possible to make extensions of the mounts for the spoiler or even feasible. Not interested in going the 1LE rout for a spoiler but, maybe raising the stock one about 2". The extensions would go on top of the existing due to the configuration on the deck lid. Ideally new one piece mounts 2" taller would be better. Not even sure it would look right, just thinking if it's possible. Can anyone photoshop this?
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 07:09 AM   #2
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Not a bad idea, would like to see this myself.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 11:42 AM   #3
Rlhay2

Drives: 2017 ZL1
If done right, I'd purchase some too!
Rlhay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:50 PM   #4
ssmofo

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Why? Honda has a car built just for you.
ssmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:24 PM   #5
GreatWhiteLT

Drives: 2016 Silver Ice Metallic SS
Not sure why Honda has anything to do with this? He's not interested in slapping a pep boys spoiler on the car and slamming it to the ground. To OP, what do you mean by going on top of the existing extensions? I thought the spoiler was bolted down to those small extensions. I could be very wrong I have never taken off my spoiler, but I would be interested to see what this would look like as well!
GreatWhiteLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:35 PM   #6
Flsupraguy

Drives: Gt3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmofo View Post
Why? Honda has a car built just for you.
Some people actually track their cars instead of trying to impress their sister at the drag strip.
Flsupraguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 07:22 AM   #7
Smokin19

Not everyone wants the 1LE wing because of the height. And NO I am not trying to turn my ZL/1 in to a Honda.
Adding an extension to the original mounts is probably not what I want to do. Just a taller mount would have a cleaner look. Any vendors out there able to do this? Here is a video link to what the mounts look like before install.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Old 11-08-2019, 07:26 AM   #8
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
Not everyone wants the 1LE wing because of the height. And NO I am not trying to turn my ZL/1 in to a Honda.
Adding an extension to the original mounts is probably not what I want to do. Just a taller mount would have a cleaner look. Any vendors out there able to do this? Here is a video link to what the mounts look like before install.
I'm curious what it would look like. nothing crazy, just maybe an inch or 2. It could be sinister or clown, who knows

I still have my old SS wing (I replaced it with a zl1 wing as well). I know the holes line up, but I'm wondering if the stock riser footprints are close enough between the ss and the zl1 for both to use the same extensions if they are made
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 07:42 AM   #9
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
I guess us ZLE guys should've bought a Honda Civic Type R.
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:40 AM   #10
Oddspyke

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro ZL1 convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I guess us ZLE guys should've bought a Honda Civic Type R.
It has at least 4x the winglets!!! Plus all those "cooling vents" (actually non-functional, solid black plastic). How could you not want one?
Oddspyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:43 AM   #11
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddspyke View Post
It has at least 4x the winglets!!! Plus all those "cooling vents" (actually non-functional, solid black plastic). How could you not want one?
My selling point was how you can launch the car without your hands on the steering wheel and you get absolutely 0 torque steer.

Yes, they emphasized that to me.

I mean, I do it so often too....
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:57 AM   #12
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddspyke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosive View Post
My selling point was how you can launch the car without your hands on the steering wheel and you get absolutely 0 torque steer.

Yes, they emphasized that to me.

I mean, I do it so often too....
They probably are a ton of fun to drive, but FWD turns me off right away. Even if they have the "magical" diffs like GTIs etc.
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 09:08 AM   #13
Matos1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
Might have been mentioned already, just not sure. Does anybody here do 3d printing? Was wondering if it is possible to make extensions of the mounts for the spoiler or even feasible. Not interested in going the 1LE rout for a spoiler but, maybe raising the stock one about 2". The extensions would go on top of the existing due to the configuration on the deck lid. Ideally new one piece mounts 2" taller would be better. Not even sure it would look right, just thinking if it's possible. Can anyone photoshop this?
I do 3D printing. If anyone with a ZL1 in South Florida wants to let me take measurements off their wing stands, I could prototype it for you guys. Alternatively, if you could give me accurate measurements, I could also try it that way.
Matos1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 09:43 AM   #14
Smokin19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matos1LE View Post
I do 3D printing. If anyone with a ZL1 in South Florida wants to let me take measurements off their wing stands, I could prototype it for you guys. Alternatively, if you could give me accurate measurements, I could also try it that way.
Somebody take up the man on the offer. There is a subtle curve on the mounts to the deck lid. This could be a business venture for someone.