Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-30-2019, 08:26 PM   #29
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior85 View Post
Right, there's no way that they could ever be wrong, or that anyone else could have a good idea.

I mean, they went bankrupt... Ford didn't.... Ford sells more Mustangs too..... that's gotta be a coincidence. Surely it doesn't indicate one making better busines decisions than the other.

And Dodge, they went from from so far back in 3rd place that we forgot Challengers existed.... to golfing the binder 2 spot over Camaro. There's no way their pretty awesome commercials or their product placement on TV/Film had anything to do with that. Right?

But if we dare doubt almighty GM buy suggesting that some advertising of ther Camaro might increase sales, its us that are foolish and don't understand.
Yeah, and GM planned to sell half as many 6th Gen as 5th Gen because they wanted us to have more rarity in our cars.
Ok Ford didn’t go bankrupt because they hocked EVERYTHING including the blue oval a few years earlier when money was available to borrow. Two years later when GM needed the same public funds there was no money available to borrow. Ford didn’t go bankrupt because they hit the brick wall earlier than GM. They got LUCKY.

And yes GM is certainly capable of mistakes but I can imagine 100 scenarios where some hot shot wanting to make a name for his or her self is coming up with an idea to advertise Camaros. Or how about an ad agency that make bank on advertising coming in an hyping their hot new ad......yeah NO ONE can see fit to approve these ideas from people with a combined 100s of years experience and and a multitude of college degrees in business and marketing. Only the folks here on Camaro6 are smart enough to know that GM would double sales with just a hot TV commercial.

Why is it so hard for everyone to understand GM has a clue? Seriously a company so he’ll bent on profit......if it could make more profit with a simple TV commercial they would have done it already.
Old 06-30-2019, 08:48 PM   #30
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Why is it so hard for everyone to understand GM has a clue? Seriously a company so he’ll bent on profit......if it could make more profit with a simple TV commercial they would have done it already.
+1 yes they know what they're doing. When you consider the gross margin of trucks & SUVs is much greater than sedans of any brand, you spend your ad bux where they will maximize your profits in the largest and most competitive segments of your business: Trucks and SUVs. And Chevy/GM do indeed spend it there.

Don't forget that Chevy spends bazillions on marketing/advertising with Nascar. Ford too. Big inertia there, contractually and programatically.
Dodge? They can't afford Nascar anymore so they spend their money instead on flashy TV ads and underwriting crazy credit offerings for their cars. They certainly move the volume with it, but they don't make much profit and Dodge's CAFE fines were pretty rough last year. FCA dropped $77 million for missing CAFE in 2018.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:45 AM   #31
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
We live in a DATA driven world, GM has the DATA, we don't.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:01 AM   #32
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Toyota and Ford are outspending Chevy in NASCAR now as it shows in the competition part of the racing. The new Camaro ZL1 has only won 6 races so far since it was introduced for the 2018 season and this year. Usually when a new model is introduced in NASCAR it wins races in the year it comes out, especially Chevy, but the ZL1 has proven otherwise.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:31 AM   #33
CamaroSS50

Drives: 2017 Camaro Convertible SS Fifty
Yes, GM, Ads, Fail.

What is really pissing me off is that they lifted so much of the interior design from the Camaro, thus further making the Camaro less special in appearance.

Nice job.

But now they are the first company to have both a female CEO & CFO.

CamaroSS50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 12:51 PM   #34
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
Well, the people at GM have made me mad. It seems I have seen the new advertisement for the Camaro looking Blazer more times than I care to admit. Why in the hell can't they put that same amount of effort into advertising the Camaro?

You watch the commercial and all the people in it are commenting about it's good looks and wanting one. But, yet not one damn commercial for our Camaro. And you wonder why GM, your Camaro sales are in the tank? Good luck on trying to sell a vehicle 100% made in Mexico, that is entirely overpriced to begin with.

So, this is what GM has done to our beloved Camaro, turned it into an SUV. This is their plan going forward and why we have seen articles telling of the demise of the Camaro. Sorry for the rant but, just had to get it off my chest.

I've been preaching this for years.
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 12:54 PM   #35
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Toyota and Ford are outspending Chevy in NASCAR now as it shows in the competition part of the racing. The new Camaro ZL1 has only won 6 races so far since it was introduced for the 2018 season and this year. Usually when a new model is introduced in NASCAR it wins races in the year it comes out, especially Chevy, but the ZL1 has proven otherwise.
Yeh but thats not really a Camaro. probably not even really a Chevy. Nascar today is like Fake news.
Old 07-01-2019, 12:56 PM   #36
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zts1986 View Post
They’re idiots. They’re idiots who drove themselves into bankruptcy and destroyed great brands like Oldsmobile and Pontiac. They learned absolutely nothing and the new leadership is all about trucks and SUVs.

GM, needs NEW Leadership starting with the CEO on down. They run the outfit like Snowflakes afraid to offend with aggressive no nonsense commercials. And yeh.. the Blazer commercial is absolutely pathetic.
Old 07-01-2019, 01:25 PM   #37
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongos2U View Post
Holy Hell !!! Did the advertising guys at Dodge do a one-off advertisement for the Camaro??

Why, oh why, can't we get a commercial like this in our country?

So ...does Mary Barra know about this?...
Old 07-01-2019, 01:41 PM   #38
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
+1 yes they know what they're doing. When you consider the gross margin of trucks & SUVs is much greater than sedans of any brand, you spend your ad bux where they will maximize your profits in the largest and most competitive segments of your business: Trucks and SUVs. And Chevy/GM do indeed spend it there.

Don't forget that Chevy spends bazillions on marketing/advertising with Nascar. Ford too. Big inertia there, contractually and programatically.
Dodge? They can't afford Nascar anymore so they spend their money instead on flashy TV ads and underwriting crazy credit offerings for their cars. They certainly move the volume with it, but they don't make much profit and Dodge's CAFE fines were pretty rough last year. FCA dropped $77 million for missing CAFE in 2018.
So that Pathetic Blazer Ad must be selling thousands to someone. If I were in the Market for an SUV I sure as hell would not be sold by that commercial. Not only that, a good ad will have you getting interested even if you don't think you are in the market for it.
Old 07-01-2019, 01:50 PM   #39
CamaroSS50

Drives: 2017 Camaro Convertible SS Fifty
Not around here.

There are a few guys here who either know a VP inside or worked there that believe that GM is smarter than all the other companies advertising. In fact, they are so much smarter than Audi executives, Subaru executives, Toyota executives, VW executives, Dodge, Ford, etc.

They also state that GM doesn't want to commit to a media buy as it is a waste.

They will also opine that the sports car market is shrinking, therefore pointless.

(Feel free to search my posts on advertising)

The Blazer ad. Shot at The Grove in LA. What you are viewing is simply focus group lines being broadcast as an ad. Will they sell some Blazer's? Sure. Will they lose a ton of sales to competitors, you betcha.

GM is losing in all categories, in a market that has been booming.

One downturn and they will be back to the Feds cup in hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Mouce View Post
So that Pathetic Blazer Ad must be selling thousands to someone. If I were in the Market for an SUV I sure as hell would not be sold by that commercial. Not only that, a good ad will have you getting interested even if you don't think you are in the market for it.

CamaroSS50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:08 PM   #40
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Mighty Mouce, I agree some of what you said about NASCAR but if the ZL1s were winning races on the track then maybe Chevy might sell a few more. ‘Win on Sunday, sell on Monday’ you know! That’s the old saying that I used to hear. NASCAR does help sell cars despite how fake people think it is or the race cars on the track!
Old 07-01-2019, 07:04 PM   #41
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
I guess Blazer total sales will come out at the end of the first year, will be interesting to see just how many they sold in that first year. I wonder if anyone at GM actually monitors this website for content?
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote