Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-29-2019, 11:40 AM   #15
Road_Warrior85

Drives: IBM 2SSRS, 12 Jeep Wrangler 4door
Send a message via Yahoo to Road_Warrior85
wait... ther Camaro is so overpriced?
yeah, ok..... now tell me hope a $60k Silverado 1590 gas burner is fairly priced.... yet it and all other equally overpriced trucks are selling PLENTY.... what about those Denalis?

As bad as pricing may be, that's across the board for ALL new vehicles these days.
Its not price that is killing ther Camaro.... it's design failures... both in terms of looks, and usability (lack of vision, lack of space) and then advertising what certainly help.
Dodge took over sales with their "my d**k is bigger than yours", testosterone and adrenaline portrayal of their cars and ther hellcat.

Camaro needs an ad that starts off with the track footage, then flashes to reveal it was a day dream of a 25-30 y/o driver whose 4-6 y/o kid is in the back seat pointing out that the light just turned green.... flash to ther Camaro pulling up to little league, karate, gymnastics, or some other children's practice. The kid gets dropped off, we hear "ok, I'll be back when your finished" and as the driver leaves we find ourselves at an intersection, the driver says "let's take the back road" and then we see the Camaro aggressively driving Long twisty backroads and fade into the Camaro logo as the voice over comments to Camaro's ability to handle the performance side as well as regular, family life.

How about another with a young college age driver unloading groceries from a V6 1LE, with car show/car club/autocross trophies/posters and such on the wall of the garage... then the driver calls out to mom that he's headed to see his friends, pulls out, and we then see him pull up to join his friends at an autocross park. We see their cars (camaros of course) all the happy faces and laughter, then cuts to them driving on the track.... with another fade out and voice over about the fun, performance, and real world usability of these cars.

side note.... if Australia can find buyers for these cars after all the costs of converting to RHD, then that's no reason that sales should struggle here.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:10 PM   #16
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Hey Camaro folks, the focus is on families, SUVs, trucks and crossovers since a woman, Mary Barra, is the CEO now! They don’t seem concerned with the sports car maket now. I understand what everyone is saying on here but that is the way it seems to be at the present time and the government seems to be satisfied that a woman is the CEO of a major car manufacturer. I would love to see more focus on Camaros but it doesn’t look like it will happen! We have to face up to the fact that we are a select few of the population that love sports cars are in the minority now of vehicle owners that prefer other types of vehicles now. At least we still have Camaros and can enjoy them!
Old 06-29-2019, 12:13 PM   #17
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
And yes Road Warrior, I agree everything is overpriced now especially trucks!
Old 06-29-2019, 01:48 PM   #18
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Maybe they don't advertise because they know their buyers are more likely to be performance enthusiasts who read about cars in performance magazines and websites in order to make their choice?

The first time an executive at my last job saw me in my 1LE, he asked, "Is that a 1LE?". How many people who watch car ads would know what a 1LE is if they saw a comercial about it 1000 times? That exec was more into porsche, but he knew exactly what the 1LE was and knew exactly what its cababilities were, because he read about it.

oh oh, gotta go a comercial for Corvette just came on!
Old 06-29-2019, 02:47 PM   #19
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
somebody can make Camaro ads
Holy Hell !!! Did the advertising guys at Dodge do a one-off advertisement for the Camaro??

Why, oh why, can't we get a commercial like this in our country?
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 06:56 PM   #20
Road_Warrior85

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Maybe they don't advertise because they know their buyers are more likely to be performance enthusiasts who read about cars in performance magazines and websites in order to make their choice?

The first time an executive at my last job saw me in my 1LE, he asked, "Is that a 1LE?". How many people who watch car ads would know what a 1LE is if they saw a comercial about it 1000 times? That exec was more into porsche, but he knew exactly what the 1LE was and knew exactly what its cababilities were, because he read about it.

oh oh, gotta go a comercial for Corvette just came on!
You are missing a very important key factor.

There are not enough "performance enthusiasts" as you describe, to sell 75,000 or more Camaros per year.
Chevy makes a car for that super enthusiast that you describe, and that is why we are selling so few cars.
Ford is able to sell mustangs to people that just want a pretty car, or a fun car, or a cool car..... Dodge is able to sell cars to people who want to say they have the most horsepower, even if they don't know how to use it, or who want to have a fun, fast car, that they can actually put people in.

Chevy is missing half the market, because they are just trying to sell to that small micro-community of people who value performance above all practicality and real world use.
Chevy is building a recreational vehicle, or part time driver, and trying to sell it to full time drivers.

That's why they can't sell enough of them, and there are risks and rumors of them shutting down again because it isn't profitable enough
Old 06-29-2019, 10:35 PM   #21
DenverTaco07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior85 View Post
You are missing a very important key factor.

There are not enough "performance enthusiasts" as you describe, to sell 75,000 or more Camaros per year.
Chevy makes a car for that super enthusiast that you describe, and that is why we are selling so few cars.
Ford is able to sell mustangs to people that just want a pretty car, or a fun car, or a cool car..... Dodge is able to sell cars to people who want to say they have the most horsepower, even if they don't know how to use it, or who want to have a fun, fast car, that they can actually put people in.

Chevy is missing half the market, because they are just trying to sell to that small micro-community of people who value performance above all practicality and real world use.
Chevy is building a recreational vehicle, or part time driver, and trying to sell it to full time drivers.

That's why they can't sell enough of them, and there are risks and rumors of them shutting down again because it isn't profitable enough
IDK, I'm not privy to how profitable it is or isn't. I wish I knew more than conjecture.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what they do.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:11 PM   #22
LT4

Drives: all sold, getting another soon..
I'm pretty sure Chevy knows a more about advertising a car better than anyone on this forum. The Blazer is a very important car for Chevy because there are at least 8 competitors in its segment. Camaro has only one.

That being said, I think they should not have used the ZL1 grill on the Blazer. It cheapens the ZL1. :P
Old 06-29-2019, 11:14 PM   #23
LT4

Drives: all sold, getting another soon..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongos2U View Post
Holy Hell !!! Did the advertising guys at Dodge do a one-off advertisement for the Camaro??

Why, oh why, can't we get a commercial like this in our country?
Yeah, but what with the single lane race track -- Is it for go-carts?
Old 06-30-2019, 12:53 AM   #24
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
One thing is for sure, these articles of late on the Camaros demise, has kicked a hornet's nest. Camaros are getting a lot of press now aren't they?
In Australia!
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 02:30 PM   #25
GrimReaperSS

Drives: 2001 Onyx Black/Ebony SS. 427/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Hey Camaro folks, the focus is on families, SUVs, trucks and crossovers since a woman, Mary Barra, is the CEO now! They don’t seem concerned with the sports car maket now. I understand what everyone is saying on here but that is the way it seems to be at the present time and the government seems to be satisfied that a woman is the CEO of a major car manufacturer. I would love to see more focus on Camaros but it doesn’t look like it will happen! We have to face up to the fact that we are a select few of the population that love sports cars are in the minority now of vehicle owners that prefer other types of vehicles now. At least we still have Camaros and can enjoy them!
You would think that Mary could use some intuition to sell more Camaro's then. Hasn't the Mustangs selling monopoly been with the ladies wanting to own a Pony all their lives, selling 6 cylinder models the most of any? The Camaro should be able to sell to all, not just a majority of performance minded men.
GrimReaperSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 04:00 PM   #26
Road_Warrior85

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4 View Post
I'm pretty sure Chevy knows a more about advertising a car better than anyone on this forum.

Right, there's no way that they could ever be wrong, or that anyone else could have a good idea.

I mean, they went bankrupt... Ford didn't.... Ford sells more Mustangs too..... that's gotta be a coincidence. Surely it doesn't indicate one making better busines decisions than the other.

And Dodge, they went from from so far back in 3rd place that we forgot Challengers existed.... to golfing the binder 2 spot over Camaro. There's no way their pretty awesome commercials or their product placement on TV/Film had anything to do with that. Right?

But if we dare doubt almighty GM buy suggesting that some advertising of ther Camaro might increase sales, its us that are foolish and don't understand.
Yeah, and GM planned to sell half as many 6th Gen as 5th Gen because they wanted us to have more rarity in our cars.
Old 06-30-2019, 04:02 PM   #27
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
For like the elevendy billionth time there is no business case that makes it worthwhile for GM to donTV commercials for the Camaro. If it would increase sales enough to pay for the commercial and air time and increase overall profit we would have seen a commercial a lonngggggg time ago.
Old 06-30-2019, 06:27 PM   #28
DenverTaco07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
For like the elevendy billionth time there is no business case that makes it worthwhile for GM to donTV commercials for the Camaro. If it would increase sales enough to pay for the commercial and air time and increase overall profit we would have seen a commercial a lonngggggg time ago.

Obviously the data GM has needs to be ran through the Camaro6 BI tool, where it would no doubt prove that a 10 minute superbowl Camaro ad would solve all their woes.