Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 07-22-2017, 10:51 AM   #29
Aivdivad

Drives: 2016 LT1 RS 2.0
I see all of these posts and the same thing happened to me when I took the car in for service. I filed a claim with my insurance company indicating the dealership damaged the vehicle. One thing I don't see posted here is what about frame damage? Something had to stress in order to comprise the fender and panel. I am sending my car to a local frame shop to make sure there was not damage to the frame, which I am sure that the dealer would NEVER admit, even though it was their doing.
Aivdivad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:08 AM   #30
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Door / Front fender alignment issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aivdivad View Post
I see all of these posts and the same thing happened to me when I took the car in for service. I filed a claim with my insurance company indicating the dealership damaged the vehicle. One thing I don't see posted here is what about frame damage? Something had to stress in order to comprise the fender and panel. I am sending my car to a local frame shop to make sure there was not damage to the frame, which I am sure that the dealer would NEVER admit, even though it was their doing.

See post 25, easy fix... although i haven't gotten around to messing with it yet.

Either way, post back your findings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:37 PM   #31
Aivdivad

I saw post 25 but again, what part of the frame was the jack on? If the fender was pushed out, it had to be because of stress at the connection point of the fender, which would be the frame, correct? I just think the potential is there for damage to the frame so I think it could be more than just than just re-aligning the fender. I would be interested to see the tire wear on all of you who are just fixing the fender. My tires have to be rotated where as most of the Camaro Tires are not rotated, so I would think you would know soon enough if the car is misaligned or in this case a potential bent frame. It doesn't take much bend in the frame to screw the car up. That is my main concern. Thanks for pointing out post 25, I appreciate your feed back.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:31 PM   #32
Adrian97c

Quote:
I saw post 25 but again, what part of the frame was the jack on? If the fender was pushed out, it had to be because of stress at the connection point of the fender, which would be the frame, correct? I just think the potential is there for damage to the frame so I think it could be more than just than just re-aligning the fender. I would be interested to see the tire wear on all of you who are just fixing the fender. My tires have to be rotated where as most of the Camaro Tires are not rotated, so I would think you would know soon enough if the car is misaligned or in this case a potential bent frame. It doesn't take much bend in the frame to screw the car up. That is my main concern. Thanks for pointing out post 25, I appreciate your feed back.

Plz post back with what the frame shop techs say or find. Thanks, I look fwd to hearing back.

Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
Old 07-23-2017, 07:06 AM   #33
Aivdivad

Going to The Frame Shop Monday

I will let everyone know the results.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:49 PM   #34
Adrian97c

Quote:
I will let everyone know the results.

Any updates?

Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
Old 08-06-2017, 04:59 PM   #35
Gen-X45

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
My drivers side A-Pillar doesn't line up correctly with front fender... I came across it while washing the car. The Dealership won't own up to it, it could have happened when the car was being loaded or unloaded from the transport truck, idk. I'll take it to an auto-body shop when I get some time. If anyone else here has the same problem and a fix, please post.
Gen-X45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:55 PM   #36
Adrian97c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen-X45 View Post
My drivers side A-Pillar doesn't line up correctly with front fender... I came across it while washing the car. The Dealership won't own up to it, it could have happened when the car was being loaded or unloaded from the transport truck, idk. I'll take it to an auto-body shop when I get some time. If anyone else here has the same problem and a fix, please post.

Any updates?

Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
Old 08-30-2017, 03:31 PM   #37
EstebanVerde

Drives: 16 2SS Camaro
Brought mine to the dealer to fix last Monday. Still don't have my car back on Wednesday of the next week. I'm so pissed. I keep getting the run around. It was supposed to be ready Tuesday and then Wednesday, but still no car. Problem is no other dealer is going to fix another dealers mistake so I had to go to the AWFUL dealer who did it in the first place.
EstebanVerde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:15 PM   #38
Adrian97c

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstebanVerde View Post
Brought mine to the dealer to fix last Monday. Still don't have my car back on Wednesday of the next week. I'm so pissed. I keep getting the run around. It was supposed to be ready Tuesday and then Wednesday, but still no car. Problem is no other dealer is going to fix another dealers mistake so I had to go to the AWFUL dealer who did it in the first place.

Did they give you a loaner?

Wow over 1 week to fix? I'm thinking of doing it at my dads driveway... there are 2 bolts that if loosened can help adjust the fender. See post above that explains it... just have a bad feeling that it's bent to the point that the 2 bolts won't help much.

Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
Old 08-30-2017, 06:52 PM   #39
EstebanVerde

Drives: 16 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian97c View Post
Did they give you a loaner?

Wow over 1 week to fix? I'm thinking of doing it at my dads driveway... there are 2 bolts that if loosened can help adjust the fender. See post above that explains it... just have a bad feeling that it's bent to the point that the 2 bolts won't help much.

I think the time it has spent at my dealer has more to do with their incompetence than the extent of the damage. I saw the post on the screws and considered the working on it myself, but at the end of the day didn't want to risk it since I'd never done anything like that. I hope you can get yours fixed and Chevy can fix its dealer problem.
EstebanVerde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:55 PM   #40
Adrian97c

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstebanVerde View Post
I think the time it has spent at my dealer has more to do with their incompetence than the extent of the damage. I saw the post on the screws and considered the working on it myself, but at the end of the day didn't want to risk it since I'd never done anything like that. I hope you can get yours fixed and Chevy can fix its dealer problem.

Ya true.. right now car has bigger issues. My tranny/Torque Converter is failing, again. TC was replaced in November of last year & I feel the shakes are back, so that'll be round 2.

Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
Old 09-22-2017, 06:32 PM   #41
Gen-X45

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
So Guys, it's been busy at work so I haven't had time to go to the dealership. I have a scheduled oil change next week so I'll address the issue with the dealership then. I'm somewhat reluctant to take my car there anymore. They where just on the news for a tech driving around town with a customers car. Regardless, the plot thickens. Not only does my drivers side A-Pillar not line up correctly with front fender. Upon a closer look, there is a very VERY slight indention on the fender itself. It's as if someone bumped into something, not hard enough to bust anything up but enough to engage the crumple zone. It's really hard to notice, but it is there.
Gen-X45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:04 PM   #42
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
My car has the same issue now on the driver side after a dealership visit. I'm thinking it was lifted incorrectly. Need to take it back in for them to fix.

One downside to this car has to be the jack points. Needing special pucks, not having a lot of places to place a jackstand, etc. Annoyance factor if you need to lift the car for a DIY.
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote