Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

AWE Tuning

Old 04-24-2019, 07:45 AM   #1
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
blazzin1 - weight loss = go fast parts!

Hi all! This will be a little bit of a different journal entry. I’m not really creating this to show off my car or to keep track of mods, but rather to keep track of my own personal journey, and hopefully to get some encouragement and tips from my fellow Camaro enthusiasts. Yes, I do have what I consider to be a nice 2016 Camaro SS with a few bolt-on mods here and there. Nothing incredibly special, but here’s the real reason for this journal...

I’m 48 years old, 5’8”, and currently 256 lbs! So yes, I’m old, short, and fat! I am happily married, and have two beautiful young girls (7 & 10), yes I started late in life. I was active-duty Air Force for 21 years, and retired from my aircraft technician career 10 years ago. Since then, it’s been nothing but office jobs. Needless to say, the pounds have packed themselves on. I have a couple friends that are right around my same age who have had heart attacks already, and that kinda scares me! But if that wasn’t enough of a reason, I can’t seem to muster up the motivation to get off my ass and do something about it. I’ll admit it...I’m lazy, I utterly HATE dieting, and the thought of going to a gym literally makes me angry! But I gotta do something about it already. I want my Wife to stay physically attracted to me for the long run, and I certainly don’t want to have a heart attack and leave my girls without a Father!

So, just two days ago, my Wife finally found what could really motivate me! She said if I can lose 36 lbs., bringing myself down to 220, she would let me buy a supercharger for my car!!! It’s been a long-time wish of mine, even when I had my 2010 SS before my 6th Gen. So, that is now my goal, with hopes of even surpassing that, I would ultimately like to be down to an even 200. I know some of you have probably lost more weight, and maybe feel this is easily obtainable. But it won’t be for me, I’m lazy, stubborn, and pretty set in my ways! So I’m gonna need lots of help, advice, and encouragement along the way! Wish me luck! The only question that remains...Magnuson or Procharger?
Attached Images

blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 12:31 PM   #2
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Its hard i am in the same boat as you, we work hard and it not easy before or after work to go to the gym, with that said in June of 2017 i got my ZL11LE (so my supercharger ) with that said at the time i was 335lb and it was hard to Cary all that Extra weight, was at Camaro fest and Mlee was there and he lost lots of weight, it was there that i got the will power to lose some weight, to date i lost close to 100LB and want to lose a lot more.

You can do it, stay strong if you want something you can get it, and i look forward to pics of your new Magnuson.

P.S. you got a keeper.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 07:42 AM   #3
blazzin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Its hard i am in the same boat as you, we work hard and it not easy before or after work to go to the gym, with that said in June of 2017 i got my ZL11LE (so my supercharger ) with that said at the time i was 335lb and it was hard to Cary all that Extra weight, was at Camaro fest and Mlee was there and he lost lots of weight, it was there that i got the will power to lose some weight, to date i lost close to 100LB and want to lose a lot more.

You can do it, stay strong if you want something you can get it, and i look forward to pics of your new Magnuson.

P.S. you got a keeper.
Thank You for the kind words and much needed encouragement!!! I have talked with Mlee several times, he was a B-52 technician like me! Great Guy!!! Congratulations on your incredible weight loss! Hope to see you at the Fest this year!
Old 05-02-2019, 11:18 AM   #4
Osbornsm

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Don't park over the curb... what happens when you DONT have clearance.

<insert> </insert>

Mods: Rotofab, Nick Williams 103mm TB, MSD IM, Kooks 1 7/8
Results: 470 hp / 447 tq
Osbornsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 11:42 AM   #5
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
keto diet ftw! im 35 now but i started over 6 months ago at 248lbs and now im down to 195lbs and thats diet only no excercise
Old 05-02-2019, 02:12 PM   #6
blazzin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
keto diet ftw! im 35 now but i started over 6 months ago at 248lbs and now im down to 195lbs and thats diet only no excercise
Thanks for the advice...I’ll look into it!
Old 05-03-2019, 07:00 PM   #7
blazzin1

Down 4 lbs., nothing worth bragging about, but I guess it's a start!