Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-02-2019, 02:14 PM   #1
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Help with P0121 Code - Odd behavior

Ok everyone
My car has been running spectacular, however I continue to have a lingering problem with P0121 (Throttle Body A & B Volt mis-match) CELs.

When doing a hard full throttle pull, and usually after some kind of wheel spin, regardless of what Perf Traction mode I have the car in (My car is a 1LE, so it has the additional traction control modes under "track" - Wet, Dry, Sport 1, Sport 2, & Race), and regardless of what gear I am in (1, 2, 3, & 4th) i will get the alarm.

Again, the light comes on AFTER i let off. It really sucks because the car goes into limp mode until you shut it off for a couple of minutes.

Last week I went into HP Tuners and turned off the P0121 alarm (I set it so the ECU could recognize the MIL, but do nothing as a result of it), which I thought had it licked, but I had it repeat itself again.

There is not much on this forum, but looking on the Corvette forums, there are all sorts of people who have experienced it, with all sorts of solutions. Some people have fixed it with a new gas pedal, some with gas pedal wiring, some have had to fix wiring issues under the hood with the throttle body / MAF extensions (which my car has).

I have had ever connector apart, cleaned, checked, cleaned MAF, re-sealed MAF into intercooler, and it really has made no difference.

Before I take the thing to my tuner and pay him a lot of money to try and find the issue, has anyone here had anything like this happen? My car was new in august and it has 5100 miles on it currently. And as I recall, I think this may have happened last year before any mods.

Again - only when I experienced wheel speed, and pull full throttle, and only when I let off the gas.