Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Florida

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-11-2019, 04:55 PM   #1
DoctorTampa

Drives: 2018 2SS Convertible Hot Wheels
Who Is Tampa Bay's BEST Chevy Service Center?!

Hey ya'll, I tried searching but came up short so any help would be appreciated!

I need a few warranty issues dealt with but am nervous about dealers ****ing my car up.

Considering the dealer I bought it from had 2 chips in the paint with 143 miles on it (Main Motor Chevy, MN), I don't trust these bastards as far as I can throw the car.

So what dealership have the best service departments in Tampa? Won't damage my car or leave my seats greasy and smelling like sweat.

Any dealers to avoid? Seems like the only thing I could find here is to avoid Gordon Chevy.

Any help is much appreciated!!!
Daniel

Magnetic Ride Control + Performance Exhaust
DoctorTampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 12:55 AM   #2
LS6-M22
Rockcrusher

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Stingray Chevrolet in Plant City. Worth the drive. Top shelf dealership with lots of new and classic car eye candy. I bought my 1LE there and they fixed a few warranty issues extremely professionally and the owner is a huge car guy.
LS6-M22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 10:58 AM   #3
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Stingray is great. German Chevy in Brandon is good also, at least when you know the 1LE owners there..
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:01 PM   #4
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Stibgray Chevy has been nothing but top notch in my experience. The showroom is like a mini car show and I've even seen McLaren's and P cars in the service area so obviously they are reputable to many.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:03 PM   #5
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Wesley Chapel Chevy had a possibly mishap with my car once but besides that one issue I had with them regarding my diff fluid they've gone above and beyond to keep me satisfied every time I take my car there. I prefer stingray but this place is closer.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:45 PM   #6
DoctorTampa

Drives: 2018 2SS Convertible Hot Wheels
Thank you all, unfortunately they don't work on convertible issues!

But they said they can do anything else!

Looks like I'm going to Ferman on Dale Mabrey. Anyone have any experiences, good or bad there? I used to go to Ferman Acura back in the day and it was a mixed bag.

Magnetic Ride Control + Performance Exhaust
DoctorTampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:52 PM   #7
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Well for convertible work down by me, the best guy in the area is Convertible Tops and More in Bradenton. He replaced the top on my wife's '07 Solara and did it expertly, and it's held up perfectly in the year and a half since.

Cox Chevy in Bradenton uses Convertible Tops and More for all their ragtop work, including warranty work with delaminated glass.
Gunkk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:14 PM   #8
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorTampa View Post
Thank you all, unfortunately they don't work on convertible issues!

But they said they can do anything else!

Looks like I'm going to Ferman on Dale Mabrey. Anyone have any experiences, good or bad there? I used to go to Ferman Acura back in the day and it was a mixed bag.
I go to Church with the Fermans, but I've never had any luck at their Dealerships
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:44 PM   #9
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Stibgray Chevy has been nothing but top notch in my experience. The showroom is like a mini car show and I've even seen McLaren's and P cars in the service area so obviously they are reputable to many.
Those cars are the owners. He buys them, enjoys them for awhile and then resells them. I drove one of the 570s they had.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 05:01 PM   #10
brownsl4life
AB

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE
Have any of you guys had issues with the car popping out of 2nd gear? Want to take it to dealership that has dealt with it before. I know there is a write up on here but on a whim thought I would ask if any of you had ever had it looked at locally.
brownsl4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 10:36 PM   #11
Techdude99

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
I go to Church with the Fermans, but I've never had any luck at their Dealerships
I went to Ferman Chevy in Brandon for a track alignment. Manny was the SA. They adjusted it to spec but the steering wheel was not straight and it was completely out of spec after one day at Sebring. I left three messages asking for a call back. No return call. I'm not going back.

Mike S. works there and has a SS 1LE. He supports customers that are interested in HPDE's and tracks his car on a regular basis.

I can't speak from personal experience, but Stingray has a good reputation.

Last edited by Techdude99; 01-14-2020 at 10:48 PM.
Techdude99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 01:22 PM   #12
UFDUB

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
So who are people using for track alignment work and things like that? Chevy dealerships? Race shops? Any suggestions or experiences appreciated.
UFDUB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealership, recommendations, service, service department, warranty