AWE Tuning

Old 10-23-2020, 04:30 PM   #57
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Good luck, Mr. Sleepless in Bangkok
This one gets played in every bar over there...

Old 10-23-2020, 04:55 PM   #58
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
That window decal would probably get him buried under a prison.
Well, the only thing more subtle (and wiser) would be to apply it to the inside of the trunk lid or the hood...

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 06:28 PM   #59
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
That window decal would probably get him buried under a prison.
Actually not at all... they really like Americans there.

I found everyone to be super helpful and friendly once they figured out where I was from. It's a big European vacation spot but very few Americans.
Old 10-23-2020, 08:49 PM   #60
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Actually not at all... they really like Americans there.

I found everyone to be super helpful and friendly once they figured out where I was from. It's a big European vacation spot but very few Americans.
Edited, I was mistaken.

Last edited by gtfoxy; 10-24-2020 at 04:48 AM.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 01:20 PM   #61
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Good luck, Mr. Sleepless in Bangkok

Don't skip the rock guards and/or Xpel even for a few hundred miles of spirited driving, or (depending on road quality and the amount of "daaang son" lifted bro trucks on your streets) you might as well order another set of side rockers.

The GM color matched splash guards do not work with the ZL1, you need to go aftermarket, I used the RPI Designs premium rock guards, ZL1 Addons has an almost identical design, and ACS composites sells a more expensive solution. Mudflap style or not, I don't give a *** what people say, these are at least somewhat effective.

As to visuals, I can wholeheartedly recommend this Decal Concepts quarter window flag, there is also a carbon fiber version if you're so inclined: https://decalconcepts.com/product/ca...ecal-2015-2018. This is how it looks on my car:
I freakin love'em, but with limited visibility already, is it wise? I weave a lot. And actually I'm a bit worried about my habit. The laws here are different from the states and Japan where I had my previous sportscar. Here the bigger vehicle is almost always in the wrong (unless you can "donate" a lot). And bikes are always threading through traffic, especially in Bangkok.
Rock Guards, I wanted to get the OEM ones, glad you told me that they don't fit. Wonder why they did that. I guess I'll be looking at a different version. I will get them along with some oil filters if I can't find the correct one here in a jiffy.

Going back to your design. How is the visibility. I should ask that first I guess.... Although, this kind of Black design on my shadow Gray paint shouldn't be too loud and was what I was thinking. Full car design somehow. Like a screaming eagle head with the Stars and stripes as the body, in all black. I used to own a company that I sold, Far East Engravers, where we designed custom art like this for the military when I lived in Okinawa, Japan. So I'll come up with something. I just want to have the final product fairly soon so I can put it on a perfectly clean vehicle. The car sales lot who sold me the car will let me use their lift for a year to work on the car so I can lift it immediately and put the rock guards on. I'm taking your advice on that one.
Bangkok_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 01:32 PM   #62
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Actually, The media has most people in the states thinking that other people don't like Americans. I've lived all over Asia, Japan, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, India, Vietnam, and Cambodia. This is living with an address for like a year at that address, not visiting. I've visited almost all of the countries of Asia, and I can tell you without question, most people like Americans. What they don't like is whiney complaining Americans. Because they see America has so much opportunity, and they only dream about living in a place where they could have such opportunity. So if you 're a little humble, reserved, and willing to roll your sleeves up along side them, they'll embrace you. You whine or complain about how tough life is, they really don't want to hear it, especially when many here are living on $5 a day and have a family....
Old 10-25-2020, 08:59 PM   #63
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangkok_ZL1 View Post
I freakin love'em, but with limited visibility already, is it wise? I weave a lot. And actually I'm a bit worried about my habit. The laws here are different from the states and Japan where I had my previous sportscar. Here the bigger vehicle is almost always in the wrong (unless you can "donate" a lot). And bikes are always threading through traffic, especially in Bangkok.
Rock Guards, I wanted to get the OEM ones, glad you told me that they don't fit. Wonder why they did that. I guess I'll be looking at a different version. I will get them along with some oil filters if I can't find the correct one here in a jiffy.

Going back to your design. How is the visibility. I should ask that first I guess.... Although, this kind of Black design on my shadow Gray paint shouldn't be too loud and was what I was thinking. Full car design somehow. Like a screaming eagle head with the Stars and stripes as the body, in all black. I used to own a company that I sold, Far East Engravers, where we designed custom art like this for the military when I lived in Okinawa, Japan. So I'll come up with something. I just want to have the final product fairly soon so I can put it on a perfectly clean vehicle. The car sales lot who sold me the car will let me use their lift for a year to work on the car so I can lift it immediately and put the rock guards on. I'm taking your advice on that one.
Very good call on the splash guards You want to protect the paint as much as possible from day 1. Qualitywise, the ACS product is head and shoulders above the rest, but they are very pricey, too.

I personally felt a "full size" stars and stripes banner would be too loud, this quarter window decal is subtle, yet pronoounced and actually noticed by everyone, I've gotten many a thumbs up for them. A large flag decal is absolutely awesome, it just wouldn't be me.

As to visibility, the quarter window is already so small that having a few stripes blocking about one third of the glass makes no real difference. You can't see from the outside, but there is a B pillar behind that glass plus an opaque black border, so it's absolutely tiny. I have my mirrors set up correctly, and that plus the blind spot monitoring is more than enough, there is even some overlap across the range covered by the side mirror, the BSM and the window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangkok_ZL1 View Post
Actually, The media has most people in the states thinking that other people don't like Americans. I've lived all over Asia, Japan, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, India, Vietnam, and Cambodia. This is living with an address for like a year at that address, not visiting. I've visited almost all of the countries of Asia, and I can tell you without question, most people like Americans. What they don't like is whiney complaining Americans. Because they see America has so much opportunity, and they only dream about living in a place where they could have such opportunity. So if you 're a little humble, reserved, and willing to roll your sleeves up along side them, they'll embrace you. You whine or complain about how tough life is, they really don't want to hear it, especially when many here are living on $5 a day and have a family....
I'm with them 100% about this. In fact, I try to nip this kind of whining in the bud with my kids, and remind them that there are 7+ billion people on Earth that are worse off than they, so they can either choose to eat that dish their mother worked hard to cook, take those clothes, shoes, whatever, or they are free to leave the table hungry/get nothing. Ungratefulness and a negative, whiney attitude takes one nowhere. As you can probably tell by this, I'm not coming from money either.

Definitely keep us posted about your ZL1 journey

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 10:28 AM   #64
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Quote:
Very good call on the splash guards You want to protect the paint as much as possible from day 1. Qualitywise, the ACS product is head and shoulders above the rest, but they are very pricey, too.

I personally felt a "full size" stars and stripes banner would be too loud, this quarter window decal is subtle, yet pronoounced and actually noticed by everyone, I've gotten many a thumbs up for them. A large flag decal is absolutely awesome, it just wouldn't be me.

As to visibility, the quarter window is already so small that having a few stripes blocking about one third of the glass makes no real difference. You can't see from the outside, but there is a B pillar behind that glass plus an opaque black border, so it's absolutely tiny. I have my mirrors set up correctly, and that plus the blind spot monitoring is more than enough, there is even some overlap across the range covered by the side mirror, the BSM and the window.

I'm with them 100% about this. In fact, I try to nip this kind of whining in the bud with my kids, and remind them that there are 7+ billion people on Earth that are worse off than they, so they can either choose to eat that dish their mother worked hard to cook, take those clothes, shoes, whatever, or they are free to leave the table hungry/get nothing. Ungratefulness and a negative, whiney attitude takes one nowhere. As you can probably tell by this, I'm not coming from money either.

Definitely keep us posted about your ZL1 journey
I'm going with your Window Piece, But I might do Color, if I can. Then do the other side (Left Side) in Thai, since my wife is Thai and she'll be the navigator