Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 10-24-2020, 04:27 PM   #15
Markoz28

Drives: 18 ZL1 nightfall grey A10
If you don’t add meth I wouldn’t add the pulley. Increased boost will increase heat. Look into porting the supercharger if you can instead and that will free up air flow but decrease restriction and boost. Car will run cooler IATs and make power.
Markoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 08:58 PM   #16
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoz28 View Post
If you don’t add meth I wouldn’t add the pulley. Increased boost will increase heat. Look into porting the supercharger if you can instead and that will free up air flow but decrease restriction and boost. Car will run cooler IATs and make power.
When you port the SC, it’s also a great time to add at least an LT5 TB as well since you’re tuning anyway.
Old 10-25-2020, 12:08 PM   #17
Markoz28

Drives: 18 ZL1 nightfall grey A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
When you port the SC, it’s also a great time to add at least an LT5 TB as well since you’re tuning anyway.
Agree with this or 103 Throttle body and Big Gulp.
Markoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 12:42 PM   #18
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
The thing is I'll be adding an upper pulley and a cai and the car will be to tuned into the safe side
My concerns is would it hurt the car if i didn't add a meth kit considering the temperature in my country reaches up to 110f in summer time
Yeah, I'm in Thailand and it can get hot here for 7-8 months also. I've got my plans as well, but that build will use E85, which is very prevalent here, plus an Edelbrock and a few more goodies like head porting and cam, etc. But I don't plan to be on the track creating major heat. I'm just cruising down the highway at around 150 (90+MPH) basically and then enjoy a squirt or two on the drives. Try to stay out of Bangkok during rush hour times.
Has anybody in the heat ever tried just pulling the thermostat? I know, I'm an old car guy, we used to do that and it just ran cooler. But now, I don't know how the ECU would act to that. I would think that is would just read cooler temp, but I don't know nowadays.
Bangkok_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote