Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 02-04-2021, 12:48 PM   #1
Ox45
Hillbilly Highness

Drives: 2001 S10, 2022 LT1 Vert
LT1 Noises - Answers!

All,

Since owning the LT1 I have experienced 2 different odd sounds that were not present in either of the RS models that I have previously owned. They are all convertibles. I am posting this here because I just got fairly definitive answers on the source of the sounds and I thought that someone else may want this as reference.

Car is a 2020 LT1 Convertible, A10, No NPP.

There is a small quick squeak going from V4 to V8 mode: This is the AFM exhaust valves. I was told that they tend to make noise... but there is no real harm with the noise. You can lubricate them per the bulletin. There are other threads on this.

There is a whining or whirring noise when moving at slow speeds (30 - 55) with light throttle: It drove me nuts whether it was wind noise, rear end, bearings, etc... This is a planetary gear inside the transmission on the A10 (maybe on the others, but confirmed on the A10). The sound is normal operation, there is no fix except to put your foot in it or turn up the radio. It may be hard to pinpoint the location of the sound as it gets amplified through the rest of the drive train. It is caused by how the gears engage and is not a cause for concern.

It was suspected that these noises are more prominent in the LT1 cabin due to less sound deadening being applied that in the SS models. I received this information from the lead tech at a well respected dealership that is known for their work on Camaros and Corvettes. I am sure that some will say that I was being placated, especially on item #2 but I seriously doubt it. The tech went for a test drive and called out about every sound the car made before I pointed them out to him. He knew exactly what he was listening for. This dealership has been stellar on service on all 3 of my Camaros and the tech was quite honest on his feelings about AFM, etc...

Hope this info can help someone.

Ox.
Ox45 is offline   Reply With Quote