Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 01-03-2021, 08:23 AM   #15
WarrenJ

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Convertible
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDMaN2091 View Post
So when it starts getting cold outside I get alot of questions on replacing this tensioner. I figured a picture is definatly worth a thousand words.

DO NOT REMOVE BOLT IN CENTER OF BLACK PULLEY(It is stationary, and ONLY ment to be tightened)

The Manual says 16 ft/lbs(192 in/lbs) torque spec.. I just snug them down and give them a little bump.. the bolts are large, but lightweight and I dont trust them. It's not worth snapping one off in the block.

Hope this helps everyone out. Winter IS typically when electrical issues like to emerge.
Brother you Rock!

I was 2300 miles away from home and had a GM Master Tech. In Miami scratching his head I found out the ripple was having a stroke (bad voltage regulator)swapped the Alternator, belt and tensioner.

I have to say by for coming from the C6 Corvette world these vehicles keep us on are toes finally a digital car for the digital age.
WarrenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 08:29 AM   #16
WarrenJ

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Convertible
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDMaN2091 View Post
So when it starts getting cold outside I get alot of questions on replacing this tensioner. I figured a picture is definatly worth a thousand words.

DO NOT REMOVE BOLT IN CENTER OF BLACK PULLEY(It is stationary, and ONLY ment to be tightened)

The Manual says 16 ft/lbs(192 in/lbs) torque spec.. I just snug them down and give them a little bump.. the bolts are large, but lightweight and I dont trust them. It's not worth snapping one off in the block.

Hope this helps everyone out. Winter IS typically when electrical issues like to emerge.
Brother you Rock!

Ty for the amazing write up should be a sticky
WarrenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:07 PM   #17
urirx98

Drives: 2016 Bumble Bee Yellow 2SS
hmm this is interesting, i just replaced my battery last friday ( 2016 with only 33k miles) every so often i would get a gurgle start but friday after leaving the dealer , the car flat out died, i went to advnced auto and had it checked and said i should prob change it since it was only half, but figured id go to dealer just in case. THey checked and though it charged up they didnt trust it cause of the #s it was thrwing so i replaced it. Weird thing is ive been hearing a strange wining noise from under hood before this happened, and now wondering if it was a belt / Goin to work tomorrow goin to check if still hear the wining
Old 02-19-2021, 06:38 PM   #18
ABlindDingo

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 1SS
I’ve been trying to find a diagram of the tensioner for ages! Thanks for the pic. Maybe I wasn’t using the right search terms but I just couldn’t find anything on how to loosen the belt (I need to replace my alternator). Came upon this thread today and you sir, are a life saver lol
ABlindDingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 02:02 PM   #19
SanDMaN2091

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS A8 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABlindDingo View Post
I’ve been trying to find a diagram of the tensioner for ages! Thanks for the pic. Maybe I wasn’t using the right search terms but I just couldn’t find anything on how to loosen the belt (I need to replace my alternator). Came upon this thread today and you sir, are a life saver lol
I dm'd you the link for pdf

For everyone else:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...TkumeFygLSQuCD
LPE Ported/Polished 95mm LT5Throttle Body,
PRAY Ported MSD Intake Manifold,
SP Coated TSP 1 7/8" Catlless Longtubes
Hooker BlackHeart Cat-Back,
Mishimoto Catch Can (Which always has some nasty in it)
Instagram@Weapon_6
SanDMaN2091 is offline   Reply With Quote