Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-01-2016, 08:15 PM   #1
DiGiam

Drives: 2016 NFG SS A8
Car maxed out from the factory???

I know the 6th gen is new but with every single aftermarket part it seems everyone thinks that they make little to no power yet there are so many claims of horsepower from the vendors. I just got my 16 ss and reading all this will make your head explode. So the lt1 steps up to direct injection, 11.5:1 compression ratio, and now it doesn't respond to mods anymore?? I'm not knocking the car. I love mine. I'm just wondering if the days of bolting on parts with no tune are gone. It looks like everything has to have a tune now to pull any power out. All I want is to get my car running consistent 11's. My original thought was the MSD intake manifold, rotofab intake, ported TB. CA performance secondary cat delete pipes, and hooker black heart cat back exhaust and a tune. I thought these mods would give a 40-50 rwhp increase but I have no clue after reading everything in these forums. Again, I'm not knocking anyone or any of the vendors. I'm just trying to understand.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:44 PM   #2
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
The car fights most mods. Only way to really get something out of your extra parts will be to tune for it. And then you'll be left wondering if the parts actually helped or if all the gains were just in the tune (would be the same if you did just a tune)?

Adding parts is a personal preference. Be glad you have a car that has so much already done for you. Now you can focus on whether you want to go cam, bottle or blower. =)
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:48 PM   #3
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiam View Post
All I want is to get my car running consistent 11's.
Relax homie, you are overthinking it. Find a wheel that will support a good drag radial and take it to the track. You may be in the 11's already.....and I probably saved you a bunch of dough.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:53 PM   #4
DiGiam

I've had every power adder in the past. I just want to keep this one simple. No heads cam. If anything I'll go with a whipple or magnuson heartbeat. I'm sure ECS with come out with a strong centri set up but I've been down that road and blowing out seals and constant rebuilds gets old. The whipple and magnuson have 100k service intervals and great reliability. Stock fuel system is going to need help at 580whp and Pistons need changing once you pass 700whp. I'd like to stay na for a little while though. Make it a strong mid 11 sec car.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:59 PM   #5
DiGiam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
Relax homie, you are overthinking it. Find a wheel that will support a good drag radial and take it to the track. You may be in the 11's already.....and I probably saved you a bunch of dough.
Your 11.80 is strong. What was the DA on that run. And what rear tire and rims set up
Old 09-01-2016, 09:01 PM   #6
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Ebay has plug in performance modules that add something like 100hp for $60. Problably the best bet right now to make your camaro a 11 sec. Beast.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:09 PM   #7
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
Quote:
Your 11.80 is strong. What was the DA on that run. And what rear tire and rims set up
Thanks. DA was around 400 I think? and I run a 305/35/20 Mickey on an 11" wheel.

IMO these cars thrive in good air so wait for a favorable night and go hunt some prey.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:18 PM   #8
DiGiam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
Ebay has plug in performance modules that add something like 100hp for $60. Problably the best bet right now to make your camaro a 11 sec. Beast.
The only tuners close to me that I would trust are Jeremy formato of fasterproms or Matt at FSP. Don't need an eBay plug in performance module tearing the car up.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:23 PM   #9
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Quote:
The only tuners close to me that I would trust are Jeremy formato of fasterproms or Matt at FSP. Don't need an eBay plug in performance module tearing the car up.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:34 PM   #10
DiGiam

Yea. I'm well aware it was a joke. But to the same point I've seen lesser tuners f-up a car. Those 2 I listed have a good track record with the C7 and many cars before the LT1.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:09 AM   #11
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Quote:
Yea. I'm well aware it was a joke. But to the same point I've seen lesser tuners f-up a car. Those 2 I listed have a good track record with the C7 and many cars before the LT1.
Mid 11's are a possibility with E85 and tires with little else, but there's your tune again. We are in the 11's with stock tires and a tune/PTB from Matt at FSP. We now have tires and are looking into a few other things with FSP. Haven't run with the tires yet... damn rain.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:25 PM   #12
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdasnt3 View Post
Mid 11's are a possibility with E85 and tires with little else, but there's your tune again. We are in the 11's with stock tires and a tune/PTB from Matt at FSP. We now have tires and are looking into a few other things with FSP. Haven't run with the tires yet... damn rain.
You auto guys have to stop bragging.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:31 PM   #13
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
You auto guys have to stop bragging.
Now we have a A8 in the 10's with cam/headers/stall/DR's/E85... LOL
Old 09-02-2016, 02:12 PM   #14
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
I know the 6th gen is new but with every single aftermarket part it seems everyone thinks that they make little to no power yet there are so many claims of horsepower from the vendors. I just got my 16 ss and reading all this will make your head explode. So the lt1 steps up to direct injection, 11.5:1 compression ratio, and now it doesn't respond to mods anymore?? I'm not knocking the car. I love mine. I'm just wondering if the days of bolting on parts with no tune are gone. It looks like everything has to have a tune now to pull any power out. All I want is to get my car running consistent 11's. My original thought was the MSD intake manifold, rotofab intake, ported TB. CA performance secondary cat delete pipes, and hooker black heart cat back exhaust and a tune. I thought these mods would give a 40-50 rwhp increase but I have no clue after reading everything in these forums. Again, I'm not knocking anyone or any of the vendors. I'm just trying to understand.
Overall GM's ECU learn and adapts and will stay within a certain range for values. Overall I am very much thinking this car must have a tune to remove those limitations.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote