Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

AWE Tuning

Old 05-18-2019, 04:00 PM   #1
Clos.95

Drives: Black 1SS
AFM Won’t turn back on

Hey guys long story short got my car tuned and my Tuner disabled AFM I understand why a lot of people wouldn’t want it, but i did just for reducing drone on the highway, since my car is fully straightpiped, anyways went back twice already to have to “turned on” and it shows on HP tuners as on but won’t work in person I’ve tried triggering it as I know how to now with the gas peddle and still nothing ? What could be causing this? Also if it doesn’t work in I’ll just leave it off and be forced to get a muffler lol thanks for the feedback
Clos.95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:06 PM   #2
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
I've heard AFM will disable for some reason if you disable catalyst overtemp protection mode, even if you have the AFM button on. See if that's the problem.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:02 AM   #3
Clos.95

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
I've heard AFM will disable for some reason if you disable catalyst overtemp protection mode, even if you have the AFM button on. See if that's the problem.
Could be! Worked catless untuned then didn’t work after he cleared my CEL light thanks for the feedback!
Old 05-22-2019, 07:08 AM   #4
Kerry

Drives: 2019 2SS Camaro
I ran into the same problem in hp tuners. I downloaded the beta file from hp tuners and then it worked. I use the beta now all the time.
Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 02:02 PM   #5
squish72

Drives: 2016 2SS 8AT
Wanted to bump this and say thank you. In playing with my tune I turned that off since I don't have cats anymore and couldn't get the afm to work. I changed some other things but couldn't for the life of me figure what I did to disable the afm. Remembered I had seen this thread at one point.
squish72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:22 PM   #6
cmb263

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clos.95 View Post
Hey guys long story short got my car tuned and my Tuner disabled AFM I understand why a lot of people wouldn’t want it, but i did just for reducing drone on the highway, since my car is fully straightpiped, anyways went back twice already to have to “turned on” and it shows on HP tuners as on but won’t work in person I’ve tried triggering it as I know how to now with the gas peddle and still nothing ? What could be causing this? Also if it doesn’t work in I’ll just leave it off and be forced to get a muffler lol thanks for the feedback
I've been having trouble with my AFM too. Seems to be stuck on V8. How do you trigger it with the gas peddle?
cmb263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 12:06 AM   #7
Clos.95

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb263 View Post
I've been having trouble with my AFM too. Seems to be stuck on V8. How do you trigger it with the gas peddle?
While cruising in auto mode preferably tour mode hold the gas pedal at around 5%-10% in basically as little as you can but make sure your engaging it and hold that for around 10 seconds should come on if it doesn’t then same thing happened to me after the tune haha