Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 05-05-2019, 09:36 AM   #1
Drysideshooter

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Foam Cannon Wash

Since it was new I've tried various wash methods on my 2016 2SS vert. I've done rinsless, traditional two bucket, using a fresh mitt for each section of car, etc. Car is still beautiful and swirl free. A friend has one of the foam cannon's that goes on the garden hose. It's okay, but the foam isn't that impressive.

I ordered one of the MATCC foam cannon's and some Chemical Guys Snow Foam from Amazon to use with my gas pressure washer. My wife and I recently traveled to the other side of the state to attend a baseball game. Ended up with the typical road grime, especially on the rear. I used a gentle fan on the pressure washer to rinse some of the filth off. Then I attached the foam cannon, and after I got it adjusted it provided a beautiful, even coating of foam that felt very lubricating. I let it set for a bit and rinsed with a gentle fan from the pressure washer. The majority of the bugs and the rest of the grime came off with the rinse. I attached the foam cannon again and layed down another nice layer of foam. Let it set. While it was setting I got 6 washing mitts ready. I went over the car with the wash mitts and used a standard garden hose with a fan spray to rinse. Pulled it into the shop and used the big compressor to dry it a bit, especially the wheels, and then did my typical multi towel drying process, cleaned and dried inside the jambs, trunk, hood, etc. It looks great.

I think that will probably be my normal wash routine from now on. With typical use I doubt I'll need to do the double foam application each time, but it sure worked great. Any of the more stubborn bugs that were remaining when I used the wash mitts came off very easily. The Chemical Guys soap has a very lubricating feel to it. For the price I wasn't expecting too much from the foam cannon, but it's very adjustable and worked great. It was easy to get a foam consistency that clung to the vertical surfaces without just running off.

I guess I am a foam cannon convert. I have an RV, a boat and some other vehicles I plan to use it on as well. The one downside is I wish the mouth of the bottle was wider so it was easier to put soap in it. Nothing a small funnel doesn't take care of though.

Last edited by Drysideshooter; 05-05-2019 at 09:37 AM. Reason: typo
Drysideshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 10:52 AM   #2
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drysideshooter View Post

I guess I am a foam cannon convert. I have an RV, a boat and some other vehicles I plan to use it on as well. The one downside is I wish the mouth of the bottle was wider so it was easier to put soap in it. Nothing a small funnel doesn't take care of though.
You are supposed to put the soap in first, then dunk the bottle in a bucket of water to fill it. No foaming that way.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote