Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-16-2019, 09:54 PM   #449
Marty31

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10
What kind of 60’ times is your daughter cutting with your car?
Marty31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 10:25 PM   #450
Dixie ZL1
NOXQCES ZL1

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty31 View Post
What kind of 60’ times is your daughter cutting with your car?
Who are you asking ?
Dixie ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 10:25 PM   #451
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z650HP View Post

Also on another not, most be a tremendous amount of bad manual drivers on this thread. My 19 ZL1 is by far the easiest and smoothest manual I ever driven. You have to be one horrible driver to stall this car. Pretty sure my 16 year old who has never driven manual could operate it flawlessly.
You guys want a challenging manual, try a new shelby GT350. That thing with its helper dual spring clutch is a nightmare for smooth driving.
I’ve had a 350, that spring is ridiculous. But this is not even close to the same issue. This is pressing the gas pedal and getting nothing every now and then. I have been able to blip the throttle with the clutch in and my car just die, twice.

You kinda sound like the guys in the 350 group that still have intact motors...blame the bad motors on driver error because they don’t understand the problem.

I’m super glad you don’t have an issue, but the rest of us are trying to figure this out.
jvandy50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 10:50 PM   #452
Z650HP

Drives: 2019 Black ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvandy50 View Post
I’ve had a 350, that spring is ridiculous. But this is not even close to the same issue. This is pressing the gas pedal and getting nothing every now and then. I have been able to blip the throttle with the clutch in and my car just die, twice.

You kinda sound like the guys in the 350 group that still have intact motors...blame the bad motors on driver error because they don’t understand the problem.

I’m super glad you don’t have an issue, but the rest of us are trying to figure this out.
Well sorry to offend. I just found it comical that people were complaining about driving a manual that I find to be thee easiest to drive ever. Especially coming from the 350 where that thing was a joke to have smooth transitions from initial go or 1 to 2 up shifts. Steeda spring and perch made a world of difference in that car though.

I apologize if I was being naive not knowing of an actual problem.
Please explain what the actual problem is? Besides a little throttle response lag my car is buttery smooth in every gear. Even the little bit of lag that I find to be there is easily corrected when I drive my car, I just press the skinny pedal harder.
Z650HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:05 PM   #453
jvandy50

Quote:
Well sorry to offend. I just found it comical that people were complaining about driving a manual that I find to be thee easiest to drive ever. Especially coming from the 350 where that thing was a joke to have smooth transitions from initial go or 1 to 2 up shifts. Steeda spring and perch made a world of difference in that car though.

Please explain what the actual problem is? Besides a little throttle response lag my car is buttery smooth in every gear. Even the little bit of lag that I find to be there is easily corrected when I drive my car, I just press the skinny pedal harder.
No worries, I just am seeing similar complaints as I have and it doesn’t have anything to do with driving habits. I now have the stock TB in as Tony is gonna have me try another and his unit cleans up a lot of the issue, but not all of it, on my particular car.

You can sorta drive around it in mine if you rev the shit out of it and sound like a newb taking off. But it will still just not register anything sometimes with a quick blip on a downshift or at low rpms. Last week I pushed my pedal in 3 times quickly and the tach didn’t move lol.

Once rolling this is my favorite car ever, i was upset at first MGW wasn’t going to offer a shifter, but i don’t think I need it now. Love this tranny, just not the throttle modulation irregularities.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:21 PM   #454
Z650HP

Quote:
No worries, I just am seeing similar complaints as I have and it doesn’t have anything to do with driving habits. I now have the stock TB in as Tony is gonna have me try another and his unit cleans up a lot of the issue, but not all of it, on my particular car.

You can sorta drive around it in mine if you rev the shit out of it and sound like a newb taking off. But it will still just not register anything sometimes with a quick blip on a downshift or at low rpms. Last week I pushed my pedal in 3 times quickly and the tach didn’t move lol.

Once rolling this is my favorite car ever, i was upset at first MGW wasn’t going to offer a shifter, but i don’t think I need it now. Love this tranny, just not the throttle modulation irregularities.
Oooo man that sucks. Wish you the best with getting it figured out. I do not notice any issues.
Still I reached out tonight to Tony and I ordered the TB. He already sent me tracking info and it will be shipped out monday or tuesday. Really good customer service. Hope is TB is as good as his service.
Also ordered one of his t shirts.
I specified to him I didn't want a super aggressive one as I won't be tuning. He is sending me one some where in the middle of conservative and aggressive he said.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:30 AM   #455
BSR-1

Drives: 17 ZL1 M6 Black
Quote:

It just cuts power. It's got nothing to do with how you are moving the pedals or how good you are at using a manual transmission.

Old 06-17-2019, 06:53 AM   #456
jvandy50

Quote:
Oooo man that sucks. Wish you the best with getting it figured out. I do not notice any issues.
Still I reached out tonight to Tony and I ordered the TB. He already sent me tracking info and it will be shipped out monday or tuesday. Really good customer service. Hope is TB is as good as his service.
Also ordered one of his t shirts.
I specified to him I didn't want a super aggressive one as I won't be tuning. He is sending me one some where in the middle of conservative and aggressive he said.
Thank ya sir. And yes, he has AWESOME customer service. After having the stock unit back in and seeing how bad it is, I honestly don't think this is Tony's problem to fix. I believe my car is having software issues. But, he wanted to try to remedy it anyway and I will run this part whether I stay stock or end up tuning. It's a nice part and simple swap.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:55 AM   #457
Kmeleon

Drives: 2018 NFG 2SS 1LE!
Quote:

My 1st TMTB is on it's way back to him as well. Just like we discussed a couple weeks back, tip in throttle is just very sporadic..sometimes its there, sometimes it does nothing. And then right after letting the clutch fully out it just falls on it's face unless I REALLY lean on the throttle....it especially runs like crap when pulling out before the car warms up in the morning with the 1st TMTB.

I now have the stock TB back in and it runs much better right now, but the question is...how long is it going to last? I noticed immediately that it no longer falls on it's face after releasing the clutch. Very strange. We'll see if Tony can work his magic on a 2nd TB for me and make me smile.

Again, nothing against Tony and his product, there may be something else going on with the car.
Kmeleon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 03:19 PM   #458
angryBits

Drives: ZL1 1LE A10
I just purchased a Soler Engineering Throttle Body which is getting a lot of good reviews and claims to improve this problem beyond the TMTB.

The info that sold me on trying the Soler Engineering TB is here:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=556601

Not a lot of info on Camaro6, but CorvetteForums has some very positive reviews.

I'll post back once I receive it and have tried it out.
I still have my Tony Mamo TB so I will be able to do a direct comparison.

Current: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Mods: MPS4s Tires | Borla Atak | CF Steering Wheel
Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500
angryBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 03:23 PM   #459
angryBits

Drives: ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmeleon View Post
My 1st TMTB is on it's way back to him as well. Just like we discussed a couple weeks back, tip in throttle is just very sporadic..sometimes its there, sometimes it does nothing. And then right after letting the clutch fully out it just falls on it's face unless I REALLY lean on the throttle....it especially runs like crap when pulling out before the car warms up in the morning with the 1st TMTB.

I now have the stock TB back in and it runs much better right now, but the question is...how long is it going to last? I noticed immediately that it no longer falls on it's face after releasing the clutch. Very strange. We'll see if Tony can work his magic on a 2nd TB for me and make me smile.

Again, nothing against Tony and his product, there may be something else going on with the car.
If you read back a month or two, you'll find my post which sounds very much like yours.

Unfortunately not all of these cars are identical and some of us don't see the same benefit.

I think the TMTB is a great product and Tony has among the best customer service I've seen. Tony is pretty good about working with the customer to tune the throttle body to your needs.

Current: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Mods: MPS4s Tires | Borla Atak | CF Steering Wheel
Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500
angryBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:50 PM   #460
Z650HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryBits View Post
I just purchased a Soler Engineering Throttle Body which is getting a lot of good reviews and claims to improve this problem beyond the TMTB.

The info that sold me on trying the Soler Engineering TB is here:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=556601

Not a lot of info on Camaro6, but CorvetteForums has some very positive reviews.

I'll post back once I receive it and have tried it out.
I still have my Tony Mamo TB so I will be able to do a direct comparison.
The problem isn't Tony mamo. Its your car. Drinking the kool aid from another vendor is not going to be your magic potion.
However whatever gets you through the night is what you should do.
GL
Old 06-20-2019, 06:45 AM   #461
Kmeleon

Drives: 2018 NFG 2SS 1LE!
Quote:
The problem isn't Tony mamo. Its your car. Drinking the kool aid from another vendor is not going to be your magic potion.
However whatever gets you through the night is what you should do.
GL
Well my car is stock so I'm not really sure what you mean by that. Do you have some advice on how to fix the issue? I'm working with Tony to try and get the car to run better on his TB's....the first one seems to have made it worse. The car runs great after it gets rolling, but getting it going from a standstill is my issue along with many others.
Kmeleon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 08:14 AM   #462
Z650HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmeleon View Post
Well my car is stock so I'm not really sure what you mean by that. Do you have some advice on how to fix the issue? I'm working with Tony to try and get the car to run better on his TB's....the first one seems to have made it worse. The car runs great after it gets rolling, but getting it going from a standstill is my issue along with many others.
You replied and quoted my post. Was it addressed to you?
I haven't been in your car or experienced what you car is doing. So no real advice to offer. Could be to much of an aggressive port, could be driver error, or maybe its just a lemon of a car and or software problems.
When you say many others is that really the case? No it's not, the fact is you are a minority. One of a few that can be counted on less then one hand. The other hundreds of customers are singing zippy do da still.
Good luck with your car. Sucks when you can't just enjoy it. Its why modding is a dangerous game.
I sometimes wonder as helpful as forums are, if they do more damage then good.
For one thing they definitely hurt your wallet.