Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-11-2019, 01:06 PM   #15
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
That's odd my gerbil works perfectly on my grille. I agree the wheel barrels are too deep for the gerbil, which is how they market it. IMO it's far better for grillework.

Well sorry at least you tried and at least the gerbil brush is relatively cheap. Yeah a stiffer brush may help but if you've got something stuck on your grille (bugs?
water spots?) that's not coming off with soap+water and light agitation from the gerbil brush, it may not come off with a stiffer/bristle brush either. If you go with a pressure washer, make sure NOT to spray directly onto the radiator/intercooler fins or you'll wreck 'em. Kirk's Tornador idea sounds like a good one for softening up sun-baked bugs, etc. If it's more water spot related, you could also try a chemical approach: bug-n-tar remover, water spot remover/vinegar/CLR, etc.

But just keep trying, you'll figure it out
The tornador looks like it may be helpful, but unfortunately I live in an apartment and I can't have any big air compressors, I don't even have a outside water faucet and that's part of the problem is I have no where to take care of my car. I am thinking most of the dirtyness I am seeing on my grill is permanent damage from rock chips and bugs. I guess in order to have a clean car you can't drive in the rain or on the highway and you have to cover your car at all times when not in use. I've tried all different kinds of waxes and rubbing compounds and clay bars and synthetic clay bars. I think my best approach is to just keep trying to mask it and draw attention away from it.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote