Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 06-02-2020, 08:43 AM   #1
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Android Auto Stopped Working

It used to work, but now it doesn't. When I connect the phone via USB, it says to connect a device via USB. I've tried 2 different cables to make sure it wasn't a pinched cable. I assume it's a software issue and maybe some others have run into it?

My phone is a LG V20. Android Auto Version 5.3.501644-release

Any help solving this issue would be appreciated before I have to turn to the dealer.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:24 AM   #2
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
I am using a Samsung S10+ on the same release of AA as you with no issues. I would check a couple of things 1st.

plug the phone in, goes it respond and does AA auto launch? Does the phone give you the option to manage your USB connection from the top menu? You may need to uninstall AA and reinstall it again.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 09:47 AM   #3
foshjowler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T, 91 Miata
The issue is almost certainly on the phone side. First step is to restart the phone. Occasionally AA won't launch for me, and a simple restart has always solved it. If that doesn't work, then try to uninstall and reinstall AA. If it's still not working maybe try a factory reset of your phone. You can also try a factory reset of the head unit.

Android Auto is run on the phone and just mirrored to the car's head unit. I've actually never heard of an issue with AA on the car's side, it's always been something done with the cord or on the phone that has solved issues.

Youtube Channel

foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 11:03 AM   #4
DaveC113

Thanks guys!

Looks like last time AA updated something weird happened and simply restarting my phone worked. I actually tried deleting and reinstalling the AA app and that didn't work, my phone also needed a restart.

Dammit, now I feel old for not even trying to restart my phone! But super happy AA is working again, and the new version looks nice!
Old 06-02-2020, 11:16 AM   #5
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
In general, I'd recommend restarting electronics once in a while. For my smartphone, I would do it once every week or so. It's more frequent on my laptop, every 3 to 4 days is the maximum.

Programs leave behind trash and may not clear the memory of your devices as intended, and over time it will clog up and start to do strange things. Restarting flushes the system and clears the memory.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 11:45 AM   #6
foshjowler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T, 91 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
Thanks guys!

Looks like last time AA updated something weird happened and simply restarting my phone worked. I actually tried deleting and reinstalling the AA app and that didn't work, my phone also needed a restart.

Dammit, now I feel old for not even trying to restart my phone! But super happy AA is working again, and the new version looks nice!
Don't feel bad, I'm 25 and definitely factory reset my phone before restarting it when my AA stopped working once. I've started to try to restart my phone every now and then. It was easier with a Samsung phone because those have an option to do scheduled restarts.

Youtube Channel

foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 11:56 AM   #7
DaveC113

Yeah, the most obvious solution is not always obvious, lol...

I do restart my computers regularly but have neglected to do the same with my phone.