1LE76G

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
It does look alot better! Lol
1LE76G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 02:58 PM   #3
Roostie
all it takes is cash

Drives: 2018 LS V6 1LE; E350 wagon; Model3
Last Sunday at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway, I spoke to the ZL1 Addons founder/owner about my plain tow hook. I got their rock guards and jack point pads, but couldn't pull the trigger on the tow hook. But it's a lovely piece of car jewelry.

The ZL1 Addons hook is also convenient, because you can leave it screwed in, whereas the OEM hook sticks out, so I remove it before leaving the track.
Roostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 05:53 PM   #4
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostie View Post
Last Sunday at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway, I spoke to the ZL1 Addons founder/owner about my plain tow hook. I got their rock guards and jack point pads, but couldn't pull the trigger on the tow hook. But it's a lovely piece of car jewelry.

The ZL1 Addons hook is also convenient, because you can leave it screwed in, whereas the OEM hook sticks out, so I remove it before leaving the track.
Yeah my car will never see the street again.
I just ripped out the AC, trashed the heavy ass mufflers, ditched stock heavy flywheel for Katech flywheel, also ditched Magi suspension. All together I am hoping that the car lost ~75lbs. I called Optic Armour to see if the make polycarbonate front and rear glass but no luck. That would be another 45lbs.
Guessing that my no gas weight will be 3290lbs.
NickyRacerBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 11:05 PM   #5
Roostie
all it takes is cash

Drives: 2018 LS V6 1LE; E350 wagon; Model3
My only weight savings, but it was big, was in changing from OEM 20" wheels to a square set of Apex wheels, over 40# of unsprung rotational weight. Car feels great! I have considered a lightweight battery, but there are downsides as I experienced on a previous car. Given the location of the battery, I'll probably leave it alone, at least until replacement time.
Roostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 11:25 PM   #6
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyRacerBoy View Post
Yeah my car will never see the street again.
I just ripped out the AC, trashed the heavy ass mufflers, ditched stock heavy flywheel for Katech flywheel, also ditched Magi suspension. All together I am hoping that the car lost ~75lbs. I called Optic Armour to see if the make polycarbonate front and rear glass but no luck. That would be another 45lbs.
Guessing that my no gas weight will be 3290lbs.
Hey Nicky Bobby thats damn light! Ya, ZL1addons kit is nice, but after a while it tends to rust and look like hell.
My hook does anyway. But, the stock piece is very heavy indeed! Btw there has to be a circle track shop near you that can make lighter windows for ya. Check around...
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 11:24 AM   #7
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
I guess I am fascinated with Titanium.
Haha, yeah I splurged for Ti too
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 01:40 PM   #8
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
Haha, yeah I splurged for Ti too
Hey, congrats on your recent outings btw
Old 05-30-2020, 10:26 PM   #9
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Hey Nicky Bobby thats damn light! Ya, ZL1addons kit is nice, but after a while it tends to rust and look like hell.
My hook does anyway. But, the stock piece is very heavy indeed! Btw there has to be a circle track shop near you that can make lighter windows for ya. Check around...
Yeah ive seen Optic armor in person.
Really nice as glued in and had black surrounded around the perimeter. Even an area for VIN to be viewed.
NickyRacerBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 12:07 AM   #10
TrackClub

Quote:
Yeah ive seen Optic armor in person.
Really nice as glued in and had black surrounded around the perimeter. Even an area for VIN to be viewed.
Dont know exactly what circle track guys use, but it aint expensive and is light. Glass is very heavy...
Old 05-31-2020, 07:48 AM   #11
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Hey, congrats on your recent outings btw
Thank you. Dry weather for both, just a wee bit too hot/humid for the second. Either way was fun, and for first time tracks and dusting off cob webs and rust I was okay with the starting PB's. Hope you and "Nicky Bobby" get out on track soon as well!!!
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 12:35 PM   #12
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
Thank you. Dry weather for both, just a wee bit too hot/humid for the second. Either way was fun, and for first time tracks and dusting off cob webs and rust I was okay with the starting PB's. Hope you and "Nicky Bobby" get out on track soon as well!!!
Well, fingers crossed, but dont know if i will manage any days this season, as i am far away from my ride now.
So, much will depend if we manage to do our usual summer deal or not. Much to consider in this regard incl risk of long distance travel. We shall see...
Keep on tracking! Nice to see vids of others having fun