Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-28-2020, 07:29 AM   #15
kpgreenwell

Drives: 2017 50th anniversary edition v6 A8
New vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
That's strictly a matter of personal opinion. I like a wheel that shows up. A black wheel when moving looks like a black hole. Or old black steelie spare tire wheels.
So true
kpgreenwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:41 AM   #16
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Nice car but the black rims look a lot better with that color.
Negative! The green / silver combo is perfect. I never understood the black wheel trend, where from a distance you really can't see the design details of the wheel. Might as well be running hubcaps or old school steel wheels!

Quote:
That's strictly a matter of personal opinion. I like a wheel that shows up. A black wheel when moving looks like a black hole. Or old black steelie spare tire wheels.
Exactly. I agree 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpgreenwell View Post
So true
I like the silver SS 1LE style wheels. Are those OEM that have been painted or MRR? I wish the SS split spoke design came in 1LE sizes!

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 08:17 AM   #17
oftenimitated

Drives: 2004 Honda Civic+2011 Camaro 2SS
I use the garagemate app for my garage door opener. $50 for the bluetooth device that can connect to any garage door and installs easily. No more lugging around a button or taking up space
oftenimitated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 08:22 AM   #18
kpgreenwell

Drives: 2017 50th anniversary edition v6 A8
1LE replicas

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Negative! The green / silver combo is perfect. I never understood the black wheel trend, where from a distance you really can't see the design details of the wheel. Might as well be running hubcaps or old school steel wheels!

Exactly. I agree 100%.

I like the silver SS 1LE style wheels. Are those OEM that have been painted or MRR? I wish the SS split spoke design came in 1LE sizes!
They are MRR Liquid Silver is the color. Thanks.
kpgreenwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 08:30 AM   #19
vtirocz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyDove21 View Post
Hello all,
Got her home today, nice car 'one year only green', 2SS with upgraded rims, MRC, NPP, and couple other bits and pieces. Worrying time to be buying a new car, being an automotive engineer in Detroit, but if not now then when. Happy 50th to me :-).

Came from a C5, which I sold easily at a really good price. Big part of me wanted a used Grand Sport next, but the problems that car has with bent rims put me off. I'm a Brit, and as I like to say - In UK we drive on the left of the road, and in Detroit we drive on WHAT's left of the road. These roads are not friendly to low profile rubber and soft rims.

Green is certainly a choice that splits opinion. I think it's classy, but the Camaro really has a poor choice of colors. Seems like all the cool swatches go to Corvette and the Camaro is the poor relation.

So far, love the manual transmission, the interior lighting, the HUD. Not impressed with the smell (new cars...), lack of homelink (wouldn't be a problem, but bringing a button uses up like half the cabin storage!).

See you around!
Andy
Congrats! Car looks great. Here's my solution for "Homelink" --- it's not visible at all and works perfectly for me. I had considered getting the 2SS style Homelink buttons and wiring that up, but the cost was around $200 or so if I recall correctly for the parts. I figured I'd try this 'free' solution first and it works well enough that I never bothered with installing the real Homelink buttons.
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2020, 09:14 AM   #20
AndyDove21

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS Rally Green
Quote:
I felt the same. Black wheels look okay to me in certain situation, normally when there's a bright body color, such as shock or white. Black wheels on a very dark car loses interest somehow. Just my opinion...
AndyDove21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 09:22 AM   #21
AndyDove21

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Congrats! Car looks great. Here's my solution for "Homelink" --- it's not visible at all and works perfectly for me. I had considered getting the 2SS style Homelink buttons and wiring that up, but the cost was around $200 or so if I recall correctly for the parts. I figured I'd try this 'free' solution first and it works well enough that I never bothered with installing the real Homelink buttons.
Hmm, interesting. Was just looking at that location on mine. It would prevent the wheel from being moved down, but I guess if you keep it fixed in one position it would be okay. Got to be imaginative given the lack of cabin storage!
AndyDove21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 09:55 AM   #22
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
lack of homelink (wouldn't be a problem, but bringing a button uses up like half the cabin storage!).
Wait, what? No Homelink in a 2SS? My 2016 2SS has it. I looked at the 2016 brochure and it doesn't even mention Homelink, as standard or an option, not listed anywhere. But my car has it. I would have thought it was standard on all levels above base models, or at least the highest end models.

Nice car! I like the wheels too!
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 10:00 AM   #23
vtirocz

Quote:
Hmm, interesting. Was just looking at that location on mine. It would prevent the wheel from being moved down, but I guess if you keep it fixed in one position it would be okay. Got to be imaginative given the lack of cabin storage!
I think the steering wheel can still be moved down all the way and wouldn't interfere with the remote, but the further you move it down the harder it would be to reach the button (speaking from memory). I'm really the only one that drive's the car though (wife hates it ) and always keep it in the highest position.

Old 05-28-2020, 10:14 AM   #24
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
I felt the same. Black wheels look okay to me in certain situation, normally when there's a bright body color, such as shock or white. Black wheels on a very dark car loses interest somehow. Just my opinion...
Same here, I used to not care for black wheels. I thought they just looked like spares. I went with 3 different styles with some color mixed in before I finally ended up with a black set on mine with black center caps that have a silver bowtie in the center, and I love them with my color scheme. However on many cars, I prefer the silver over black. Just depends on the color and what, if any other accent colors they may be running. Yours is looking good with silver. I just make sure to keep mine clean and shiny.

Last edited by Altered Carbon; 05-28-2020 at 10:35 AM.
Altered Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 10:29 AM   #25
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
Sharp car, hope you really enjoy it.

I also am not so big on black wheels, but it is what it is. I guess it shows my age... :-)
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 11:45 AM   #26
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:

That's true, looking like a black whole when turning is a matter of opinion.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 02:26 PM   #27
SFHess

Drives: 2016 Mystic Green Chevrolet SS
I think something other than black would good with the Rally Green, if only to provide some contrast. I would like to see some dark bronze wheels on a Rally Green Camaro.
SFHess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 06:39 PM   #28
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
Quote:
Agreed.

I'm not a black wheel fan even though my 1LE has black wheel. (At least there somewhat of a lighter colored black) I will say they do well at looking clean when dusty or at least hiding the fact that they're dirty, but it's like you're trying to hide your wheels. Back in the day it was all about stuntin your wheels and having them get noticed. I do think that of all the Camaro colors that this dark green suits black wheels the best other than maybe white.

My favorite colored wheels are silver/machined finish/polished/chrome. I used to think that those Honda Type R cars painted Championship White looked sharp with the wheels painted the same color. So did the white Saleen Mustangs. I also liked the gold/bronze wheels on the old red or black Saleen Mustangs.

Anyway nice car OP. I really dig that color on these cars. Hate that it was only a one year run of it. Reminds me of a Bullitt Mudstain.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote