Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Phastek Performance

Old 10-28-2018, 07:48 PM   #15
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
I did let her know that was the recommendation from the forum, so we are going to give that a try tomorrow for date night. . .we are going to work on the car together.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:12 AM   #16
CAMAROJET

Drives: Camaro 2016 SS2 Hyper blue
i am stuck too. any help to open the truck is welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
Car threw a nice little trick at me a few days ago. The truck clicks when I use the key fob or when I push the button on the door...but it will not unlock/unlatch.

I messed with it pushing down pretty hard...nothing. I only found out because I went to take the top down and got the message that the divider is not attached...so, I popped the trunk to fix it...except it didn’t work.

I assume the only option is to remove the back seat and go in to use the emergency latch in the trunk. Of course that will really suck with the top up.

Any other options?

Gents, I got the same issue.
However I cannot use the open trunk door panel key. It doesn't work with trunk lower button. And I cant even use the keyfob in the back seat. It is kind of stuck. I broke the key of my remote trying to pen it. I tried the second one, it is still completely stuck.
I lowered the back seat but I cant insert my hand through the foam and top pumps.

Even if I take it to the dealer, I am pretty sure he wont know what to do.

Any suggestion??

CAMAROJET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:47 AM   #17
CAMAROJET

Bump

Old 04-13-2019, 04:21 AM   #18
CAMAROJET

I tried the manual lock again and the key broke inside it. I pulled it back with pliers.

I finally removed the back seat, pushed away the convertible foam and mechanical pump, removed the velvet separation, and accessed the trunk from the inside. I pulled the emergency cable. It didn't work. I had to go all the way back to the trunk lock and turn it manually to unlock the trunk. Finally!

Then I put back eveything in order. Top working. Trunk opening. It seems the manual key didn't work because the steel cable was outside the lock. It was hold back by the left trunk junction and it was outside the lock.

So I had to put it back inside the lock to have it working. In any case now I have to put the broken key and turn it with pliers if I want to use it. Or I have to change the key foband program it.

I fixed the lock, put grease. Put back the cover and the clips. Working fine now.

Old 04-13-2019, 07:29 AM   #19
Bigdog9586

Drives: 2016 Z06 coupe
Wasn’t it under warranty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMAROJET View Post
I tried the manual lock again and the key broke inside it. I pulled it back with pliers.

I finally removed the back seat, pushed away the convertible foam and mechanical pump, removed the velvet separation, and accessed the trunk from the inside. I pulled the emergency cable. It didn't work. I had to go all the way back to the trunk lock and turn it manually to unlock the trunk. Finally!

Then I put back eveything in order. Top working. Trunk opening. It seems the manual key didn't work because the steel cable was outside the lock. It was hold back by the left trunk junction and it was outside the lock.

So I had to put it back inside the lock to have it working. In any case now I have to put the broken key and turn it with pliers if I want to use it. Or I have to change the key foband program it.

I fixed the lock, put grease. Put back the cover and the clips. Working fine now.
Bigdog9586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 05:49 PM   #20
SlickP

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
I just had this very same issue and i was able to resolve my issue by using the key extender that came with the car in the glove box or part number 84076489. All you have to do is take the key out the fob and go in the back seat press the driver side passenger seat down and put your key in the hole and put the key extender over the top of the key and turn to the right and you will hear a popping sound and the trunk will be open. Hope this helps someone out.
SlickP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 10:20 PM   #21
Plasar

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Vert M6
I have the trunk refuse to open about once every 3 or 6 months.

Luckily, some combination of the below works:
  1. Restart the car, turn off
  2. Press the driver’s door trunk release button
  3. Click lock/unlock on the key fob
Plasar is offline   Reply With Quote