Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-16-2018, 03:23 PM   #15
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Double tap while in sport or track puts the car in competitive driving mode. It will give you a little throttle over steer before stepping in. Its the in between of having it on and having it off. I've never had it be intrusive in any way while in comp mode.

All the best,

Jared
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:23 PM   #16
WhiteNight

Drives: MB 1SS
I did not experience this. I pay attention to the dash to see if the car is intervening. If it does I back it down the next time around. Your overdriving and its limiting you because its saving you. This is a great car but like everything has limits.
WhiteNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 03:00 PM   #17
bluegixxer007

Drives: Audi A4 3.2L
Thanks, but I've been taking cars to tracks for a number of years and also have race experience. Though there is a hard limit at which under certain conditions the car will lose control or it's line when you exceed the limits of grip for that car, and the various levels of nanny intervention are there to get involved sooner for more novice drivers. But, as you get more experienced, you start do use more advanced techniques like trail braking, using throttle to help with rotation, and as your technique gets better you find that you can get back on throttle much sooner around the apex and balance the power application at the limit of grip and provide enough power such that the car tracks out after apex based on being at that limit of grip. I know how much power I can apply and when to achieve the appropriate rotation and line I want. What I don't want is the nanny intervening and such that any more power is absorbed by the rear brakes and they wear prematurely. And when it's intervening, I can feel that there is still some grip left and it's intervening a little sooner than it really needed to. I just want the stabilitrack to not intervene and let me modulate the throttle appropriately, so I'm asking how to achieve that.... other than easing off the throttle.
bluegixxer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 03:20 PM   #18
WhiteNight

Drives: MB 1SS
Competition mode disables traction control and stabilitrack allows a great margin of slipping. Or you can go all off completely.
WhiteNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 05:20 PM   #19
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegixxer007 View Post
Thanks, but I've been taking cars to tracks for a number of years and also have race experience. Though there is a hard limit at which under certain conditions the car will lose control or it's line when you exceed the limits of grip for that car, and the various levels of nanny intervention are there to get involved sooner for more novice drivers.
Might want to pay extra attention the first time you go out with everything 100% off. Those past few track days may have started to "teach" you to use more throttle on corner exit than you can use for the everything-off condition.

Norm
Old 07-17-2018, 10:54 PM   #20
Marco Falcone

Drives: 2018 2SS Convertible MBM/Kal
Does Competitive Driving Mode shut off the AFM?
2018 2SS Vert. MBM/Kalahari. MRR FS01’s with 285/305 MPS4S. Black Bow ties, A8, MRC, NPP, 6-piston Brembo’s w/ matching rears, OEM Ground Effects/Splash Guards, 8”/Nav. Borla S-type, Pray IM/TB, RotoFab.

Past DD’s of note:
2013 Caprice PPV. (“Company” car.)
1998 Cadillac STS
1996 Impala SS
1969 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1993 Corvette
1991 Mustang 5.0 LX
1973 Alfa Romeo Spider
1986 Mustang GT T-top
1964 Falcon Sprint Hardtop. (First car, still have the key!)
Marco Falcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:54 PM   #21
duanestunts

Drives: 2018 ZL1
On my ZL1, I still can not figure out how to shut stability or Traction control 100% off. I can only get traction off & put in competition mode. When set to TRACK mode - even in RACE (not wet, dry, sport1, sport2), It still kicks on and over rides any bigger drifts
duanestunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 12:44 AM   #22
Marco Falcone

Drives: 2018 2SS Convertible MBM/Kal
Just a note. Competitive Mode does not disable AFM.

I pulled my Range, started the car, and put it in Comp Mode. According to the display, it switched from V4 to V8 several times depending on driving dynamics/input.
2018 2SS Vert. MBM/Kalahari. MRR FS01’s with 285/305 MPS4S. Black Bow ties, A8, MRC, NPP, 6-piston Brembo’s w/ matching rears, OEM Ground Effects/Splash Guards, 8”/Nav. Borla S-type, Pray IM/TB, RotoFab.

Past DD’s of note:
2013 Caprice PPV. (“Company” car.)
1998 Cadillac STS
1996 Impala SS
1969 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1993 Corvette
1991 Mustang 5.0 LX
1973 Alfa Romeo Spider
1986 Mustang GT T-top
1964 Falcon Sprint Hardtop. (First car, still have the key!)
Marco Falcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 02:34 PM   #23
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by duanestunts View Post
On my ZL1, I still can not figure out how to shut stability or Traction control 100% off. I can only get traction off & put in competition mode. When set to TRACK mode - even in RACE (not wet, dry, sport1, sport2), It still kicks on and over rides any bigger drifts
Have you pressed and held the TC button for 7+ seconds? Thats how you turn everything 100% off. If you don't do that, the car assumes that you still want it to save you if you push things too far. With everything off, you're on your own.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote