Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-07-2016, 06:38 PM   #15
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfly View Post
The 2SS stereo IS an upgrade to the 1SS. In fact, I believe it's the same stereo that my Silverado High Country had in it sans the woofer.
I'm not disputing that the 2SS has an upgraded Bose system. My comment was that I thought the 1SS came with a Bose unit as well (with less speakers)
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 07:22 PM   #16
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
Do yourself a favor and DONT SIT IN THE 2SS leather , once you do you will see how amazing it is and you won't want the 1SS seats! to me its such high quality interior that feels so good to drive in feels like the bat mobile
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 07:56 PM   #17
YellowFin

Drives: 2016 Colorado Z71
I believe the 2SS is a 9 speaker Bose system, not 7 speaker (except in convertible which is 7).
2010 Camaro SS

Current:
2016 Chevy Colorado 4X4 Z71 in black
2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS in red
YellowFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:02 PM   #18
JFM-jr

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Does the 1SS come with a heated steering wheel?
ARH 1 7/8 longtubes hi flow cats AFM deleted E85
11.0@124.9
11.65@118.8 pump gas,stock tune/exhaust
New combo: Pray Performance Heads/cam
MSD intake manifold and Circle D 3C
554/491 on E85 all work & tuning done by Pray
JFM-jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:55 PM   #19
usmcfiredog

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFM-jr View Post
Does the 1SS come with a heated steering wheel?
No it does not.
Low Gloss Black 5 Spoke
usmcfiredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:19 PM   #20
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
DONT REGRET AT ALL, getting the 2ss. VERY much worth it IMO.. You are paying for the technology aspect of it
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 12:18 AM   #21
xmonger

Drives: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMAR0STEVE View Post
I think the 1ss was the better value. I didn't need the heads up, navi I never used in my impala and I didn't really care about the heated and air cooled seats although I did love those in the past. My biggest things I miss is the Bose and the blind spot/cross traffic. Other than that I'm good. All I wanted was the NPP and 6 speed manual. I added factory leather to my 1ss
How did you add factory leather to the 1SS? or did you mean aftermarket leather like katzkin? If so, any pics?
xmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 05:57 AM   #22
CAMAR0STEVE

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
It's aftermarket katzkin but it is the same style as the factory adrenaline red. Kattzkin makes a kit for the camaro that has all the factory colors. Here's a link to my thread. Keep in mind this is a picture the day I picked it up. I'm going to update the pictures. It's been about a week and a half now so it's got a lot tighter. I also did a mink oil treatment to them as well so they look a lot better.
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...ng+add+leather
CAMAR0STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 06:08 AM   #23
nvrsatisfied

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by formoutofchaos View Post
Do yourself a favor and DONT SIT IN THE 2SS leather , once you do you will see how amazing it is and you won't want the 1SS seats! to me its such high quality interior that feels so good to drive in feels like the bat mobile
I drove/sat in several, I still ordered the 1SS. You can get aftermarket leather if that was your only preference in the 2SS. I'm very happy with mine and my opinion is the only one that matters to me.
nvrsatisfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 06:09 AM   #24
nvrsatisfied

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMAR0STEVE View Post
It's aftermarket katzkin but it is the same style as the factory adrenaline red. Kattzkin makes a kit for the camaro that has all the factory colors. Here's a link to my thread. Keep in mind this is a picture the day I picked it up. I'm going to update the pictures. It's been about a week and a half now so it's got a lot tighter. I also did a mink oil treatment to them as well so they look a lot better.
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...ng+add+leather
That looks great, nice ride!
nvrsatisfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 06:12 AM   #25
CAMAR0STEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrsatisfied View Post
I drove/sat in several, I still ordered the 1SS. You can get aftermarket leather if that was your only preference in the 2SS. I'm very happy with mine and my opinion is the only one that matters to me.
That was it for me. I really only needed leather. I'm leasing so in 3 years I don't get any of these features so couldn't justify the payment for them when I barley used them in my last car. I was I love with the adrenaline red interior never had anything like that before so that's why I spend the $599 ( $12 more a month ) to add the leather.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:13 AM   #26
EstebanVerde

Drives: 16 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by formoutofchaos View Post
Bat mobile is exactly what it feels like to be inside of this car. I've used that term many times. It's an awesome place to be. If part of you wants a little bit of luxury and you can afford it get the 2SS. Here's my opinion on the 2SS features after owning mine for a bit.

Leather - was a must have

Spectrum lighting - was excited to get it, but I don't use it it just looks washed out when it's light outside. Maybe I will when it's darker out at night in the winter....

Blind spot monitor - didn't think I needed it. Now after owning it I really appreciate this feature and I'd almost call it a must have

Memory seats - Really nice to know I can let my wife drive the car and get back to my exact seating position. Also really like the exit feature where it moves the seat back automatically when I go to get out

Heated seats -not needed in Florida

Dual climate zone- definitely something I wanted and glad to not have to debate what temperature we want the car to be

Speakers -they are good, but don't strike me as anything amazing

One thing that no one mentions that is a nice touch is the leather and stitching on the upper door sill area. I think it only comes on the 2SS and 2lt w/ convenience/lighting it's a small thing but it really improves the look and feel imo

Last edited by EstebanVerde; 04-08-2016 at 10:50 AM.
EstebanVerde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 07:17 AM   #27
CAMAR0STEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstebanVerde View Post
Bat mobile is exactly what it feels like to be inside of this car. I've used that term many times. It's an awesome place to be. If part of you wants a little bit of luxury and you can afford it get the 2SS. Here's my opinion on the 2SS features after owning mine for a bit.

Leather - was a must have

Spectrum lighting - was excited to get it, but I don't use it it just looks washed out when it's light outside. Maybe I will when it's darker out at night in the winter....

Blind spot monitor - didn't think I needed it. Now after owning it I really appreciate this feature and I'd almost call it a must have

Memory seats - Really nice to know I can let my wife drive the car and get back to my exact seating position. Also really like the exit feature where it moves the seat back automatically when I go to get out

Heated seats -not needed in Florida

Speakers -they are good, but don't strike me as anything amazing
Where about a in Florida are you? Yeah I didn't see the need for the spectrum lighting. Cool concept but with red interior your are limited to colors that will look good. Heated seats aren't bad for some cold Florida mornings but that's about it. Yes yes. I do miss the blind spot monitoring
Old 04-08-2016, 07:22 AM   #28
merlin803

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro 2SS
I didn't think much of it at the time that I purchased my car but for me I now think the blind spot monitoring is a must have.

The other thing that has come in handy was the dual-zone automatic climate control. Especially with me and the wife driving together on our daily commute, it is so much better than having to go back and forth with changing the temp, just set it and forget it (well, at least on my side, lol).
merlin803 is offline   Reply With Quote