Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 08-30-2021, 07:53 AM   #15
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
I hear a lot that SS lines do nothing. My personal experience with my 21 1LE was immediate firmer pedal with the goodridge lines and dot 4. Big improvement.
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 04:12 PM   #16
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
The Spiegler or Groodridge SS lines are reputable/DOT compliant options. They will add a touch more firmness to pedal feel, but not really all that much. You'll get more modulation pedal feel than firmness. I honestly wouldn't recommend SS lines unless you track a lot for that reason.

As far as pads, if you like the OE pads, but want more of a firm pedal, the Ferodo DS2500 is an option. Those are basically the race version of the OE pads. Same exact characteristics, like dust and noise, but a touch more heat tolerant and a lot less compressibility to the pads material. They last a little bit longer than the OE pads, so far I've noticed, but not much more.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 04:41 PM   #17
CallJRP

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE
I am running Giro Disc (Raybestos) ST43 pads front and rear and absolutely love them. They are quite high torque though so being smooth on the street can be a bit tough at times but you do adjust quickly. I don't drive the car every day so the brakes take a minute to get used to.

I have around 10 track days on them and they are quite easy on rotors. No grooving or anything. Even the wear isn't that bad. Noise they are very quiet. I find they only make a little squeak once they get some heat into them and when you are slowing from 5 to 0. But otherwise nothing.

I did Goodridge stainless lines. They are nice. Do they make a difference? Not at all. I just did them to do them. Not really something that is a necessity.
CallJRP is offline   Reply With Quote