Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-29-2021, 11:24 AM   #1
20Bluezl1

Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
Another zl1 to 1le conversion

So I been searching this forum and can't find the threads a read way back with part numbers and quantity. I know Wild hammer his a kit but not sure if I can get parts cheaper online. Also looking to go with the APR GTC 300 wing. Anyone have any thoughts on the wing? Any info would be appreciated.
20Bluezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 12:55 PM   #2
SCCAForums

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro, Ford Mustang
How 'ZLE' converting do you want to go?

I have done the full ZL1 to ZL1 1LE conversion, and the list is long if you want to go 100% conversion.

If you just want the front bumper items and rear wing... that's pretty straight foward.

Best regards,
Dave
Old 08-29-2021, 01:44 PM   #3
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
ZL1 Addons has some aero pieces also I believe.
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 01:54 PM   #4
20Bluezl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCAForums View Post
How 'ZLE' converting do you want to go?

I have done the full ZL1 to ZL1 1LE conversion, and the list is long if you want to go 100% conversion.

If you just want the front bumper items and rear wing... that's pretty straight foward.

Best regards,
Dave
So I have done 1le solid rear cradle bushing, full spl rear parts and Vorshlag camber plates for now. Not going DSSV because most likely going to Vorshlag, dsc controller + tractive rt or Detroit coilovers.

Looking for aero for now front fascia and maybe APR GTC 300 wing. So it would be alot of help if I can get the accurate part numbers for the front aero parts.
Old 08-29-2021, 03:19 PM   #5
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Here you go. I followed this thread and ordered the parts from the same site mentioned in there.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=585269
Old 08-29-2021, 04:38 PM   #6
20Bluezl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
Here you go. I followed this thread and ordered the parts from the same site mentioned in there.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=585269
Thank you that is the thread I was trying to find. It's s funny I actually posted on that thread.
Old 08-29-2021, 04:55 PM   #7
SCCAForums

Enjoy the conversion!

Also, I'm in a pretty heated battle with ZL1 Addons... for their FAULTY parts... and would recommend STAYING AWAY if at all possible.

You'll also want the ZLE diff controller, and if your car is an Auto, there is a ZLE trans pan. Also, front lower control arm (caster adjustment) is different on ZLE.

Best regards,
Dave
Old 08-29-2021, 05:42 PM   #8
20Bluezl1

Quote:
Enjoy the conversion!

Also, I'm in a pretty heated battle with ZL1 Addons... for their FAULTY parts... and would recommend STAYING AWAY if at all possible.

You'll also want the ZLE diff controller, and if your car is an Auto, there is a ZLE trans pan. Also, front lower control arm (caster adjustment) is different on ZLE.

Best regards,
Dave
Front control arm am going with SPL. Tell me move about this Diff controller first time I hear about it. Also I read about the trans pan it has less capacity and shorter pick up I think. Do you have part numbers?
Old 08-29-2021, 06:23 PM   #9
SCCAForums

I'll have to find the part #'s for the pan. I don't remember if it was bigger, or smaller, but know it was unique to the ZLE. Pickup's are the same... it's the 'fill tube' that is different, which allows for the ZLE to run with more or less fluid. If you need an A10 ZLE vin, shoot me a PM and I'll share my buddies info and you can call any dealer to order the ZLE pan.

The Diff Controller for the ZLE has better lock up features for cornering. Unfortunately you can't just 'order one' via the VIN, since they are programmed to the car. If you keep an eye out for wrecked ZLE's... you can usually get all the body controllers for around $250 from eBay/others.

Best regards,
Dave
Old 08-29-2021, 06:39 PM   #10
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
You sure you don't want to just sell your "ZL1" and buy an actual "ZLE" if that's what you want? Not being a downer, just seen a lot of these conversions not go right and end up being much more expensive than selling and buying.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 07:29 PM   #11
20Bluezl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
You sure you don't want to just sell your "ZL1" and buy an actual "ZLE" if that's what you want? Not being a downer, just seen a lot of these conversions not go right and end up being much more expensive than selling and buying.
I did power mods to my car already and also if I go with a ZLE I most likely end up changing the suspension parts for SPL and also DSSV to aftermarket coilovers like some guys have done. So pretty much I would buy a ZLE for thinner glass, aero ( which I'm installing), vented brake pistons that some guys have changed but don't see any other benefits. I might be wrong.
Old 08-29-2021, 07:33 PM   #12
20Bluezl1

Quote:
I'll have to find the part #'s for the pan. I don't remember if it was bigger, or smaller, but know it was unique to the ZLE. Pickup's are the same... it's the 'fill tube' that is different, which allows for the ZLE to run with more or less fluid. If you need an A10 ZLE vin, shoot me a PM and I'll share my buddies info and you can call any dealer to order the ZLE pan.

The Diff Controller for the ZLE has better lock up features for cornering. Unfortunately you can't just 'order one' via the VIN, since they are programmed to the car. If you keep an eye out for wrecked ZLE's... you can usually get all the body controllers for around $250 from eBay/others.

Best regards,
Dave

Thank you found this thread not sure if it's accurate but seems like he did the same mod. Post 54

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...ans+pan&page=4
Old 08-29-2021, 07:59 PM   #13
SCCAForums

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Bluezl1 View Post
Thank you found this thread not sure if it's accurate but seems like he did the same mod. Post 54

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...ans+pan&page=4
Yeah, and my guess on the reduction in capacity is due to fluid expansion when extreme temps while on track.

Best regards,
Dave