Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-25-2018, 11:33 PM   #5769
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
I like the wheels, they look great What's with all that LT1 badging, thoguh, did you do an engine swap?
^^This^^
Old 08-26-2018, 03:50 AM   #5770
Camaro SV

Drives: Camaro 1LT V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Means to tint them so they look smoked or replace them with smoked lenses.

No on the white letters.

If u really like the lambo look, get some rear wi dow louvers. They have some that have an aventador look.

Personally, I think copying super cars is cheesy, no matter what, it's still a Camaro. But if you like it, go for it!

Thank you for your thoughts buddy! oh you mean the red and orange markers beside the wheels? I agree it might make it more stealth I guess..

I really think the white tyre lettering will add some character to the overall look. However, not so sure about it yet. Below an example. Just imagine it installed. I think you are right. I am not directly copying the aventador, I just used it as inspiration for the look. Its not like I stick a lamborghini badge on the trunk and slapped an SV decal lol so ya I agree with you

Camaro SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 06:31 AM   #5771
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
De-badged.
Attached Images

ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 07:56 AM   #5772
CH.CRAFT

Drives: 2018 HOT WHEELS SS 6 SPEED COUPE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18LTLoveIt View Post
Storms brewing, took my Clinton/Kaine 2016 magnet off trunk (paper underneath so magnet doesn't fuse to the paint. It happened once on my 2008 Stang with my round GOBAMA magnet).
FUNNY STUFF RIGHT THERE !
CH.CRAFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 05:54 PM   #5773
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Blacked out the lights in the new vert! Thanks Matt & Wildhammer Motorsports!
Attached Images

Old 08-29-2018, 04:50 PM   #5774
Camaro SV

Drives: Camaro 1LT V6
Here's another pic of my modded Camaro. Should I go with racing stripes? Pirelli tyre letters? roof scoop? any suggestions? oh and if I were to post a video to the forum of the sound and acceleration of the car, which subforum do I post that?

[IMG][/IMG]
Camaro SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:14 PM   #5775
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Attended a community celebration with a new sign under the hood

Several of the car shows I've been to lately have included cars with signs taped to the windshields with details about the car. I thought that was kind of tacky looking, so here's my $4 solution: a Word doc mounted upside-down in a easel-style picture frame from Staples, Hobby Lobby, etc. Both the 8 x 10 and 5 x 7 sizes fit on top of the fusebox, and the "base" of the frame fits into the "slot" at the top of the fusebox so it won't blow away. Both sizes also fit on the panel in front of the radiator.

I was surprised at how many people commented on how cool the sign looked and wanted to know where to buy one or how to put it together. Besides being cheap, you can customize the wording for each show or situation.

50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 09:11 AM   #5776
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
De-badged.
Out of curiosity and no criticism intended, what's with the de-badging thing?

I can see taking off the dealer badge, I did that right away. But why take off the Camaro emblem, or even worse the SS badge? I mean if I were driving a Hyundai I would want to de-badge everything that would come off it, but de-badging an SS I don't understand.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:35 AM   #5777
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post

I can see taking off the dealer badge, I did that right away. But why take off the Camaro emblem, or even worse the SS badge? I mean if I were driving a Hyundai I would want to de-badge everything that would come off it, but de-badging an SS I don't understand.

Cleaner look and besides it's easier too detail the car. Of course, if you're into those sorts of things.

Memories:

2017 50th Anniversary Camaro Convertible (Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper (Sold)
2005 Lingenfelter Corvette (Sold)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (Sold)
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:48 AM   #5778
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
I love the heritage badge on the fenders but with my red hash marks they kinda clashed. It’s personal preference and I think it looks a lot cleaner without the badges.
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 12:51 PM   #5779
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
De-badged.
Quote:

Quote:
I love the heritage badge on the fenders but with my red hash marks they kinda clashed. It’s personal preference and I think it looks a lot cleaner without the badges.
Wonder if ssmike could sell the badges to Mendicino…
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 01:07 PM   #5780
lawguy85

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:

Counterpoints:
-It's a Chevrolet, you say Hyundai with derision, others would say the same about Chevy. Both middle of the road brands these days.
-In the range of Camaro costs, the SS is solidly in the middle, so I'm not even sure a SS badge means all that much when a ZL1 1LE exists.
-The badges look thrown on/lack cohesiveness.
-The bowtie looks silly.
-The heritage badge I could take or leave, but certainly won't leave if I take off the others.

Maybe I'm weird, but I drive what I like, not to impress others. And if I were trying to impress others, it wouldn't be the type of person who knows the difference in Camaro trims (spoiler alert: that group isn't likely to include many 25-35yo women). Will likely de-badge as well when I get a free weekend.
lawguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 01:09 PM   #5781
Biscuit.fr

Drives: Red hot ZL1 A10 2017
3 mods on my gen 6 ZL1:

-CAI Rotofab Dry,
-Elite 2X dual Catch Can,
-ADM perf extra coolant reservoir for the supercharger.

Biscuit.fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 01:23 PM   #5782
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy85 View Post
Counterpoints:
-It's a Chevrolet, you say Hyundai with derision, others would say the same about Chevy. Both middle of the road brands these days.
-In the range of Camaro costs, the SS is solidly in the middle, so I'm not even sure a SS badge means all that much when a ZL1 1LE exists.
-The badges look thrown on/lack cohesiveness.
-The bowtie looks silly.
-The heritage badge I could take or leave, but certainly won't leave if I take off the others.

Maybe I'm weird, but I drive what I like, not to impress others. And if I were trying to impress others, it wouldn't be the type of person who knows the difference in Camaro trims (spoiler alert: that group isn't likely to include many 25-35yo women). Will likely de-badge as well when I get a free weekend.
Well I'm going to respectfully disagree with you, Chevy and Hyundai are in no way similar. As far as I know Hyundai doesn't have any decent trucks or sports cars. They're new to the automotive scene and don't have the history that Chevy does. Name a collectible Hyundai. Have they produced something similar to the 57 Chevy, 56 Chevy truck, 37 Chevy truck, Chevelle SS, 67 Camaro. Who on this board has lusted after a 'classic' Hyundai Excel? Comparing those two brands is asinine.

I feel pretty comfortable that the vast majority of car enthusiasts in this country would agree with me on that.

Chevy Camaro SS may be in the middle with respect to costs, but an SS badge on a 2018 Camaro definitely says look out Hemi, look out Coyote, the king is coming through. Add a 1LE and you're truly running with the big dogs, so those badges definitely mean something.

I like my black bowties and the red SS emblems, in fact I'll probably buy some SS caps for my rims.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote