Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-21-2020, 09:06 AM   #15
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
Then today as I turned right on a major road near my house a massive Duramax proceeded to go by on my left. The guy floored floored it right when he got next to me and took off spewing exhaust and rocks everywhere. Hood wrap took most of the damage, but there are a few chips in the fron bumper and on all four quarter panels. Already touched a couple but it doesn’t look good. Arggggghhh.
I feel your frustration but join the crowd as I have some places on my ZL1 and also a door ding that can be seen. We drive our Camaros so it should be expected that some road rash will happen. Is it avoidable? Yes if we keep our cars in the garages and don’t drive them but I enjoy driving my ZL1 and bought it to do just that, drive and enjoy!👍
Old 09-21-2020, 09:38 AM   #16
Kmeleon

Drives: 2018 NFG 2SS 1LE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
I recommend the Dr ColorChip method where you dab and smear the paint then rub it out with the supplied solvent. Best stuff I've ever used.
Yup, great stuff! My car is wrapped but unfortunately one day I was driving down a country road and a guy was on a riding mower and shot a stone at the door....nothing you can do sometimes. But Dr Colorchip made it barely noticeable.
Kmeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 09:50 AM   #17
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
I feel your frustration but join the crowd as I have some places on my ZL1 and also a door ding that can be seen. We drive our Camaros so it should be expected that some road rash will happen. Is it avoidable? Yes if we keep our cars in the garages and don’t drive them but I enjoy driving my ZL1 and bought it to do just that, drive and enjoy!👍
This situation wasn't the result of normal road rash though. It was the result of some jerk in a big truck that pelted his car with rocks on purpose from his big tires. It's another 2-3 years of regular road rash happening in several seconds.

I realize there's not much you can do in a situation like this. However, the states can make it mandatory to have mudflaps on trucks that are lifted beyond a certain height and wheels sticking out beyond a certain point. I think a few states have laws regarding this, but it should mandatory for all 50.

Unfortunately, a law is only as good as the enforcement. I see so many car and trucks around here with limo tint it's unbelievable. The laws states you can't any aftermarket tint on the front windows or windshield around here, but I see it all the time. I even saw one guy who had limo tint on his windshield. How he was able to get away with this or even see driving at night baffles me. Especially in a state (Cali) that's strict about window tint.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:01 AM   #18
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
The car is a weekend driver that usually sits in the garage. Also it’s rarely on the highway so I did not think I would need to PPF. I guess I was wrong. As far as this incident, yeah arguably it should not have happened.
Coincidentally there’s another thread about some of these cars drawing attention— I guess it worked for me in a negative way! As soon as the idiot saw me he went lunatic!
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:16 AM   #19
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
This situation wasn't the result of normal road rash though. It was the result of some jerk in a big truck that pelted his car with rocks on purpose from his big tires. It's another 2-3 years of regular road rash happening in several seconds.

I realize there's not much you can do in a situation like this. However, the states can make it mandatory to have mudflaps on trucks that are lifted beyond a certain height and wheels sticking out beyond a certain point. I think a few states have laws regarding this, but it should mandatory for all 50.

Unfortunately, a law is only as good as the enforcement. I see so many car and trucks around here with limo tint it's unbelievable. The laws states you can't any aftermarket tint on the front windows or windshield around here, but I see it all the time. I even saw one guy who had limo tint on his windshield. How he was able to get away with this or even see driving at night baffles me. Especially in a state (Cali) that's strict about window tint.
Yeah I realize what happened in his situation mikeman and I was only speaking in general. Someone dinged my door and knew they did it but I don’t know who and when it happened. Most of the lifted truck owners here where I live are jerks but some are car enthusiasts like us also. I really hate those jacked up trucks because you can’t see thru them or in front if you are driving behind one. Every one of us takes a chance every time we drive our Camaros they can be damaged by something beyond our control you know.
Old 09-21-2020, 10:24 AM   #20
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post

I agree that [lack of] enforcement is the key. To compound matters, trying to file a claim through insurance can become a dispute between the parties where the actual responsible party simply says "prove it was me" and you're done.

When I was a kid, one of the people that lived up the street from me had a Chevelle that he drove way too fast down the road. One of the neighbors got sick and tired of it and lodged a complaint with the police and then filed charges. He lost the case because he was off by about 15 minutes as to the time of day the incident in question occurred and the other party was able to show that he was still at work at that time.

Sadly, everything is about proving guilt, so having a dash cam is about the best option for many things like this (although you had also better be a very responsible driver because that same footage that shows an accident could also demonstrate that you're speeding or similar).
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote