Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-14-2022, 10:12 PM   #1
Zybane

Drives: Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
ZL1 1LE used purchase / inspection thoughts

Hey guys I'm picking this car up on Saturday and please let me know if there is anything in particular to check. I'm a car guy that works on my cars so I check all the primary stuff, thinking more like specific stuff/idiosyncrasies with this version to look at in particular.

Going to bring a flashlight and try and jack her up to check the under side before signing on the dotted line.

https://www.teamtraciclub.com/invent...FJ1R67K0134469

Mods:

Borla Atak Exhaust,
Kooks Long Tube Headers,
103mm Throttle Body,
DSX Crank Pulley,
Roto-fab CAI,
Banks iDash Super Gauge,
Anderson Carbon Fiber Hood,
Led Side Marker lamps,
Flow Forged 20x10 Diamond Wheels wrapped in Michelin 4S tires,
tuned to 93 pump gas for 670 RWHP.

https://www.facebook.com/BlevinsTuni...76495392474919

https://scontent-atl3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...xg&oe=62D690CE

Last edited by Zybane; 07-14-2022 at 10:25 PM.
Zybane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 11:20 PM   #2
Revalot

Drives: ZL1/1LE parts added
Location: Somewhere around Texas pines tress and smooth asphalt
I can't say anything about the car, But the salesman is Chevydude on YouTube, He is one of the few honest and truthful guy,s in the car business, I would buy a car from him. He worked for a big chevy dealership and kept it 100% with everyone !

Last edited by Revalot; 07-14-2022 at 11:39 PM.
Revalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 11:44 PM   #3
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Looks like a nice build. Odd move, IMHO, to put larger wheels that are an inch less wide up front and two inches skinnier in the rear. Also would prefer the stock hood.

Obviously won't come with a warranty with those mods and the dyno tune.

He says in the video it has every option except sunroof. It doesn't have the carbon fiber instrument panel. I'd check for PDR if that's important to you.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 07:11 AM   #4
Stevezx900

Drives: Buick Grand National, BMW M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir02 View Post
Looks like a nice build. Odd move, IMHO, to put larger wheels that are an inch less wide up front and two inches skinnier in the rear. Also would prefer the stock hood.

He says in the video it has every option except sunroof. It doesn't have the carbon fiber instrument panel. I'd check for PDR if that's important to you.

I believe sunroof is not an option on the ZL1 1LE.
They didn’t make the 1LE with Sunroof.
Stevezx900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 07:17 AM   #5
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevezx900 View Post
I believe sunroof is not an option on the ZL1 1LE.
They didn’t make the 1LE with Sunroof.
That's right. I was just quoting what he said in the video.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
Old 07-15-2022, 07:26 AM   #6
Zybane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revalot View Post
I can't say anything about the car, But the salesman is Chevydude on YouTube, He is one of the few honest and truthful guy,s in the car business, I would buy a car from him. He worked for a big chevy dealership and kept it 100% with everyone !
Ya with my dealing with him so far about the car, definitely seems like a straight shooter.

Quote:

Good catch, I didn't even notice that he said 20x10 as in if that meant all four wheels. But upon further investigation, it appears the rears are 315/30/20's. So only 10mm narrower than stock. That tire requires 10.5 to 11.5 width rims, which a 10" rim in the rear wouldn't fit.

I did find online that the wheels can be had in staggered:

https://www.elementwheels.com/wheels...ck-flow-forged

20x10 up front and 20x11 rear. Considering in the photo's that the wheel width looks correct for a 315mm tire and the tire not bulging out from the rim width, that the rear wheel IMO is not a 10" rim. Almost certainly has to be a 11" rim. I don't think someone that put this much effort into the car would gimp it with 10" wide wheels in the back. Hopefully

Pic showing the rear wheel width vs 315 rear tire width:

https://content.homenetiol.com/20021...e523de1b32.jpg

Pic showing the tire size:

https://content.homenetiol.com/20021...f8ee509e68.jpg

Now I just need to find out come tire replacement if I get stick 325's back there again on an 20x11 and not hit the DSSV's.
Old 07-15-2022, 07:34 AM   #7
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zybane View Post
Good catch, I didn't even notice that he said 20x10 as in if that meant all four wheels. But upon further investigation, it appears the rears are 315/30/20's. So only 10mm narrower than stock. That tire requires 10.5 to 11.5 width rims, which a 10" rim in the rear wouldn't fit.

I did find online that the wheels can be had in staggered:

https://www.elementwheels.com/wheels...ck-flow-forged

20x10 up front and 20x11 rear. Considering in the photo's that the wheel width looks correct for a 315mm tire and the tire not bulging out from the rim width, that the rear wheel IMO is not a 10" rim. Almost certainly has to be a 11" rim. I don't think someone that put this much effort into the car would gimp it with 10" wide wheels in the back. Hopefully

Pic showing the rear wheel width vs 315 rear tire width:

https://content.homenetiol.com/20021...e523de1b32.jpg

Pic showing the tire size:

https://content.homenetiol.com/20021...f8ee509e68.jpg

Now I just need to find out come tire replacement if I get stick 325's back there again on an 20x11 and not hit the DSSV's.

While it may indeed have 20x11 rear and 20x10 front, the ZL1 1LE came with 19x12 rear and 19x11 front. Just mentioning that in case it wasn't known to you.

YouTube
Old 07-15-2022, 07:45 AM   #8
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Eeesh, I didnt realize it was a ZLE they put those wheels on. What the hell?
Old 07-15-2022, 07:58 AM   #9
Zybane

Quote:

Yes, no carbon fiber interior trim which I don't mind, but it does have PDR which is much more important to me.
Old 07-15-2022, 08:04 AM   #10
Zybane

Quote:
While it may indeed have 20x11 rear and 20x10 front, the ZL1 1LE came with 19x12 rear and 19x11 front. Just mentioning that in case it wasn't known to you.
Ya, tracking thanks. I remember reading about the ZLE wheel sizes, it didn't occur to me to double check the new wheel sizes against stock. I do like the style of the aftermarket wheels better than the OEM, so giving up the 10mm in the rear tire width isn't a huge deal for me. I know a lot of people love stock OEM stuff, but the OEM ZLE wheels are a bit boring to me.
Old 07-15-2022, 08:15 AM   #11
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zybane View Post
Ya, tracking thanks. I remember reading about the ZLE wheel sizes, it didn't occur to me to double check the new wheel sizes against stock. I do like the style of the aftermarket wheels better than the OEM, so giving up the 10mm in the rear tire width isn't a huge deal for me. I know a lot of people love stock OEM stuff, but the OEM ZLE wheels are a bit boring to me.
Another thing to keep in mind... what will the car's purpose be? For use on the track, 20" wheels will result in worse performance. For a daily driver, the ride quality is already quite poor with the DSSV dampers. I would imagine it is much worse on 20" wheels. For a weekend warrior, perhaps you'll be ok, but you should be aware what you're signing up for in a ZLE with larger wheels.

YouTube
Old 07-15-2022, 08:29 AM   #12
Zybane

Quote:
Another thing to keep in mind... what will the car's purpose be? For use on the track, 20" wheels will result in worse performance. For a daily driver, the ride quality is already quite poor with the DSSV dampers. I would imagine it is much worse on 20" wheels. For a weekend warrior, perhaps you'll be ok, but you should be aware what you're signing up for in a ZLE with larger wheels.
Yup, it's just a weekend car to blast around and have fun in the twisties in the mountains in Colorado.

If the 20" wheels annoy me, I can always swap them out.
Old 07-15-2022, 12:36 PM   #13
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
I think this car belong to someone here on the Forum. I need to do some research. I am quite sure I bought the OEM wheels from him

OP, i think this should be your wheels size and tires : 20" Blaque Diamond BD F-25. The wheels will be 20x11 +11 Front and 20x12 +45 Rear. Tires will be PS4S 305/30/20 Front and 315/30/20 Rear.

Last edited by Wuiquen; 07-15-2022 at 12:58 PM.
Wuiquen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 03:19 PM   #14
Zybane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
I think this car belong to someone here on the Forum. I need to do some research. I am quite sure I bought the OEM wheels from him

OP, i think this should be your wheels size and tires : 20" Blaque Diamond BD F-25. The wheels will be 20x11 +11 Front and 20x12 +45 Rear. Tires will be PS4S 305/30/20 Front and 315/30/20 Rear.
Please let me know if you find anything I especially like to know and make sure that there's nothing wrong with the car.