Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-12-2017, 04:25 PM   #15
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzz View Post
WOW 5k off a 2018 SS with no consumer rebates... There are obviously factory to dealer incentives on the 18's also!

Seems a little fishy, one of the 3 cars is in transit. Sales person told me the price may change when the vehicle arrives but that the price is good for the one in stock. Told me the price was only dealer incentives since there currently aren't any manufacturer rebates on the camaro.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:26 PM   #16
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
I don't think it sounds fishy. Incentives change on a monthly basis so the dealer can't guarantee the price on a unit that is in transit yet to be delivered. I'm actually surprised at that discount they offered on a new 18 SS LE! One thing I did see on another thread is there will be a $500 price increase on the LE sport package on all SS models delivered starting this week.
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:33 PM   #17
FATTEMUNK

Drives: 600whp 2016 C63 AMG/ 2018 SS 1LE
Are you talking about Koons? I am looking to purchase a silver SS 1LE and they are the only ones who seem to have one in stock.

Edit: Yeah i was also wondering why they had their cars identically equipped to other dealers for 5k off. Maybe they are a high volume dealership and need the space?
FATTEMUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:37 PM   #18
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATTEMUNK View Post
Are you talking about Koons? I am looking to purchase a silver SS 1LE and they are the only ones who seem to have one in stock.

Edit: Yeah i was also wondering why they had their cars identically equipped to other dealers for 5k off. Maybe they are a high volume dealership and need the space?
No, not Koons, but I just saw that they have like 10 of them on the lot!!! I want the light silver one!!!!

That's not the one you want is it? I want that one!! They also have a Nightfall gray, red, two blue, and a couple black ones. Maybe I can beat you to the dealership!

I'm out of town, so I'm sure you'll beat me to it, just be careful. Another guy on here said he had a deal worked out with Koons online and on the phone and when he went to pick up the car, they removed the car from the discount.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:12 PM   #19
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
You guys should share what dealerships these deals are at as I can't seem to find them.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:17 PM   #20
OddJack

Drives: Submarine
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMadeYouReadThis View Post
Don't forget to slap up some pics when you get that bro

Will do bud. They just confirmed receipt of my deposit. May take several weeks before it gets here.
OddJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:30 PM   #21
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
You guys should share what dealerships these deals are at as I can't seem to find them.
Can't have someone snatch them up from under me!! hahaha

One of them is Koons, Tysons corner (Virginia). They have like 10 2018 SS 1LE's. Advertised at 40 to 42k (their Wow price).
Old 10-13-2017, 02:23 AM   #22
FATTEMUNK

Drives: 600whp 2016 C63 AMG/ 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Can't have someone snatch them up from under me!! hahaha

One of them is Koons, Tysons corner (Virginia). They have like 10 2018 SS 1LE's. Advertised at 40 to 42k (their Wow price).
Yeah the silver ice metallic 1SS 1LE is the one I want but idk if it has PDR and that is kind of a must have option for me. Plus Im prob not gonna buy rn dont have enough lmao and BTW chef literally go to autotrader.com and look it up. Thats how I found out about koons.
FATTEMUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 05:38 AM   #23
Jordonc2

Drives: Not a Camaro yet
Just purchased 2SS Convt. There are deals out there. Good deals. You just need to find a dealer who wants your business and is willing to work with you. I have been waiting for the 20% off tags. Stopped by another dealer who had exact car I wanted and made a deal better than -20%. As others have said, there are deals out there, you have to find the right dealer.
Jordonc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:20 AM   #24
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATTEMUNK View Post
Yeah the silver ice metallic 1SS 1LE is the one I want but idk if it has PDR and that is kind of a must have option for me. Plus Im prob not gonna buy rn dont have enough lmao and BTW chef literally go to autotrader.com and look it up. Thats how I found out about koons.
No PDR on that one, but they have some blue ones with the PDR.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:51 AM   #25
sdmcss

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE, 1985 MCSS
Quote:
How would you know there are if they are hidden? I'm really having a hard time believing any of your posts on pricing. (No offense).
After talking to a dealer principal a few months back they are limited on the 20% Red Tags (Hypothetically, Lets say they get 5 of them for the whole lot). They are required by Chevrolet to put at least a Limited number (5 in this case) red tags out on the lot. The red tag must be reported to Chevrolet before the month begins (Nov 1). Chevrolet approves and then the dealership places the red tag on the car for that month (Nov 1 - Nov 30).

Then if the car does not sell they are allowed to "Re" Red Tag it the next month to try to move the vehicle (This still is one of the 5 tags that dealer gets for December).

That is why it is "Hidden" Only the Dealer Marketing and Principal know what cars will have Red Tags on them next month. Chevrolet receives notice a week before the vehicle is tagged. Then the vehicle gets this awesome 20% off Red Tag. Remember these tags are shared across all models at the dealership. So not all tags will be on a Camaro. Not all Camaros will be tagged.

Just keep your eye out and check with the dealership. There are some good deals out there. You just have to find the Gem.

*Note: Every dealer gets a number of tags. Number of tags are varied by dealership.

*Note: Tags usually show up around Thanksgiving and event some vehicles in January will still have a Red Tag deal.

Past/Current:
2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible, M6, Silver Ice Metallic, Inferno Orange Interior and Stripes - SOLD
2007 Monte Carlo SS, LS4, Summit White, Silver Rally Stripes - SOLD
2006 Impala SS, LS4, Black on Black - SOLD
1985 Monte Carlo SS
sdmcss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 04:01 PM   #26
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
Quote:
How would you know there are if they are hidden? I'm really having a hard time believing any of your posts on pricing. (No offense).
Plain and simple to make it easy when you see a dealer taking $5K off a 2018 Camaro that has zero customer rebates, and when you see new 2017 Camaros being sold at 9K or more off of MSRP without even negotiating while they have just $3750 in customer rebates, there has to be factory to dealer incentives involved to get to those price points. With the consumer being unaware of the incentives it is up to the dealer if they choose to pass them on or not, therefore they are "hidden" incentives. One good thing about factory to dealer incentives is they tend not to lower the value of used cars nearly as much as customer rebates do. Obviously the bad thing about them for us consumers is we do not usually know how much is there and we have to sometimes negotiate to get the incentives as it's up to the dealers how much of it if any they choose to put into that particular deal.

Last edited by Chazzz; 10-13-2017 at 09:54 PM.
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:51 PM   #27
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzz View Post
Plain and simple to make it easy when you see a dealer taking $5K off a 2018 Camaro that has zero customer rebates, and when you see new 2017 Camaros being sold at 9K or more off of MSRP without even negotiating while they have just a $3750 in customer rebates, there has to be factory to dealer incentives involved to get to those price points. With the consumer being unaware of the incentives it is up to the dealer if they choose to pass them on or not, therefore they are "hidden" incentives. One good thing about factory to dealer incentives is they tend not to lower the value of used cars nearly as much as customer rebates do. Obviously the bad thing about them for us consumers is we do not usually know how much is there and we have to sometimes negotiate to get the incentives as it's up to the dealers how much of it if any they choose to put into that particular deal.
For the second time, share these dealers that are advertising 5k off of 2018 1LE.. I'll wait.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:08 PM   #28
Quix

Drives: 2016 2LT V6 Garnet Red
Quote:
For the second time, share these dealers that are advertising 5k off of 2018 1LE.. I'll wait.
Advertised deals are just the start when it comes to cars, call some dealerships that have 2017 cars left (check their websites) and see if they're willing to deal before bothering to go there. 2018... you'll have to wait to next year for the best deals.
Quix is offline   Reply With Quote