Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-24-2016, 09:06 PM   #29
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70454 View Post
Quality control is usually a great thing but Chevy quality control is a joke. I have ordered a few cars by different car manufacturers and in my personal experience which is a small sample size Chevy is a complete joke. Some people are getting their cars within 2 weeks of being built yet mine was built over a month ago. Also many cars are having problems like paint that should never get released. The mechanical problems and issues many people are having qc can't find or will never catch b/c it is near impossible. I have come to realize you are a Chevy nuthugger and your views are so biased and 1 sided your a joke. That Mustang is a very nice car and in many ways is better than a 2016 Camaro SS.

Good luck with your endeavors.

EDIT: By the way...it's "You're", not "Your"....
Old 02-29-2016, 12:39 PM   #30
stars_fan
Nerd

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Any updates? My dealer is claiming the car I'd like to purchase from his stock order is sitting at the rail yard snowed/iced in. It had a delivery date of 2/12 but they don't know where the car is currently at (they are expecting about 5 cars they all claim are waiting due to snow).
stars_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:43 PM   #31
Davebrazz

Drives: 1994 Camaro Z28/ 2016 Camaro 2SS
My Camaro seems to be stuck in quality control now as well. I'm sure it's a situation where it only needs to be there minimal time but it has been there almost 3 weeks now already. A very frustrating wait knowing it's just someone's oversight that is causing it to sit there. Trying to stay positive, but this "roller coaster ride" isn't fun anymore.
Davebrazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:30 PM   #32
Algeron

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible, 1998 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic701 View Post
They helped me and gave me a rail car number, QC dates, QC release dates, They were more helpful then my dealer get a rail car number when you can and track the rail car via Automatic phone response
Thanks for the pics. I have a vert on order with the same interior setup. It looks better than I thought it would.
Old 03-17-2016, 11:37 AM   #33
63falcondude

Drives: 16 Camaro, 11 Stryker, 00 Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70454 View Post
Quality control is usually a great thing but Chevy quality control is a joke. I have ordered a few cars by different car manufacturers and in my personal experience which is a small sample size Chevy is a complete joke. Some people are getting their cars within 2 weeks of being built yet mine was built over a month ago. Also many cars are having problems like paint that should never get released. The mechanical problems and issues many people are having qc can't find or will never catch b/c it is near impossible. I have come to realize you are a Chevy nuthugger and your views are so biased and 1 sided your a joke. That Mustang is a very nice car and in many ways is better than a 2016 Camaro SS.
That'll make you friends.

1100 12/14/2015
3000 1/8/2016 (TPW 2/1)
3800 2/1/2016
5000 3/5/2016
63falcondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:26 AM   #34
martelds
Go Arizona Cardinals

Drives: 2006 GMC Duramax 2500 HD, 2016 2SS
I ordered my car Dec 18th. It was built Feb 4 and it sat in QC check for a while. It was very hard getting information about the status of my car. I know my sales guy tried to get the information for me, but just couldn't, for whatever reason GM doesn't want your nose in their build process. And frankly unless you paid for the car, why should they care. Their concern should be quality, not how fast they can make and deliver a car to a dealer. It kind of sucks having to wait, but my car is now on a train and on it's way to AZ and ready to live in her garage. Calm down people, GM is dammed if they do dammed if they don't. On one hand, people are pissed their cars are in QC check, then they get pissed if there are problems with the car. I was irritated too having to wait with little info, but now I'm tracking her across the country and it's kind of fun.
2016 2SS Garnet Red 2SS,6 Speed, NPP, MRC, Adrenaline Red interior, Black Rally Stripes, NAV, Sunroof, Corvette Z51 Black Wheels, Black Front Fascia, aFe / PFADT Suspension Lowering Springs, Black High Rise Rear Spoiler. High flow headers, E85, Roto-Fab Cold Air, MSD Atomic AirForce Intake. aFe / PFADT Front & Rear Sway Bar. Pushing 520 to the Rear Wheels

Last edited by martelds; 03-18-2016 at 11:28 AM. Reason: missspelling
martelds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:28 AM   #35
Zl1le

Drives: zl1 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Martin View Post
My 1SS was TPW 10/12 and was built on 10/14. It went 3800, then 4300 for a month while it sat at GM Lansing Grand River. On 11/13 it went 4200 for half a day went it was shipped to Troy, MI to be incarcerated at Penske Vehicle Services. It sat at Penske from 11/14 until 01/22/16 when it was shipped finally to the railhead at GM Hamtramck Assembly Plant. I received the Camaro on 02/04/16 with no explanation from GM/Chevrolet as to why it had such an extensive delay.

So far, I've noted no problems with the car. I can't tell what work was done to it, although the passenger side strut tower looks tampered with.

I hope you have better luck, as I had no info from any source other than our Becky. My dealer was absolutely clueless and the employees would just shrug and say that Chevy's not telling them anything. Chevy live chat was a joke, too, and a total waste of time.

My car is fantastic, but I have no idea if or what they did to it for over three months that it was "on QC hold." If GM would at least communicate with their buyers, it would ease the wait.
Woah that sounds like it sucks, im currently in the same situation and feel so helpless on what i should do
Zl1le is offline   Reply With Quote