Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-16-2017, 08:41 AM   #1
SlickbackJr

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT
Need Help - Complete Suspension Upgrade

Im planning to make a complete suspension upgrade to my 2014 V6 Camaro but I'm not as knowledgeable as I'd like to be in all the upgrades and options available.
I've found some stuff here and there on the Camaro5 forums but a lot of them are from 2010-12 and was thinking there may be better options nowadays.

Down side to this is that it's not ganna get into any racing soon with everything I have planned for it and is ganna be used for my daily drive, since I've seen almost all the posts with people upgrading to hit the tracks or streets...

One post talked about getting a Strut Tower Brace where the V8 one would be better but wouldn't fit with the hood of a V6 but this will be ok as I'm changing out mine for a z28 hood.

On another post I found a comment saying "if you don`t replace the stock rubber suspension bushings with polyurethane bushings, then eveything else is just a waste of time and money".

So far I've found different posts recommending getting trailing arms, toe-link arm upgrade, rear differential and cradle bushings, coil overs, swaybars, front and rear endlinks, solid subframe mounts, radius bush mod,

There's probably a lot more stuff too that I should change that I'm missing here and to be honest I don't know what some of these are. I'm planning to get as much of it as I can and get my car's suspension completely upgraded all in one go so I will most likely end up searching up a lot on how to install a lot of this stuff or maybe give up somewhere and take everything to someone to install it for me... (last resort)

Is there any suspension kits that would cover a good amount of these in one purchase or if not I'd like to know where or who everyone recommends I get these parts from.

I'm here asking for help since everyone I've seen on posts seem to know what they're talking about and everyone they have assisted have found everything they've been looking for from you great people.

I am open to Any suggestions and All input
Please help
Thanks and I apologize for all the reading I've made u do...
SlickbackJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:40 AM   #2
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Buy the 1LE kit (GM part), do solid rear sub frame bushings (pegasus or AFE from ebay), and front radius arm bushings.
What size tires??
From what I have read solid Diff bushing transfer a lot of noise and the polys don't last but are good short term now that depends on how you drive it.
Find some 1LE/ZL1/Z28 toe rods, trailing arms, and a set of Z/28 rear upper control arm bushings.
Not much on lowering so someone else will have to weigh in on that.
I'm pretty much everything Ive stated except for the solid bushings and rear UCA bushings but that will change soon. Also don't forget a good alignment/aggressive street alignment.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 01:29 PM   #3
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Contact JusticePete. He is a gen5 guru.
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 01:31 PM   #4
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Don't do the Diff Bushings - you will get Noise & Vibration

Cradle Bushings are good.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:32 PM   #5
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Are you looking to upgrade all those components at the same time, or is there a priority you are looking at. Sway bars, Trailing arms, and Toe-links are the most noticeable upgrades to start with. Cradle bushing would be next.

Are you looking to upgrade power anytime?
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:46 PM   #6
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickbackJr View Post
Im planning to make a complete suspension upgrade to my 2014 V6 Camaro but I'm not as knowledgeable as I'd like to be in all the upgrades and options available.
I've found some stuff here and there on the Camaro5 forums but a lot of them are from 2010-12 and was thinking there may be better options nowadays.

Down side to this is that it's not ganna get into any racing soon with everything I have planned for it and is ganna be used for my daily drive, since I've seen almost all the posts with people upgrading to hit the tracks or streets...

One post talked about getting a Strut Tower Brace where the V8 one would be better but wouldn't fit with the hood of a V6 but this will be ok as I'm changing out mine for a z28 hood.

On another post I found a comment saying "if you don`t replace the stock rubber suspension bushings with polyurethane bushings, then eveything else is just a waste of time and money".

So far I've found different posts recommending getting trailing arms, toe-link arm upgrade, rear differential and cradle bushings, coil overs, swaybars, front and rear endlinks, solid subframe mounts, radius bush mod,

There's probably a lot more stuff too that I should change that I'm missing here and to be honest I don't know what some of these are. I'm planning to get as much of it as I can and get my car's suspension completely upgraded all in one go so I will most likely end up searching up a lot on how to install a lot of this stuff or maybe give up somewhere and take everything to someone to install it for me... (last resort)

Is there any suspension kits that would cover a good amount of these in one purchase or if not I'd like to know where or who everyone recommends I get these parts from.

I'm here asking for help since everyone I've seen on posts seem to know what they're talking about and everyone they have assisted have found everything they've been looking for from you great people.

I am open to Any suggestions and All input
Please help
Thanks and I apologize for all the reading I've made u do...
The GM parts bin is deep for the 5th Gen. What specifically do you want your V6 to do better?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:02 PM   #7
SlickbackJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
Buy the 1LE kit (GM part), do solid rear sub frame bushings (pegasus or AFE from ebay), and front radius arm bushings.
What size tires??
From what I have read solid Diff bushing transfer a lot of noise and the polys don't last but are good short term now that depends on how you drive it.
Find some 1LE/ZL1/Z28 toe rods, trailing arms, and a set of Z/28 rear upper control arm bushings.
Not much on lowering so someone else will have to weigh in on that.
I'm pretty much everything Ive stated except for the solid bushings and rear UCA bushings but that will change soon. Also don't forget a good alignment/aggressive street alignment.
The tires are 18" (47.5cm) I believe... and thx for the tips
Old 03-16-2017, 07:07 PM   #8
SlickbackJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Are you looking to upgrade all those components at the same time, or is there a priority you are looking at. Sway bars, Trailing arms, and Toe-links are the most noticeable upgrades to start with. Cradle bushing would be next.

Are you looking to upgrade power anytime?
I wanted to upgrade all the components that would work together first as to not have to comeback later and remove something I had already put in place to put another part in.
And yes power is ganna be a big focus haha but mostly cosmetic like the cars appearence first after this
Old 03-16-2017, 07:30 PM   #9
SlickbackJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The GM parts bin is deep for the 5th Gen. What specifically do you want your V6 to do better?
I just want an overall upgrade in performance, like I said in another reply I'm ganna focus on power later and heard this is a great start. I wanted to change the stock suspensions it has for aftermarket before starting the cosmetic changes and wanted to see the changes everyone's recommendations would bring.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:37 PM   #10
JusticePete

Quote:
I just want an overall upgrade in performance, like I said in another reply I'm ganna focus on power later and heard this is a great start. I wanted to change the stock suspensions it has for aftermarket before starting the cosmetic changes and wanted to see the changes everyone's recommendations would bring.
Do you canyon run, just enjoy the twisties...?
Old 03-16-2017, 08:31 PM   #11
SlickbackJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Do you canyon run, just enjoy the twisties...?
Not really I haven't had the chance to try it. Mostly I just drive in the city and freeway.
Srry about late reply, something happened and internet was down for some reason, hasn't happened before...
Old 03-16-2017, 08:48 PM   #12
JusticePete

Quote:
Not really I haven't had the chance to try it. Mostly I just drive in the city and freeway.
Srry about late reply, something happened and internet was down for some reason, hasn't happened before...
NP

Hands down the biggest bang for the buck will be a rear sway bar upgrade to a larger bar. You can get a 1LE or ZL1 take off rear bar dirt cheap. My 32mm JPSS rear bar will be even better. Up front add a set of JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushing Inserts to replace the soft factory rubber snubbers.

These two changes will transform your Camaro and not break the bank. We can do more, thousands and thousands of dollars more, but for many people, this is all they will ever need. The 5th Gen is no slouch out of the box. With a few mods it is waaaaaaaaaaay better. With the full boat no expense spared off the charts.

Tags
help me i'm a noob, help me please, help needed, suspension, technical