Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-10-2016, 10:16 AM   #1
jeffloth

Drives: 1994 Camaro
My 1994 Camero Z28 sporadically floors itself

I have a 1994 Camero Z28 that I drive only in summer here in Wisconsin. I let it sit on blocks for the winter. A few years ago towards the end of summer I noticed that it was having some issues that forced me to take it off the road.
Once warmed up, the gas pedal would just drive itself towards the ground and red line. I don't remember it doing this while driving so much as at idle it would happen most often. The car would lunge forward to the point the brakes could not hold me from almost hitting the person in front of me.
I want to take to a Chevy dealer, but was curious what any of you might think my issue is?
Any ideas for what to look for? Has anyone else had this type of problem?
jeffloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:59 AM   #2
EZurcher

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
If it has cruise, I would look at the cruise control. It's the only thing I can think of that can do that. There should be a speed sensor that prevents engagement below 20 mph or so. Sounds like it's trying to resume a previously remembered speed. You may want to disconnect it entirely and see if the problem still occurs.
EZurcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:06 AM   #3
The Patriot

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS VERT
I had that happen a few times on a '90 Jeep Cherokee Limited that was my DD when I owned one of my Vettes. Scared the shit out of me, like you said, the brakes didn't hold it every time and I had to shut it off. When it happened in winter and nearly caused me to ram through an intersection that Jeep went bye-bye!

"Today I didn't even have to use my AK, I got ta' say it was a good day"
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help me please